Announcements
** August Nap's Competition Result : 1st Thebestthere, 2nd Glavintoby, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert, KO Cup Steve75, Most Winners Alastair, York Comp: Thebestthere**
**September Poker League Result : 1st Kevsul £75, 2nd Gemic £45, 3rd Barry John £30**

£20 Daily Challenge - All Welcome

10 hours ago, Trotter said:

3 placed but no cigar - bank 832.18

with this bet I don't think it's worth doing EW ....... you're already losing 3 stakes even if you get a winning double, not much point splitting stakes even further

There's a couple of small field races at Yarmouth with Odds Against favourites ....... could be an opportunity to sneak a small win

Yarm 5.30 - Jellystone 7/4 (WON) and You Owe Me 2/1
Yarm 6.00 - Yazaman 11/10 (WON) and Different Face 15/8

prices bet365 bog

4 x £5 doubles

small win but I've had a few losers recently so it's welcome !

returns 28.88, profit 8.88. bank 841.06

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Return 89.38, profit 69.38 this month +59.93  

nice drifter in the 1.50 ! returns 87.50, profit 67.50, bank 883.49

Won  Bank £322

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, LeMale said:

Bank = £175.26 

1300 W - Living On A Dream @ 40-1  £2 ew 

2100 N - Cozone @ 66-1  £4 ew

1740 Cur - Joven @ 20-1 £4 ew 

Good luck ...... going for a biggie !

I might have a crack at EW singles or doubles for a few days just for a change !

7 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Good luck ...... going for a biggie !

I might have a crack at EW singles or doubles for a few days just for a change !

Have been trying something different last couple of days to do in the £20 challenge, but going to start that next week. Todays are just a few i have looked at today for one reason or another and they have had some market movement. 

Well done yesterday, getting your eye back in.

6.40 Curragh - £20 win Royal Lytham 10/1 Hills

Blinkers on first time, good form in the book and shapes as if he can see out the mile despite not racing further than 6f on the track to date. Don't think this is a brilliant renewal and given this one was only beaten a length by the 11/4 favourite for this race last time out and with potential to enjoy the trip more than that one, looks like a good price.

12.30 Doncaster - Gossip @ 5/2 (Bet365)

Really think this one wins today - surprised she's been given a mark as lowly as 65 on handicap debut. Conditions fine and saw off a few horses now rated higher than her mark in novice runs. Open to improvement and she's surely capable of winning off this mark.

1.15 Newbury - Redgrave @ 9/1 (Bet365)

Down off a decent mark here having run some decent races off higher marks last season. Conditions fine, goes well fresh and trainer Edward Tuite is in form.

1.50 Newbury - It's Good to Laugh @ 5/2 (Bet365)

Close 2nd to Kameko on debut looks good form now but has a big chance on other runs too. Losing margin when 2nd last time out was exaggerated having been hampered late on, any rain won't inconvenience and the winner last time has gone in again off 5lbs higher. Even when this one was 10th of 10 two starts back, the form has worked out well so wasn't a terrible effort. 

2.05 Sandown - Ascension @ 5/2 (Bet365)

Open to improvement this year and has a swing in the weights with Tomfre on his final run of last season when slowly away and didn't get the best of passages. The fact that he easily brushed aside a horse now rated 92 in a novice race, and gets to run off 87 here bodes well and no issues with conditions. Tough to beat. 

2.25 Newbury - Viva Gloria @ 11/1 (Bet365)

Think this one has a decent e/w chance based on a good run at Kempton last time, outrunning her odds and wasn't beaten far by Foxtrot Lady there who is a 9/2 shot today. Raced keenly but battled on well and I think the step back to 7f and a positive ride could see her a tough nut to crack. Hope John Egan goes from the front and forces it today.

3.35 Newbury - Zaaki @ 7/2 (Bet365)

Fav is short and there wasn't much between these two last season. Zaaki has a better attitude than Comedy King for me and goes very well fresh, including when beating Barney Roy on last year's reappearance. Think he can turn him over.

20x£1 trebles

12.35 Goodwood - Hlaitan @ 4/1 (Hills)

Two good runs last year and looks off a winnable mark based on the subsequent form of his rivals there. Was a bit unlucky last time out at Kempton when not having a clear passage and finishing well. Step up in trip should suit and trainer is going very well.

1.45 Goodwood - Electric Ladyland @ 13/2 (Hills)

Easier than its run over 6 1/2f in France back in March and these conditions suit better back over the 5f. Not sure about the form of the favourite's win last time out and 5f may be too sharp for Caspian Queen. This looks a big price to me. 

2.00 Doncaster - Encore D'or @ 7/1 (Hills)

Travelled well on his first run of the year at Newmarket last week in a respectable run in a competitive race. Conditions are fine, usually comes on for a run and is running off his lowest mark for four years. Shaped as if still capable and has won over c&d on soft so no issues today.

2.20 Goodwood - Lyzbeth @ 5/1 (Hills)

Really interesting runner here - won first time out last season easily from a horse now rated in the 90s so strong form - was unlucky later on last season over 7f through slow starts, trouble in runs and soft ground. I think 6f is perfect and with a bit of luck can go very well - positive market signs too.

2.35 Doncaster - Tarboosh @ 7/1 (Hills)

Bit to find on figures but this looks like it'll be run at a furious gallop even for a small field with a lot of prominent runners - Tarboosh will love that and could pick them off late on if the cards fall right.

10x£2 doubles.

