** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

L1, L2 & Scottish Predictions > Jan 6th

league1ratings.jpg

league2ratings.jpg

scotschampratings.jpg

It's a reduced fixture list this week due to the FA Cup 3rd Round and the SPL being on its winter break. Not sure why the Scottish Championship isn't also on a break. @allyhibs? Can you offer an insight? Anyway, here are the odds and ratings. Let's hear some early predictions ahead of these games.

Charlton vs Oldham

This game seems like an obvious pick for a first tip. Neither side is going through a very good run of results right now. However, Charlton enjoyed the double boost of re-signing Arsenal's Stephy Mavididi on loan until the end of the season and the departure of controversial chief executive Katrien Meire. I think for that reason, and home advantage, it is a game that's there for the taking for Charlton. The resignation of Oldham assistant manager Paul Jewell yesterday could be another blow to the club's preparations for this game.

Charlton to win @ 2.25 with Bet365

BTTS @ 1.70 with Ladbrokes

Accrington Stanley vs Chesterfield

One of my ex-team mates is an avid Chesterfield and it's a dark time to follow the Spireites. They are just hovering above the League Two relegation zone and struggled in games over the festive period. I fully expect these struggles to continue here. Accrington Stanley are positioned just 2 points outside the play-offs with a game in hand. Accrington's home record isn't the best but compared to Chesterfield's results on the road it looks a tall order for the visitors to take anything from this game.

Accrington Stanley to win @ 1.75 with Betfred

Accrington Stanley to score first @ 1.60 with Coral

Interested to hear what you guys that have regularly contributed to this section this season have in mind for predictions and bets?

@Papa Lazarou, @Unnamed, @Magic0024, @betcatalog, @golakeh1, @Neubs, @sajtion, @allthethings, @allyhibs, @willie82, @malabgd, @andrewcalo, @dogmeister, @bookiebasher, @kulikTS, and @JJG.

@StevieDay1983

It was just a few days ago I found out it was just the premiership that's on a 3 week break, thought it was all the divisions. I have no idea why. They seem to have shoehorned in as many games as possible into December to accommodate a break in January, not caring for the fans who actually go to the games in the run up to Christmas and the financial issues that entails. The game up here is run by idiots for the sole benefit of 2 clubs, the thinking behind this is probably because Celgers and Rantic have bigger squads, so they can cope better and therefore have an advantage over everyone else. I despair at the Scottish game sometimes.

Football Facts and Streaks regarding League 1 and Scottish Championship

Bury have lost their last 5 games in League 1.
Bury have failed to score in their last 6 games in League 1.
Southend have lost with at least a 2 goal margin in their last 3 away games in League 1.
Brechin have failed to win their last 19 games in Scottish Championship.
St. Mirren have won 82% of their last 11 home games in Scottish Championship.

You can find interesting 66 Football Betting Streaks for 06.01.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-streaks-06-01-2018

On ‎05‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 8:09 PM, allyhibs said:

Falkirk are a club who don't have their troubles to seek at the moment and after a couple of semi decent results got back to losing ways last time out at Dunfermline. This week sees them up against a decent Dundee Utd side and i'm surprised to see odds against for the away win. Dundee Utd at 2.15 looks tasty.

Not my finest moment :$