** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Naps Competition - Saturday 6th Jan

245 Chepstow

Shantou Bob 5/1 Coral

Too many ifs and buts on Saturday with the weather and double engagements etc... One horse that should run his race is Shantou Bob at Chepstow and is a decent enough price to get involved and a dam fine EW bet to nothing for those who like that kind of wager.
He won this race last year off 137 and now comes here on 145, young Tom takes 7lbs off and this year it looks a weaker contest to me, added to the fact he ran a good race at Cheltenham last time it all looks good for a solid performance.

Sandown 3.00 Houblon Des Obeaux @ 11/1 bet365 e/w thanks

Houblon Des Obeaux.....from Venetia Williams yard I know Venetia was one who like big runs from her horses on a Saturday in muddy condition and this horse was one that gave her and owners a great day out, The 11yo has won three hurdle races and six chases from 1m 7f to 3m on ground varying from good to heavy.

Venetia to me has planned this race out as she's only ran him twice this season and both races where at Sandown 3m in Veterans' Handicap Chase (Qualifier) (Leg 8 Of The Veterans' Chase Series) in November which he won to qualify for today and in December again here over 3m 5f she sent him out again , although 6th it was over the longer distance and finished 6th but I would think it was more to get some work in rather than at home in the gallops,

That was only his 2nd race after a long summer break and he's had the 28 days since that last race to recover and keep him ticking over, Those two races had Charlie Deutsch in saddle but yard bring in more experienced jockey Noel Fehily in which must be a positive sign too.