21 hours ago, Bathtime For Rupert said:

12.35 Goodwood - Hlaitan @ 4/1 (Hills)

Two good runs last year and looks off a winnable mark based on the subsequent form of his rivals there. Was a bit unlucky last time out at Kempton when not having a clear passage and finishing well. Step up in trip should suit and trainer is going very well.

1.45 Goodwood - Electric Ladyland @ 13/2 (Hills)

Easier than its run over 6 1/2f in France back in March and these conditions suit better back over the 5f. Not sure about the form of the favourite's win last time out and 5f may be too sharp for Caspian Queen. This looks a big price to me. 

2.00 Doncaster - Encore D'or @ 7/1 (Hills)

Travelled well on his first run of the year at Newmarket last week in a respectable run in a competitive race. Conditions are fine, usually comes on for a run and is running off his lowest mark for four years. Shaped as if still capable and has won over c&d on soft so no issues today.

2.20 Goodwood - Lyzbeth @ 5/1 (Hills)

Really interesting runner here - won first time out last season easily from a horse now rated in the 90s so strong form - was unlucky later on last season over 7f through slow starts, trouble in runs and soft ground. I think 6f is perfect and with a bit of luck can go very well - positive market signs too.

2.35 Doncaster - Tarboosh @ 7/1 (Hills)

Bit to find on figures but this looks like it'll be run at a furious gallop even for a small field with a lot of prominent runners - Tarboosh will love that and could pick them off late on if the cards fall right.

10x£2 doubles.

£90 return.

2.20 Pontefract - Frankelio @ 11/1

Clearly has a bit to prove after last season turned sour towards the end but this time in 2019 he was running off marks in the 80s with credit so if the break has done him some good, returning off 69 today from a good draw and conditions to suit, is worth chancing at an e/w price. 

3.15 Goodwood - Heliaebel @ 12/1

By no means thrown in here but showed some decent form last year and stayed on pretty well for third at Wolverhampton most recently, but shaped as if needing further which is no surprise being by Camelot. The front two were on the front end throughout in that race and just had too much speed but upped to 1m2f today is a good move and could run well at an e/w price.

3.55 Pontefract - Lady Shanawell @ 10/1

Another decent price and another one who has a bit to prove after a low key end to the season but conditions look bang on for this one, stiff 1m4f should suit ideally and ran several good races on the level and over hurdles last season. Off a lowly mark today and the trainer's horses are in cracking form, which bodes well for this one's return.

3 x £5 win singles

3 x £1.50 win doubles

1 x £0.50 win treble

Bank = £155.26 

1310 G - Pettochside @ 6-1 

1705 K - Aegeus @ 9-4 

1725 C - Red Bravo @ 5-1 

1825 C - Peggy Sue @ 10-3 

Yankee = £11 

1330 F - Rockview Empress @ 25-1 ew  £2 

1450 P - Eva Maria @ 10-1 ew  £2.50 

On 6/15/2020 at 10:51 AM, Bathtime For Rupert said:

£90 return.

2.20 Pontefract - Frankelio @ 11/1

Clearly has a bit to prove after last season turned sour towards the end but this time in 2019 he was running off marks in the 80s with credit so if the break has done him some good, returning off 69 today from a good draw and conditions to suit, is worth chancing at an e/w price. 

3.15 Goodwood - Heliaebel @ 12/1

By no means thrown in here but showed some decent form last year and stayed on pretty well for third at Wolverhampton most recently, but shaped as if needing further which is no surprise being by Camelot. The front two were on the front end throughout in that race and just had too much speed but upped to 1m2f today is a good move and could run well at an e/w price.

3.55 Pontefract - Lady Shanawell @ 10/1

Another decent price and another one who has a bit to prove after a low key end to the season but conditions look bang on for this one, stiff 1m4f should suit ideally and ran several good races on the level and over hurdles last season. Off a lowly mark today and the trainer's horses are in cracking form, which bodes well for this one's return.

3 x £5 win singles

3 x £1.50 win doubles

1 x £0.50 win treble

£60 return, bank of £130

1.15 - Keyser Soze @ 12/1 Bet365

Need a bit of luck with this one as often slowly away and will need to come through late but down to a good mark, conditions are bang on, will get a good pace to run at and wasn't in bad form when last seen. Seasoned performer and no issues with a large field.

1.50 - Mustashry @ 14/1 Bet365

Not the easiest of races to assess but I'll give a chance to Mustashry - certainly more exposed than most but has proven class and his win in the Lockinge last year was impressive and made him an 11/2 shot for this race 12 months ago. Ran a bit flat that day but I don't think they went off at a great pace and he found a bit of trouble when the race quickened, stayed on reasonably well to the line and subsequently travelled well in the Eclipse before fading late on. The mile suits best and should get a good gallop today with Marie's Diamond in the field, so worth chancing with the form in the book.

2.25 - Miss Yoda @ 6/1 Bet365

Fav could be anything but on the form in the book think she's too short. Miss Yoda won the Oaks trial at Lingfield despite being upset in the stalls, being short of room and taking a keen hold - they didn't go quickly that day but she will absolutely relish conditions so long as there's a faster pace on today. Strong finishing type who if settling better today will be there at the finish. Beat Berkshire Rocco last season who was a decent 2nd to Derby fancy English King in the Derby trial this year. 

3.00 - Mohican Heights @ 9/2 Bet365

Fav might win but I can't take evens about a horse racing half a mile further than ever before. Mohican Heights is also stepping up in trip but is a backable price and is open to improvement - comfortably beat a decent yardstick last time out over a mile and this one is bred to love middle distances so can continue to progress today.

