Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
*** July Competition Winners: Well done to Pete1971 (NAPS), Barnsley Chop (KO Cup), bluemal (Goodwood) & Rivrd (Poker) ***
CzechPunter

January 8 - January 14

I wont have any bets now but I'll give some thoughts on some of the matches in Sydney, Hobart and Auckland, challenger Bangkok and Aussie open qualies.

Adrian Mannarino to beat Fabio Fognini

Adrian have a 2-0 lead on hard outdoor without dropping a set to Fabio, he's good enough to take it again.

Feli Lopez to beat Alex de Minaur

Feli is a top 50 player and cruised past Diego Schwartzman so he should win this since I don't consider Alex to be at top50 level yet.

J-M Del potro to beat Karen Khachanov

J-M in 3, Karen have to many issues to deal with here. For example he won't get that many chances to break serve. J-M have played well in Auckland before as he won the tournament in 2009.

Donna Vekic to beat Heather Watson

Donna is a small underdog here and I can't chew on that. She should be the favourite to win.

Elise Mertens to beat Monica Niculescu (rematch from last seasons Hobart final which Elise won)

Elise have had a good start this season and looks set to continue that way.

Alison Riske to beat Mihaela Buzarnescu

Alison is the better player on this particular surface and Mihaela is not experienced enough to win a match like this.

Angelique Kerber to beat Dominica Cibulkova

Angelique will keep on rolling. If she plays as she's done previously she will win this.

Emil Ruusuvuori to beat Yusuke Takahashi

18 year old Emil is on the rise. Has won the junior masters title in China and after that continued to win his first ITF pro title. He was ranked no.4 as a junior. Yusuke was only ranked 32 as a junior. Small underdog currently but it doesn't matter since I think Emil will win.

Irina Bara to beat Sesil Karatantcheva

I rate this as a 60/40 match and Irina as clearly the better player right now.

17 hours ago, four-leaf said:

Bad betting by me lately. I think I'm going to give it a rest until next week unless something I feel I really have some good chance to win at comes up.

We all have our ups and downs and you did so well last week! Like CzechPunter said, chin up! :) win or lose, we are (well, most people here) are thankful for your previews, insights, predictions and effort. Thank you and good luck with your bets in the coming weeks. :cow

0/2 yesterday, meh. Not giving up on the pre-AO just yet, however. One pick only though.

Sara Errani to beat Yafan Wang at 1.93 with Marathonbet

I don't think that Errani is going to reach her former peak, but she's on a decent comeback trail and I think that she's still better than Wang, especially now that she's out to prove a point after that doping scandal. Wang is nothing special imo and I'd have Errani at about 1.53 here.

I have a small stake on a fourfold that goes like this...

Fabio Fognini to beat Daniil Medvedev at 1.80

Fabio can play really good when he wants to and he wants to play really good this week and when he does that he is the better player in this matchup.

Alex de Minaur to beat Benoit Paire at 1.90

Alex de Minaur continues to surprise until no one is surprised anymore. Anyway I got him totally wrong in his previous match. Feli Lopez had no answers at all. Alex beat Benoit last season in Sydney in 3 sets and now he is even more dangerous so I think Alex wins again. 

Juan-Martin Del Potro to beat (-1.5 sets) David Ferrer at 2.00

David has nothing to collect here except his bags and ticket to Melbourne. He's played well in Auckland before David winning it 4 times but that doesn't count when J-M is on the other side of the net and he's won Auckland once and should do it a second time.

Angelique Kerber to beat (in 3 sets) Camila Giorgi at 4.00

Angie should have a hard time in this match since Cam is playing so good right now and just blows everyone off the court and she can blow Angie away to for a set at least but Angie should be able to win this matchup for a third time since it's 2-0 head to head with Angie winning in 3 sets last time they played.

Total odds: 27.49 with Paddypower

Angelique Kerber to beat Ashleigh Barty at 1.70 with Marathonbet

I would have Kerber as a somewhat bigger favourite here, Barty is yet to impress me in this season. She also seems to be having some nerve problems in Australia, not like Stosur, but I think it's fair to say that she feels more pressure than confidence. Kerber, on the other hand, has done little wrong so far in 2018, and she looks very hungry once again after the disappointing 2017 season. I don't believe it's going to be super easy, but Kerber is a 1.53 type of favourite in my book.

Bonaventure - Jorovic +3,5 games

Couldn't post this one sooner cause I didn't have time...It's a rain delay at AO qualifiers so this match is postponed for tomorrow.Jorovic was very solid vs Rus and won as an underdog in a match where she created incredible 18 break points.On the other hand Bonaventure won 2 tie breaks vs Paterson and was really solid all around.To cut the long story short I expect a close match with quite a lot of break chances for both players and I believe promising Serbian should cover the given handicap.

Edited by ivanhoe

Berrettini - Kudla over 22,5

Berrettini has a good serve and is really solid in rallies.Kudla is really agile,moves well on the court and knows how to deal with these type of players. I watched Kudla a couple of times and was really pleased with what I had seen.He's one of those players who are a bit underestimated and rarely disappoint.Berrettini's motivation and Kudla's experience should result with an over in this match

Edited by ivanhoe