** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Winter AW System

Pirate53

Hi guys,

Have been using an AW system that I've come up with since 15th November. Today there are 3 qualifiers BUT they must not go off as fav.

They are:

Ling 12.10 Muhajjel

Ling 12.45 Captain Pugwash

Ling 14.55 Corazon Espinado

Bets are placed at BFSP as unable to tell if fav or not prior. More info to follow.

Edited by Pirate53

3 No Bets today. All started favourite.

The system follows the following logic: 26% of favs in AW H/caps win. Therefore 74% lose. We want to be in the 74%. Horses aged 2 and 3 only are considered - they should mostly be improvers. Handicaps and Nurseries only. Odds range 2/1 to 10/1. The jockey must be the same as the previous race contested. There are a few other filters, but I have to keep some secrets!!

Expect losing runs of 12 or so. System to be used Nov-March. November 27 Bets, 7 wins, +£97.54 (£5 stakes) 

Yesterdays result: Mach One No Bet (Fav) 2 losers in race. Carp Kid No Bet (15/8). Mister Freeze lost. Total -3pts,

Total Staked 5

Returns 0

Todays:

Southwell 12.35 Samovar, Bad Dog

Not if fav, shorter than 2/1 or greater than 10/1. BFSP can be higher than 11 provided ISP is not higher than 11.

3 hours ago, Pirate53 said:

Yesterdays result: Mach One No Bet (Fav) 2 losers in race. Carp Kid No Bet (15/8). Mister Freeze lost. Total -3pts,

Total Staked 5

Returns 0

Todays:

Southwell 12.35 Samovar, Bad Dog

Not if fav, shorter than 2/1 or greater than 10/1. BFSP can be higher than 11 provided ISP is not higher than 11.

samovar a tad unlucky there,only a morris drive beat it

Hi Birchy. Fair Question. Its not usually difficult as the prices generally are around 4/1 to 7/1. I open the Sporting Life live shows page,(tab is on the racecard) this gives me the SP up to race start (more use when its drifting and you're worried it'll go too high.)

Yesterdays was fairly short but never gonna challenge for favouritism so the only thing to watch was did it go below 3. It didn't so was a bet. It's a bit more faffing around than a set and forget system but not hard when you are used to it.

No selections today. No 3 yr old races at all and no 2yo Nurseries.

Yesterdays result: -1 pt.

Total Staked 8

Returns 0.

2 hours ago, Pirate53 said:

Hi Birchy. Fair Question. Its not usually difficult as the prices generally are around 4/1 to 7/1. I open the Sporting Life live shows page,(tab is on the racecard) this gives me the SP up to race start (more use when its drifting and you're worried it'll go too high.)

Yesterdays was fairly short but never gonna challenge for favouritism so the only thing to watch was did it go below 3. It didn't so was a bet. It's a bit more faffing around than a set and forget system but not hard when you are used to it.

No selections today. No 3 yr old races at all and no 2yo Nurseries.

Yesterdays result: -1 pt.

Total Staked 8

Returns 0.

You've got a long wait for the next nursery - late June or early July.

Todays Sels:

Kempton 20.45 Montague, Our Man In Havana

Not if fav, shorter than 2/1 or greater than 10/1. BFSP can be higher than 11 provided ISP is not higher than 11

Edited by Pirate53
12.05 Not a qualifier...missed a filter in my haste!

Yesterday -1pt Papa Stour No Bet Fav. Samovar No Bet (14/1)

Staked 12

Returns 0

Today: Ling 15.25 Swift Fox.

Not if fav, shorter than 2/1 or greater than 10/1. BFSP can be higher than 11 provided ISP is not higher than 11

Edited by Pirate53
Added todays

19 hours ago, Pirate53 said:

Yesterdays:

Another winner!

Total Staked 21

Returns 7.59

Todays:

Wolves 16.35 Snaffled

Another winner:clap, fancied it myself but only because it's one of my favourite words.

59 minutes ago, Saint R said:

Another winner:clap, fancied it myself but only because it's one of my favourite words.

Yes, unfortunately it doesn't count as it was fav and below 2/1. I did back it as had to go out and it was 3/1 then! Didn't expect it to steam like that.

Yesterday: 1 no bet, -1 pt

Total Staked 22

Returns 7.59

Todays:

Lingfield 13.10 Count Otto, City Gent, Montague

Newcastle 17.00 Elixsoft

Newcastle 18.30 Lord Of The Glen