4.10 - Nazeef @ 7/2 Bet365

On a formline through Billesdon Brook, this one has a big shout here, comfortably seeing that one off last time out when a couple of other fancied rivals have been beaten by that one last season. Hugely progressive type, the quicker they go the better for him today. Conditions absolutely fine and John Gosden yard going well.

4.40 - Smart Champion @ 12/1 Bet365

I think this one may well be the strongest stayer in the field, which clearly helps in a 2m4f marathon! Ran some good races last season including over the Cesarewitch trip at Newmarket and will see this out no problem. Not off a bad mark, decent draw but will need a bit of luck in running as he doesn't do anything quickly. 

15 x £1 win doubles

20 x 25p win trebles

Bank £110

going to try 3 e-w lucky 15s tonight in USA, not great place terms in less than 8 runners races but still looks value to me

e-w lucky betfair

Meetme At Dstreet @ 12/1 - Belterra Park 19:02
Catch My Kitty @ 12/1 - Belterra Park 20:29
Josies Riddle @ 11/2 - Thistledown 18:21
Be The Change @ 4/1 - Fort Erie 21:08

e-w lucky 15 bet 365
Noble Alma @ 10/1 - Indiana Grand 21:12
Dawns Dancer @ 13/2 - Indiana Grand 22:08
Simple Pleasure @ 5/1 - Lone Star 22:45
Dulce Ride @ 4/1 - Lone Star 23:15

e-w lucky 15 bet365
Elis Coming @ 12/1 - Indiana Grand 19:20
Auntie Katherine @ 7/1 - Fort Erie 21:36
Southern Spirit @ 9/1 - Thistledown 18:21
United Stand @ 15/2 - Belterra Park 19:31

22 hours ago, Bathtime For Rupert said:

£60 return, bank of £130

1.15 - Keyser Soze @ 12/1 Bet365

Need a bit of luck with this one as often slowly away and will need to come through late but down to a good mark, conditions are bang on, will get a good pace to run at and wasn't in bad form when last seen. Seasoned performer and no issues with a large field.

1.50 - Mustashry @ 14/1 Bet365

Not the easiest of races to assess but I'll give a chance to Mustashry - certainly more exposed than most but has proven class and his win in the Lockinge last year was impressive and made him an 11/2 shot for this race 12 months ago. Ran a bit flat that day but I don't think they went off at a great pace and he found a bit of trouble when the race quickened, stayed on reasonably well to the line and subsequently travelled well in the Eclipse before fading late on. The mile suits best and should get a good gallop today with Marie's Diamond in the field, so worth chancing with the form in the book.

2.25 - Miss Yoda @ 6/1 Bet365

Fav could be anything but on the form in the book think she's too short. Miss Yoda won the Oaks trial at Lingfield despite being upset in the stalls, being short of room and taking a keen hold - they didn't go quickly that day but she will absolutely relish conditions so long as there's a faster pace on today. Strong finishing type who if settling better today will be there at the finish. Beat Berkshire Rocco last season who was a decent 2nd to Derby fancy English King in the Derby trial this year. 

3.00 - Mohican Heights @ 9/2 Bet365

Fav might win but I can't take evens about a horse racing half a mile further than ever before. Mohican Heights is also stepping up in trip but is a backable price and is open to improvement - comfortably beat a decent yardstick last time out over a mile and this one is bred to love middle distances so can continue to progress today.

4.10 - Nazeef @ 7/2 Bet365

On a formline through Billesdon Brook, this one has a big shout here, comfortably seeing that one off last time out when a couple of other fancied rivals have been beaten by that one last season. Hugely progressive type, the quicker they go the better for him today. Conditions absolutely fine and John Gosden yard going well.

4.40 - Smart Champion @ 12/1 Bet365

I think this one may well be the strongest stayer in the field, which clearly helps in a 2m4f marathon! Ran some good races last season including over the Cesarewitch trip at Newmarket and will see this out no problem. Not off a bad mark, decent draw but will need a bit of luck in running as he doesn't do anything quickly. 

15 x £1 win doubles

20 x 25p win trebles

Bank £110

Bit unlucky not to get a double up - Nazeef won but Smart Champion couldn't quite reach the leader having been a long way back, would have been in front in another 50 yards.

Bank £90

1.15 Ascot - Sir Busker @ 12/1 Bet365

Progressive type who won last time out at Kempton - although he's done most of his racing over shorter trips, has seen the mile out strongly and the key to this horse is having a strong pace to chase. Ought to get that today and still seems to be improving so this race looks ideal for him.

1.50 Ascot - Kenzai Warrior @ 11/1 Bet365

Again I'm happy to take form in the book over potential and I think this one has a decent chance today. Form of his maiden win over Max Vega reads well, won a 7f race despite being short of room and it being shorter than his ideal trip on his second start and then you can put a line through his run in the Guineas. Fly leapt and stumbled at the start but did make some headway into midfield - well beaten ultimately but he wouldn't have wanted to be that far back at all as he doesn't do anything that quickly so I think the step up in trip today can suit and potentially a more positive ride too with a better start.

2.25 Ascot - Bright Melody @ 11/2 Bet365

Plenty of potential having had just 2 starts so far - was slowly away and green on debut but was strong at the finish and well on top to get off to a winning start. The 3rd that day is now rated 88 so I don't think 98 is restrictive for this one, especially up in trip from its pleasing reappearance run when a staying-on 3rd at Kempton over 1m2f, when Pyledriver was 2nd. More to come and conditions should be absolutely fine. 

