** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League Predictions > Jan 13th - 15th

eplratings.jpg

It might be a while until these fixtures with the FA Cup set to take centre stage this coming weekend but it's never too early to start the chat. Tottenham versus Everton and Liverpool versus Manchester City are the two stand-out matches. The form is starting to settle after Christmas so it's a great chance for us to start nailing down some winners. :ok

Newcastle vs Swansea

I'm going to get the tips chat started here by focusing on one of the top flight's out-of-form teams. The appointment of Carvalhal had appeared to instil a new lease of life in Swansea when they beat Watford. However, that win seems a long time ago now after a loss to Tottenham and the draw to Wolves in the FA Cup. I think winning home games will be key towards the Swans survival and any points they can snatch on the road will be a bonus. This is a tough one though. Newcastle had struggled against the Swans over recent years but have won the last two meetings. I expect that run of results to continue. Swansea still lack fire power in front of goal and that could hamper them until they make movements in the transfer window. Newcastle also haven't conceded a goal in over 240 minutes of Premier League football now. I expect a dour affair that Newcastle should just sneak a win in.

Newcastle to win @ 1.91 with Betfair

Newcastle to win to nil @ 2.88 with Paddy Power

Absolutely mental odds being offered on Leicester again. Doesn't make any sense.

Leicester have a week between games. Chelsea have barely two days - they play 7pm tonight, then 3pm Saturday?!?

There was only a goal in it in the reverse fixture in September.

Edited by andrewcalo

2 hours ago, andrewcalo said:

Absolutely mental odds being offered on Leicester again. Doesn't make any sense.

Leicester have a week between games. Chelsea have barely two days - they play 7pm tonight, then 3pm Saturday?!?

There was only a goal in it in the reverse fixture in September.

Yeah, I'm not convinced Chelsea will field a full strength team tonight though. Leicester are hit and miss at the moment. I wouldn't back them to beat anyone but, at the same time, I wouldn't back anybody to beat them either! I think Chelsea should win that one at home. It'll be tight but a 1-0 or 2-1 win should do it.

1 hour ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Yeah, I'm not convinced Chelsea will field a full strength team tonight though. Leicester are hit and miss at the moment. I wouldn't back them to beat anyone but, at the same time, I wouldn't back anybody to beat them either! I think Chelsea should win that one at home. It'll be tight but a 1-0 or 2-1 win should do it.

You support Cardiff what would you know about football? lol

3 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Mystic bloody Meg piping up again! Chill out Conte, it's only the EFL Cup, son! :lol

Tottenham vs Everton

The evening kick-off on BT Sport 1 this Saturday is a clash between Tottenham and Everton at Wembley. A couple of months back I would have been tipping the Toffees to spring a surprise but now I think the Allardyce honeymoon period has ended and Pochettino has got his side clicking again. I still think Spurs are a little short for my liking in terms of an outright win price but I think they are still the favourites. It'll be a tough game for both sides and it could only be decided by the odd goal.

Tottenham to win and BTTS @ 3.30 with Boylesports

Son Heung-Min to score anytime @ 2.50 with Bet365

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @andrewcalo, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @jamiedavies02, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, and @AndreBR, what do you guys think of this game and the others happening this weekend?

To be honest, I like some underdogs... will take a look later, anyone knows if official statements about missing players are already out? Is it possible that any of those clubs (Leicester, Everton, Burnley) will miss an important player?

So far: Leicester +1,5, Burnley +0,5, Everton +1,5... :unsure

44 minutes ago, Pep004 said:

To be honest, I like some underdogs... will take a look later, anyone knows if official statements about missing players are already out? Is it possible that any of those clubs (Leicester, Everton, Burnley) will miss an important player?

So far: Leicester +1,5, Burnley +0,5, Everton +1,5... :unsure

I think Wes Morgan is out for Leicester which is a blow. They are also sweating on the fitness of Fuchs and Vardy. Don't know when Puel is doing the presser, maybe tommorow.

Wood and Brady out for Burnley but Dyche thinks Tarkowski and Mee should return which is very important for their defence.

Very difficult weekend for pulling the trigger on bets as the fitness of so many players across the board is questionable. Makes everything murky and confusing. I have all 3 of your selections on my shortlist but I think it's gonna be a wait for the lineups weekend followed by headaches and smelling salts.

newcastle is probably worst team to bet your money on. they are not much better than swansea + swansea has got bony who has more talent as striker then any newcastle forward player that i know. 

chelsea has been really poor recently and leicester shouldn't bee 12/1. double chance is good bet on them and win or draw first half.

I like Leicester, Burnley AND Bournemouth all for wins. Crazy I know but my system says only a couple of draws AT MOST this week and I think it is most likely that Huddersfield West Ham will draw.

I don't fancy Swansea away to Newcastle. I just don't think we can win. Instinct more than anything. But I have been proven wrong when that happens before now.

Edited by andrewcalo

12 hours ago, teddybear3011 said:

I have faith in Leicester. Hope they won't dissapoint anyone on here. Keep your fingers crossed for them guys.

A lot of interest in Leicester. I'm not convinced. Chelsea are on a good run of form and before their last league win Leicester were in a rut. I can't see past a solid Chelsea win.

@Tiffy, I'm with you on the West Brom odds. I've gone for a 1-1 draw on Super Six but staying away from it for betting. Never bet on or against Pardew!

