** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Australian Open 2018

Simona Halep to win first set and lose the match at 8.00 with bet365

I think we'll see an energized Simona take to the courts today and go out with a lot of confidence and she might just be taking the first set but fatigue could finally take it's toll on her seeing Caro winning in the end. Three of their previous meetings have gone Caros way and 2 of them by 2-1.

Well, yeah, I think that it's an incredibly tricky match to bet on, because literally anything can happen due to the fitness and mental factors mentioned above. 6-2 6-2 to either player wouldn't surprise me - and I also wouldn't be shocked by a 6-4 4-6 10-8 type of a scoreline. I do think that Halep is the slightly better player right now and that the conditions are slightly better for her as well, but that's exactly what the odds are saying. I'll be hoping for her to win obviously, but I don't see any really juicy bets, what you guys are suggesting is worth a punt maybe though.

22 minutes ago, Torque said:

Over 3.5 sets looks the obvious choice to me. I can't see past Federer for the win but Cilic should be able to take a set - Maybe 3-1 Federer as well.

Well, I'm not sure, really. I'm thinking that either Federer takes this 3-0 or Cilic turns up in a great form and takes two sets or something. Everything depends on the Croat's serve I guess.

Btw, I'm a bit disgusted by the preferential treatment Federer received. Just close the roof for him if he wants that in an OUTDOORS tournament, right? - if I remember correctly, he also played just one day match, which is just incredible celebrity treatment and unfair to the others. Meanwhile, the women had to play in the heat yesterday, which led to Halep being hospitalized (!) for half a day. I get that Federer is the biggest name there is, but the rules should apply to everyone.

7 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Btw, I'm a bit disgusted by the preferential treatment Federer received. Just close the roof for him if he wants that in an OUTDOORS tournament, right? - if I remember correctly, he also played just one day match, which is just incredible celebrity treatment and unfair to the others. Meanwhile, the women had to play in the heat yesterday, which led to Halep being hospitalized (!) for half a day. I get that Federer is the biggest name there is, but the rules should apply to everyone.

I think the event organisers want to maximise revenue and Federer winning his 20th slam at AO will only enhance the event. For me what is really sad that none of the younger guys can raise the bar, men’s tennis peaked 2011-16 and the level has dropped big time. 

Regarding the Halep and Wozniacki final match= very breath taking. Was with Halep the whole time, but I guess in the end, the history took its course. Also, I think the weather conditions were suitable at all. The organizers had to do something about it. You could clearly see that Halep is struggling especially because of the heat. She is from Romania, and the weather over there it doesnt get as high as in WIbledon