3.35 Ascot - Indeed 22/1 Bet365

Obviously a bit of a minefield here but Indeed is an interesting runner who I think will relish conditions here - a true test over a mile will be spot on and I think he can hold a handy sit and keep rolling, so long as he's on the right part of the track. Trainer form is a bit of a concern with only 3 runners since the restart and all have been well beaten but this one looks off a competitive, if not easy mark and some good form in the book in group and listed races. 

4.10 Ascot - Mighty Gurkha 7/1 Bet365

Tricky race given the lack of evidence on show but despite it being a poor race he won at Lingfield, it's hard not to be taken by the performance of Mighty Gurkha. Showed an excellent turn of foot to quickly but 6 or 7 lengths between him and his field over 6f there, plenty of pace for 5f and getting further is no bad thing in a race like this. Exciting prospect and if he was with a more fashionable trainer would be considerably shorter.

4.40 Ascot - Ranch Hand 4/1 Bet365

I think this one has a monster chance today. Flopped when sent off favourite for the Cesarewitch last season but was keen and sometimes just because you stay 1m6f, it doesn't mean you get 2m2f or he could have just had a bad day at the office. However, look at his form before hand and he looks to have a huge chance today with conditions to suit. His run in Group company makes this mark look fair and he won a handicap by 2l two starts back from a horse who has since gone up 18lbs in the handicap - Ranch Hand is just 5lbs higher today and I think is well in today. 

15x£1 doubles

20x£0.25 trebles

Bank = £70

23 hours ago, Bathtime For Rupert said:

Bit unlucky not to get a double up - Nazeef won but Smart Champion couldn't quite reach the leader having been a long way back, would have been in front in another 50 yards.

Bank £90

1.15 Ascot - Sir Busker @ 12/1 Bet365

Progressive type who won last time out at Kempton - although he's done most of his racing over shorter trips, has seen the mile out strongly and the key to this horse is having a strong pace to chase. Ought to get that today and still seems to be improving so this race looks ideal for him.

1.50 Ascot - Kenzai Warrior @ 11/1 Bet365

Again I'm happy to take form in the book over potential and I think this one has a decent chance today. Form of his maiden win over Max Vega reads well, won a 7f race despite being short of room and it being shorter than his ideal trip on his second start and then you can put a line through his run in the Guineas. Fly leapt and stumbled at the start but did make some headway into midfield - well beaten ultimately but he wouldn't have wanted to be that far back at all as he doesn't do anything that quickly so I think the step up in trip today can suit and potentially a more positive ride too with a better start.

2.25 Ascot - Bright Melody @ 11/2 Bet365

Plenty of potential having had just 2 starts so far - was slowly away and green on debut but was strong at the finish and well on top to get off to a winning start. The 3rd that day is now rated 88 so I don't think 98 is restrictive for this one, especially up in trip from its pleasing reappearance run when a staying-on 3rd at Kempton over 1m2f, when Pyledriver was 2nd. More to come and conditions should be absolutely fine. 

3.35 Ascot - Indeed 22/1 Bet365

Obviously a bit of a minefield here but Indeed is an interesting runner who I think will relish conditions here - a true test over a mile will be spot on and I think he can hold a handy sit and keep rolling, so long as he's on the right part of the track. Trainer form is a bit of a concern with only 3 runners since the restart and all have been well beaten but this one looks off a competitive, if not easy mark and some good form in the book in group and listed races. 

4.10 Ascot - Mighty Gurkha 7/1 Bet365

Tricky race given the lack of evidence on show but despite it being a poor race he won at Lingfield, it's hard not to be taken by the performance of Mighty Gurkha. Showed an excellent turn of foot to quickly but 6 or 7 lengths between him and his field over 6f there, plenty of pace for 5f and getting further is no bad thing in a race like this. Exciting prospect and if he was with a more fashionable trainer would be considerably shorter.

4.40 Ascot - Ranch Hand 4/1 Bet365

I think this one has a monster chance today. Flopped when sent off favourite for the Cesarewitch last season but was keen and sometimes just because you stay 1m6f, it doesn't mean you get 2m2f or he could have just had a bad day at the office. However, look at his form before hand and he looks to have a huge chance today with conditions to suit. His run in Group company makes this mark look fair and he won a handicap by 2l two starts back from a horse who has since gone up 18lbs in the handicap - Ranch Hand is just 5lbs higher today and I think is well in today. 

15x£1 doubles

20x£0.25 trebles

Bank = £70

Sadly couldn't get anything to supplement Sir Busker's win.

Bank = £70

1.15 Ascot - Highland Chief @ 14/1 Bet365

Interesting runner for an in-form yard. Have to forgive his most recent run when not going with much fluency and well beaten in a Group 2 but if ignoring that, his form bodes well for this. His run behind Pinatubo is top notch and managed to beat a good horse over 5f on debut which is some going considering this one's pedigree. Slight concern that he even ran over 5f to say he's now going up to 1m2f but on pedigree should be absolutely fine (dam was a middle distance type) and has really strong form in the book from his first two runs.

1.50 Ascot - Fox Tal @ 7/2 Bet365

Sir Dragonet is disappointing and have to take him on - Fox Tal is the obvious choice, consistent type, conditions fine, form in the book and goes well fresh. Not much more to say really.

