** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League 2018

owenclass

• 1 month later...

5pts G.Anderson to beat P.Wright 11/10

A lovely price here as Gary looked so good against MVG last week but just came up against the best player in the world quite frankly. Gary has a 23-13 lead against Peter Wright and whilst Wright looks off the pace, Anderson looks solid even with his back issues. 

Back to the Prem league tonight :

Skybet boost - MVG, Wright & Van Barneveld to win 4/1 Skybet
Admittedly, I wouldn't like betting on Barney right now, but I feel like this is good value as he is playing Price, who isn't looking too great right now. MVG should sail through his match and Wright looked good when he added some speed to his game in the draw to Andersonn

• 2 weeks later...

2pts M.Suljovic, Anderson & MVG to win 5/1 Skybet boost
It just seems to me that even when Gurney gets into winning positions, he remembers he hasn't won a game in this years Premier League and starts making stupid errors. 4 draws in 6 matches tells a story. I think Mensur is a better player when he takes the lead and I feel Gurney will allow that here. Anderson please see below, and MVG will be too strong for Smith for me.

2pts G.Anderson Win/Most 180s/Highest Checkout 11/4 Skybet
I fancy Gary to win here. He needs the win or he faces the potential of relegation and Whitlocks form has deserted him as of late. I will take the skyboost on him getting the treble. It's also important to note we're in Scotland here. 

5pts Van Barneveld to beat P.Wright 7/5 Sportinglife
2pts RVB Win match/most 180s/highest checkout 5/1 Skybet

Peter Wright just doesn't look right at the moment. 7-1 thrashings back-to-back and not looking too great over the weekend either. I think Van Barneveld is looking alot better now and should have beaten Anderson last week. I think RVB just needs to stay consistent in this match to win it.

good week last week. Let's see what we have this week

3pts G.Anderson to Win/Most 180s/Highest Checkout 2/1 Skybet
Do fancy Anderson to win again this week. Looks to be warming up nicely at the right time now and should have little problems beating Mensur who is starting to look abit crap in all honesty.

2pts R.Cross to win, have over 3.5 180s and checkout 108.5+ 4/1 Skybet
Gurney seems to be playing well enough and scoring well enough in this premier league and just falls short with the doubles. He looked alot better last week, but I think Cross is playing so well at the moment that I fancy him here to win. I will take the performance bet on Skybet

2pts P.Wright to win/Most 180s/Highest Checkout 5/1 Skybet
I do think Wright is going to win this week. He looked very good at the weekend, getting to the final and giving MVG a run for his money so hopefully that form transfers to the premier league. I will take a big price on the treble.

2pts Skyboost treble - MVG / Smith and Anderson to win 3/1 Skybet