Tottenham v Everton FC

Tottenham: Harry Winks (16/0 m), Toby Alderweireld (10/0 d), Danny Rose (5/0 d)

Everton FC: Idrissa Gueye (20/1 m, probably in), Michael Keane (16/0 d), Leighton Baines (13/2 d), Maarten Stekelenburg (0/0 g), Seamus Coleman (0/0 d), Ramiro Funes Mori (0/0 d)

Huddersfield v West Ham

Huddersfield: Martin Cranie (3/0 d), Collin Quaner (14/0 f), Chris Löwe (18/0 d), Elias Kachunga (17/1 f), Jon Stankovič (0/0 d)

West Ham: Michail Antonio (15/1 m), Reece Oxford (0/0 d), Andy Carroll (12/2 f), Sam Byram (0/0 d)(all doubtful), Winston Reid (16/0 d), Diafra Sakho (14/2 f), Edimilson Fernandes (7/0 m), Jose Fonte (8/0 d)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

To me , the fixtures this week (apart from the Liverpool v Man City game), are a hand grenade.

Three big teams at ridiculously low odds. Chelsea, Tottenham and Man United. The biggest odds on offer (1.32) for the home win, are lousy. The implied probability (for the win) is around 75% for each of these games. Leicester are capable of surprising Chelsea, while Stoke and Everton will play an 11 man defense and hope for a break away or set piece goal. Not a place for the smart money ! 

The other games are a lottery, which is suggested by the price. Can you really pick a winner (with confidence) between Crystal Palace and Burnley, Huddersfield and West Ham, WBA and Brighton or Watford v Southampton. My feeling is NO. These teams are so inconsistent, and totally unpredictable. Is there any team closer to Watford in blowing games, and throwing wins away? 

Crystal Palace are even money to beat Burnley . Really ! What nonsense. Burnley have lost 2 away league games this season (Leicester and Man City). I would'nt touch Palace with a 10 ft pole here.

Just a week for leaving the cash in the wallet !

If I had to bet on something, I would take Southampton to beat Watford away for 2 main reasons.

1) Saints away record has been proo, but no team in the EPL has had a tougher away schedule last 5 games.

2) Watford are just a crazy team. They are liable to blow them selves up at any moment, have a guy sent off, or just collapse. No team in the EPL has squandered a lead more than them ...

Edited by neilovan

37 minutes ago, neilovan said:

To me , the fixtures this week (apart from the Liverpool v Man City game), are a hand grenade.

Three big teams at ridiculously low odds. Chelsea, Tottenham and Man United. The biggest odds on offer (1.32) for the home win, are lousy. The implied probability (for the win) is around 75% for each of these games. Leicester are capable of surprising Chelsea, while Stoke and Everton will play an 11 man defense and hope for a break away or set piece goal. Not a place for the smart money ! 

The other games are a lottery, which is suggested by the price. Can you really pick a winner (with confidence) between Crystal Palace and Burnley, Huddersfield and West Ham, WBA and Brighton or Watford v Southampton. My feeling is NO. These teams are so inconsistent, and totally unpredictable. Is there any team closer to Watford in blowing games, and throwing wins away? 

Crystal Palace are even money to beat Burnley . Really ! What nonsense. Burnley have lost 2 away league games this season (Leicester and Man City). I would'nt touch Palace with a 10 ft pole here.

Just a week for leaving the cash in the wallet !

If I had to bet on something, I would take Southampton to beat Watford away for 2 main reasons.

1) Saints away record has been proo, but no team in the EPL has had a tougher away schedule last 5 games.

2) Watford are just a crazy team. They are liable to blow them selves up at any moment, have a guy sent off, or just collapse. No team in the EPL has squandered a lead more than them ...

Good post here. Burnley look a safe bet. Southampton due a win and desperate too . but I will leave them alone.

If we haven't got a clue, neither do the bookies ... a real chance to hit high odds in an ACCA if you're lucky and shrewd...

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

There have been under 2.5 goals scored in Brighton's last 6 away games in Premier League.
Chelsea have won their last 7 home games in Premier League.
Burnley have drawn their last 3 away games in Premier League.
Brighton have failed to score in their last 5 away games in Premier League.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Leicester's last 7 games in Premier League.

You can find interesting 67 Football Betting Streaks for 13.01.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-streaks-13-01-2018

If I had to pick an underdog today that would be Swansea

Newcastle is 1 W and 5 L in its last 6 games at home.I think the home crowd pressure gets to them

The team seems to be suffering Watfortitis(playing better on the road than at home)

Swansea really has a chance with a win to get in the tick of things

Leaning towards Swansea @4.75

I see many games that could go either way. These are really hard to predict and the odds reflect that. But I think it's a good week for live betting. So I'm going to watch the games and shots statistics and then make bets on the sides that seem stronger. Odds on Swansea win look bit off but I will watch the first 20 minutes or so and then make a bet.

Edited by markus808

Watford v Southampton (Draw) @ 3.30

Watford are 10th in the table 7 places and 5 points ahead of Southampton going into the game. Neither side are in great form at the moment with Watford picking up just 3 points from their last 6 league games and Southampton 2. Southampton got a good 0-0 draw a Man Utd in their last away game and have not lost at Vicarage Road in their last 4 visits, recording 2 wins and 2 draws. I am going for another draw today in a low scoring game.

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Bournemouth's last 5 games in Premier League.
Liverpool have won their last 3 games in Premier League.
Man City are undefeated in their last 30 games in Premier League.
Liverpool are undefeated in their last 16 home games against Man City in all competitions.
Liverpool are undefeated in their last 13 home games in Premier League.

You can find interesting 60 Football Betting Streaks for 14.01.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-streaks-14-01-2018