2.25 Ascot - Monarch of Egypt @ 5/1 Bet365

Shame about the forecast weather as I'd be all over Molatham like a rash on better ground but it's going to be too soft for him I think, whereas Monarch of Egypt is more versatile and still has good form in the book. Even his average run behind Pinatubo at Newmarket reads fairly well here and ran well on his return in the Irish 2000 Guineas - drop back to 7f no problem and there looks to be a good amount of pace in the race today which will set it up perfectly for him.

3.00 Ascot - First Prophet @ 7/1 Bet365

Clearly a lot of noise about the O'Brien horse but I'll let him win at that price. They usually improve a lot on debut runs and the step up in trip helps but it didn't blow me away like he was a superstar in waiting but we'll see. Obviously a tough race to call with not a lot of form to go off but the second favourite won in a blanket finish really so whether that was a great race is up for debate, the third made all at Newmarket when there was a pace bias so another one worth taking on so I'm with First Prophet. Visually the best performance of this field when winning on debut, travelling powerfully, green when picking up but won decisively and hit the line well. Put some distance between the field and there were some decent types in that field on paper. 

4.10 Ascot - Enemy @ 17/2 Bet365

Can't split these two and with them drawn on opposite sides, I'm going to play both. Starcat's debut win at Kempton reads very well and suggests he's on a good mark here. Ran really well in the Guineas on just his second start, up with a strong pace for a long way and should set him up for this. Draw not ideal based on this week's results so far but worth chancing. Enemy's debut form also reads well when winning here over 7f, looks off a decent mark on that win and although disappointing on his return, that will have brought him on and the step up to a strongly run mile will be bob on. 

4.40 Ascot - Soffika 10/1 Bet365

African Dream is well in but another I'll let win that that price. Pedigree doesn't scream a mile on soft ground so simply based on that won't be backing in a big field at 15/8. Soffika looks interesting for Sir Michael Stoute - he doesn't have many first time out winners so this one's comfortable success at Pontefract was reason to sit up and take notice. Ran excellently in the Sweet Solara when staying on, splitting two rivals who've gone on to do well since and on that evidence, is on a good mark and the step up in trip suits. Have to hope the favourite flops but this one has a big chance for me. 

15x£1 doubles

20x£0.25 trebles

Bank = £50

On 6/18/2020 at 10:48 AM, Bathtime For Rupert said:

Sadly couldn't get anything to supplement Sir Busker's win.

Bank = £70

1.15 Ascot - Highland Chief @ 14/1 Bet365

Interesting runner for an in-form yard. Have to forgive his most recent run when not going with much fluency and well beaten in a Group 2 but if ignoring that, his form bodes well for this. His run behind Pinatubo is top notch and managed to beat a good horse over 5f on debut which is some going considering this one's pedigree. Slight concern that he even ran over 5f to say he's now going up to 1m2f but on pedigree should be absolutely fine (dam was a middle distance type) and has really strong form in the book from his first two runs.

1.50 Ascot - Fox Tal @ 7/2 Bet365

Sir Dragonet is disappointing and have to take him on - Fox Tal is the obvious choice, consistent type, conditions fine, form in the book and goes well fresh. Not much more to say really.

2.25 Ascot - Monarch of Egypt @ 5/1 Bet365

Shame about the forecast weather as I'd be all over Molatham like a rash on better ground but it's going to be too soft for him I think, whereas Monarch of Egypt is more versatile and still has good form in the book. Even his average run behind Pinatubo at Newmarket reads fairly well here and ran well on his return in the Irish 2000 Guineas - drop back to 7f no problem and there looks to be a good amount of pace in the race today which will set it up perfectly for him.

3.00 Ascot - First Prophet @ 7/1 Bet365

Clearly a lot of noise about the O'Brien horse but I'll let him win at that price. They usually improve a lot on debut runs and the step up in trip helps but it didn't blow me away like he was a superstar in waiting but we'll see. Obviously a tough race to call with not a lot of form to go off but the second favourite won in a blanket finish really so whether that was a great race is up for debate, the third made all at Newmarket when there was a pace bias so another one worth taking on so I'm with First Prophet. Visually the best performance of this field when winning on debut, travelling powerfully, green when picking up but won decisively and hit the line well. Put some distance between the field and there were some decent types in that field on paper. 

4.10 Ascot - Enemy @ 17/2 Bet365

Can't split these two and with them drawn on opposite sides, I'm going to play both. Starcat's debut win at Kempton reads very well and suggests he's on a good mark here. Ran really well in the Guineas on just his second start, up with a strong pace for a long way and should set him up for this. Draw not ideal based on this week's results so far but worth chancing. Enemy's debut form also reads well when winning here over 7f, looks off a decent mark on that win and although disappointing on his return, that will have brought him on and the step up to a strongly run mile will be bob on. 

4.40 Ascot - Soffika 10/1 Bet365

African Dream is well in but another I'll let win that that price. Pedigree doesn't scream a mile on soft ground so simply based on that won't be backing in a big field at 15/8. Soffika looks interesting for Sir Michael Stoute - he doesn't have many first time out winners so this one's comfortable success at Pontefract was reason to sit up and take notice. Ran excellently in the Sweet Solara when staying on, splitting two rivals who've gone on to do well since and on that evidence, is on a good mark and the step up in trip suits. Have to hope the favourite flops but this one has a big chance for me. 

15x£1 doubles

20x£0.25 trebles

Bank = £50

When your first one goes in at 20/1 and you can't get another home...

Bank = £50

1.15 Ascot - Dancin Inthestreet @ 8/1 Bet365

Another fav I'll let win at that price in a handicap in a big field. Looks smart but I don't think he's beaten any superstars in his wins so far so will take him on with one that I'm fairly confident will be winning off its mark before long.

Ran well over 7f on debut when 2nd, beating Angel Power into 3rd (that one now rated 85), backed that up with a win at Lingfield and a decent effort in a good race at Wolverhampton - beaten 3 3/4l into 5th but those that beat him are now rated 97, 87, 92 and 97 so it was a good race and this horse gets to run off 83 today - whilst out of the handicap, I still think he's capable having run a stormer on return when an unlucky loser, finding no sort of run. Stays 5f well so this stiff test will suit and looks progressive. 

1.50 Ascot - Setarhe @ 15/2 Bet365

Probably stupid to take on O'Brien with another horse with the right profile for this, after Battleground's win yesterday but if the ground remains quite easy, this filly by Zoffany out of a Green Desert mare might not want it too soft so will take her on.

Hard to weigh up a lot of form in this race but Setarhe represents the trainer who won this race last year and overcame a poor start to win pretty well in the end on debut at Newmarket. Showed a good turn of foot there and came from last to first at a time when it was difficult to make up ground at the track, so I think the performance can be upgraded. Should handle soft conditions being by Footstepsinthesand and should progress for that experience.

2.25 Ascot - The Lir Jet @ 5/1 Bet365

Tough race again as little to go off - the favourite has a huge chance on form clearly with that debut win reading well based on this week but again, I don't want to take short prices on horses who haven't run under these conditions yet as it has to prove it handles soft - Exceed and Excel horses often prefer a sounder surface so I'm going to take it on with The Lir Jet who won well on debut at Yarmouth, forging clear in the final furlong to see the trip out very well indeed. Michael Bell's horses usually come on for their debuts too so should be more to come and should handle conditions today - his sire actually won this race on soft a few years back so I'm hoping this one can follow in its hoofsteps today!

3.00 Ascot - Morando @ 7/1 Bet365

Taking on yet another favourite here - Elarqam shapes as if 1m4f could suit but still yet to try it and by Frankel out of a miler, it's not a given, especially on soft in a Group 2. Yet again I'd sooner chance a horse that will relish conditions and that's Morando. May not be the best in the race but when there are certain question marks over the first three in the betting, and more rain forecast before racing, this one will love soft ground, stays well, has excellent form in the book when getting his conditions and I can see his price collapsing if the rain materialises. 

3.35 Ascot - Mums Tipple @ 16/1 Bet365

Tricky race to call this one so chancing Mums Tipple at a big price. Obviously made a big impression at York last year, winning by 11l but failed to match that in two runs since. Far too early to write off though as was lame after the Middle Park and just isn't a miler in my opinion so I'm not too concerned about the Guineas. This track will suit better too and unlike some of these, I can't see an issue with the ground given its pedigree and action. 

4.10 Ascot - Berkshire Rocco @ 10/3 Bet365

I backed this one in the Derby trial when English King was too speedy for him but the pair were miles clear and this horse is one I think is certain to get the trip, which others still have to prove. Lots of stamina in his family, is an uncomplicated type with good form in the book. Sure to be there or thereabouts and I think he'll take the beating.

15x£1 doubles

20x£0.25 trebles

Bank = £30

e-w lucky 15 bet365

Morocco @ 7/1 - Churchill Downs 20:42
De Last Dance @ 10/1 - Evangeline Downs 00:44
Dionysus Chalice @ 20/1 - Charles Town 02:32
V For Violence @ 16/1 - Charles Town 03:32

lucky 15 bet365
Ellies Lil Man @ 11/4 - Charles Town 02:32
Samurai Queen @ 7/2 - Woodbine 20:37
Balon Rose @ 3/1 - Churchill Downs 22:18
My Point Exactly @ 3/1 - Gulfstream 19:37

22 hours ago, Bathtime For Rupert said:

When your first one goes in at 20/1 and you can't get another home...

Bank = £50

1.15 Ascot - Dancin Inthestreet @ 8/1 Bet365

Another fav I'll let win at that price in a handicap in a big field. Looks smart but I don't think he's beaten any superstars in his wins so far so will take him on with one that I'm fairly confident will be winning off its mark before long.

Ran well over 7f on debut when 2nd, beating Angel Power into 3rd (that one now rated 85), backed that up with a win at Lingfield and a decent effort in a good race at Wolverhampton - beaten 3 3/4l into 5th but those that beat him are now rated 97, 87, 92 and 97 so it was a good race and this horse gets to run off 83 today - whilst out of the handicap, I still think he's capable having run a stormer on return when an unlucky loser, finding no sort of run. Stays 5f well so this stiff test will suit and looks progressive. 

1.50 Ascot - Setarhe @ 15/2 Bet365

Probably stupid to take on O'Brien with another horse with the right profile for this, after Battleground's win yesterday but if the ground remains quite easy, this filly by Zoffany out of a Green Desert mare might not want it too soft so will take her on.

Hard to weigh up a lot of form in this race but Setarhe represents the trainer who won this race last year and overcame a poor start to win pretty well in the end on debut at Newmarket. Showed a good turn of foot there and came from last to first at a time when it was difficult to make up ground at the track, so I think the performance can be upgraded. Should handle soft conditions being by Footstepsinthesand and should progress for that experience.

2.25 Ascot - The Lir Jet @ 5/1 Bet365

Tough race again as little to go off - the favourite has a huge chance on form clearly with that debut win reading well based on this week but again, I don't want to take short prices on horses who haven't run under these conditions yet as it has to prove it handles soft - Exceed and Excel horses often prefer a sounder surface so I'm going to take it on with The Lir Jet who won well on debut at Yarmouth, forging clear in the final furlong to see the trip out very well indeed. Michael Bell's horses usually come on for their debuts too so should be more to come and should handle conditions today - his sire actually won this race on soft a few years back so I'm hoping this one can follow in its hoofsteps today!

3.00 Ascot - Morando @ 7/1 Bet365

Taking on yet another favourite here - Elarqam shapes as if 1m4f could suit but still yet to try it and by Frankel out of a miler, it's not a given, especially on soft in a Group 2. Yet again I'd sooner chance a horse that will relish conditions and that's Morando. May not be the best in the race but when there are certain question marks over the first three in the betting, and more rain forecast before racing, this one will love soft ground, stays well, has excellent form in the book when getting his conditions and I can see his price collapsing if the rain materialises. 

3.35 Ascot - Mums Tipple @ 16/1 Bet365

Tricky race to call this one so chancing Mums Tipple at a big price. Obviously made a big impression at York last year, winning by 11l but failed to match that in two runs since. Far too early to write off though as was lame after the Middle Park and just isn't a miler in my opinion so I'm not too concerned about the Guineas. This track will suit better too and unlike some of these, I can't see an issue with the ground given its pedigree and action. 

4.10 Ascot - Berkshire Rocco @ 10/3 Bet365

I backed this one in the Derby trial when English King was too speedy for him but the pair were miles clear and this horse is one I think is certain to get the trip, which others still have to prove. Lots of stamina in his family, is an uncomplicated type with good form in the book. Sure to be there or thereabouts and I think he'll take the beating.

15x£1 doubles

20x£0.25 trebles

Bank = £30

Unlucky again - the one I took out to make 6 horses was a 33/1 winner...

Bank = £30

12.40 Ascot - Nahaarr @ 13/2 Bet365

Well I thought the price would collapse on this one...odds were insane yesterday. This horse fits the profile of those I like in these big sprint handicaps - I love those coming back a furlong in such races as you have to get every inch of 6f to win these and this drop back in trip will really suit. Beaten at short prices the last twice but overraced over 7f on both occasions, and ran as if he'd improve for his reappearance run last time out. Still lightly raced and its form reads well here. Got off the mark in his career at Lingfield, beating Biometric (a 100 rated horse now) and then hacked up in two 7f handicaps. 6f is definitely his best trip though and I think he'll run a big race, for all the value in the price has gone somewhat.

1.50 Ascot - Dark Lion @ 10/1 Bet365

Decided to go for an e/w choice in this race and Dark Lion I see making a big improvement from his debut run. Was well fancied that day, sent off at 2/1 but was off the pace and then hated the track when trying to pick up, yet still managed to stay on for fourth when all the winners at Newmarket were doing it from the front. Was the only horse to make up ground despite him looking all at sea on the track. With that experience under his belt and a flatter track today I think he'll come on plenty and can make the frame at least.

2.25 Ascot - Alpine Star @ 7/2 Bet365

Was third to Love on debut and then got a form boost (albeit over 7f) when smashing yesterday's winner Santiago on her second start. Stayed on well to get up late in the day over 7f last time out with 1000 Guineas winner behind and the 3rd in the Irish Guineas too. Will love going up to a mile and any cut that remains in the ground will be no problem. There wouldn't be a lot between her and Quadrilateral on form but I think Alpine Star will be stronger at the finish, especially if Quadrilateral doesn't settle again 

3.00 Ascot - Threat @ 12/1 Bet365

I'm tempted to take on the Guineas form here and although Pinatubo could quite easily bounce back to win this but I'll chance Richard Hannon's charge who is a bit weak in the market but has the form to take a hand in this. Has run largely over 6f including when clear with Commonwealth Cup winner Golden Horde last year. Won over 7f despite the race not being run to suit at Doncaster before running well in the Middle Park on his most recent start, when difficult to make ground from the back. This is his first start over a mile which poses a question but sees his races out well and doesn't appear to be an issue on pedigree with sire, dam and damsire all milers as a minimum. Looks worth chancing at the price.

3.35 Ascot - Hello Youmzain @ 5/1 Bet365

Lightly raced, progressive type who I think will go well today. Won the Betfair Sprint Cup at Haydock last year, keeping on well from the front with the next three places all filled by those coming off the pace. The only horse that could lie up with Hello Youmzain finished 3l back and subsequently franked the form with good runs in two subsequent group ones. Was better than the result here last time out when doing the donkey work on heavy ground but still travelled best and looked the likely winner 2f out. Just backed out of it late on as it turned into a slog and the strong stayers came through - losing distance was exaggerated as he couldn't ride a finish towards the end of the race and with less emphasis on stamina today I think he'll put up a bold show.

4.10 Ascot - Silent Echo @ 18/1 Bet365

A hardy handicapper who has run well off similar marks in big field handicaps previously. Clearly in good heart having won on his seasonal return at Newmarket and hopefully will come on for the run too. Needs a strong test at this trip which he's sure to get today and certainly isn't handicapped out of this - was 5th of 28 off two pounds higher in the race a couple of years back and I think is overpriced today, possibly due to him not being with a fashionable trainer. 

15x£1 doubles

20x£0.25 trebles

Bank = £10

2 winners for few pennies profit yesterday

e-w lucky 15 betvictor    

Wedgewood @ 22/1 - Woodbine 19:07
Vaunt @ 14/1 - Laurel Park 19:40
Mind The Gap @ 14/1 - Woodbine 20:54
Tap It To Win @ 8/1 - Belmont Park 22:42

e-w lucky 15 bet365
Darrens Fortune @ 13/2 - Churchill Downs 18:28
Greater Cairo @ 13/2 - Churchill Downs 20:57
Spanish River @ 14/1 - Woodbine 20:20
Canmore @ 28/1 - Woodbine 22:30

e-w lucky 15 bet365
Zippy @ 14/1 - Gulfstream 22:24
South Sea @ 15/2 - Gulfstream 22:54
Summer To Remember @ 3/1 - Churchill Downs 20:25
Ritzy A P @ 25/1 - Churchill Downs 22:01

lucky 15 bet365
Decorated Invader @ 8/11 - Belmont Park 18:42
Highland Glory @ 3/1 - Belmont Park 20:01
Pure Sensation @ 5/2 - Belmont Park 21:53
Pink Lemonade @ 5/6 - Woodbine 18:33

🤞🤞🤞🤞

23 hours ago, Bathtime For Rupert said:

Unlucky again - the one I took out to make 6 horses was a 33/1 winner...

Bank = £30

12.40 Ascot - Nahaarr @ 13/2 Bet365

Well I thought the price would collapse on this one...odds were insane yesterday. This horse fits the profile of those I like in these big sprint handicaps - I love those coming back a furlong in such races as you have to get every inch of 6f to win these and this drop back in trip will really suit. Beaten at short prices the last twice but overraced over 7f on both occasions, and ran as if he'd improve for his reappearance run last time out. Still lightly raced and its form reads well here. Got off the mark in his career at Lingfield, beating Biometric (a 100 rated horse now) and then hacked up in two 7f handicaps. 6f is definitely his best trip though and I think he'll run a big race, for all the value in the price has gone somewhat.

1.50 Ascot - Dark Lion @ 10/1 Bet365

Decided to go for an e/w choice in this race and Dark Lion I see making a big improvement from his debut run. Was well fancied that day, sent off at 2/1 but was off the pace and then hated the track when trying to pick up, yet still managed to stay on for fourth when all the winners at Newmarket were doing it from the front. Was the only horse to make up ground despite him looking all at sea on the track. With that experience under his belt and a flatter track today I think he'll come on plenty and can make the frame at least.

2.25 Ascot - Alpine Star @ 7/2 Bet365

Was third to Love on debut and then got a form boost (albeit over 7f) when smashing yesterday's winner Santiago on her second start. Stayed on well to get up late in the day over 7f last time out with 1000 Guineas winner behind and the 3rd in the Irish Guineas too. Will love going up to a mile and any cut that remains in the ground will be no problem. There wouldn't be a lot between her and Quadrilateral on form but I think Alpine Star will be stronger at the finish, especially if Quadrilateral doesn't settle again 

3.00 Ascot - Threat @ 12/1 Bet365

I'm tempted to take on the Guineas form here and although Pinatubo could quite easily bounce back to win this but I'll chance Richard Hannon's charge who is a bit weak in the market but has the form to take a hand in this. Has run largely over 6f including when clear with Commonwealth Cup winner Golden Horde last year. Won over 7f despite the race not being run to suit at Doncaster before running well in the Middle Park on his most recent start, when difficult to make ground from the back. This is his first start over a mile which poses a question but sees his races out well and doesn't appear to be an issue on pedigree with sire, dam and damsire all milers as a minimum. Looks worth chancing at the price.

3.35 Ascot - Hello Youmzain @ 5/1 Bet365

Lightly raced, progressive type who I think will go well today. Won the Betfair Sprint Cup at Haydock last year, keeping on well from the front with the next three places all filled by those coming off the pace. The only horse that could lie up with Hello Youmzain finished 3l back and subsequently franked the form with good runs in two subsequent group ones. Was better than the result here last time out when doing the donkey work on heavy ground but still travelled best and looked the likely winner 2f out. Just backed out of it late on as it turned into a slog and the strong stayers came through - losing distance was exaggerated as he couldn't ride a finish towards the end of the race and with less emphasis on stamina today I think he'll put up a bold show.

4.10 Ascot - Silent Echo @ 18/1 Bet365

A hardy handicapper who has run well off similar marks in big field handicaps previously. Clearly in good heart having won on his seasonal return at Newmarket and hopefully will come on for the run too. Needs a strong test at this trip which he's sure to get today and certainly isn't handicapped out of this - was 5th of 28 off two pounds higher in the race a couple of years back and I think is overpriced today, possibly due to him not being with a fashionable trainer. 

15x£1 doubles

20x£0.25 trebles

Bank = £10

Alpine Star won @ 9/2 and Hello Youmzain 5/1 as above so £33 returned, bank of £43.

12.45 Redcar - Vintage Times @ 10/1 Bet365

Been a nibble for this one this morning and looks to hold a decent chance here. Ran pretty well on his reappearance run at Wolverhampton and Tim Easterby's runners often come on for a run after a break. Has dropped to a handy mark despite some consistent efforts last season and the form of his only win reads well with the runner up now rated in the 80s. This one runs off 73 today and conditions look ideal.

3.15 Redcar - Breanski @ 7/1 Bet365

Another one to run respectably first time up and these conditions are absolutely fine. Won't mind any more rain if it materialises too as needs a good test at this trip. Stays better than some of these who have to prove its stamina so if they go a good gallop, should come home well. Consistent type off a fair mark and should run well.

2x£8.50 win singles

1x£3 win double

Bank = £23