** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Portugal Primeira Liga Predictions 2017/18

portugalodds1.jpg

portugalodds.jpg

The Portuguese Primeira Liga is back and it's a schedule that covers the whole week with a game every night from Sunday to Thursday plus the curtain raiser of the Super Cup on Saturday. Great stuff! This is the first season we have a whole section dedicated to the league so let's see what you've all got to say on it.

@Aposta Ganha, @Simeon Borisof, @clubgowi, @Teodore, @George 04, @pulsar12, @helderjma, @Filixlion, and @NoFear, you all got involved last season. Do you have any tips this opening week?

All the big boys are pretty low but i don't know. personally being new fresh season i think its too early to start handicapping Benfica and Porto. I mean looking at there fixtures and such low odds, you would think but hmm don't know just yet. They could turn up to match day 1 and only win 1-0 maybe, they may be little rusty but the odds say otherwise to be fair.

In regards to goals. same thing, little too hard to tell at this early stage.

i think Benfica will win the supercup comfortably. 2-3-0 maybe. so handicap for that would be nice. -1. depending on odds.

In regards to sporting? are they having a lot of issues off field? this may affect there performance so i am maybe thinking sporting clean sheet no at 1.83 - i think that may be a good bet. i can see Aves just getting 1 goal.

• StevieDay1983 changed the title to Portuguese Super Cup & Primeira Liga Predictions > Aug 5th - 10th

portugalratings.jpg

The next round of Primeira Liga odds and ratings are up. The league really starting to kick on now. Interest in this league was rife last season. What are you guys looking at this weekend?

@Aposta Ganha, @Simeon Borisof, @clubgowi, @Teodore, @George 04, @pulsar12, @helderjma, @Filixlion, and @NoFear.

I just hope Benfica can win today's match at home against Belenenses.

Fejsa is out, so I am wondering who will replace him. Filipe Augusto or André Almeida (with Buta as Right Defender).

GK: Paulo Lopes e Varela;

Def: Lisandro, Luisão, Eliseu, Jardel, André Almeida e Aurélio Buta;

Médios: Filipe Augusto, Salvio, Pizzi, Cervi, Willock, Chrien, Diogo Gonçalves e João Carvalho;

Avançados: Raúl, Jonas, Rafa e Seferovic

Sporting Lisbon have difficult game at Guimarães so it's a must win game for Benfica to gain advantage against rival.

2 hours ago, btugero said:

I just hope Benfica can win today's match at home against Belenenses.

Fejsa is out, so I am wondering who will replace him. Filipe Augusto or André Almeida (with Buta as Right Defender).

GK: Paulo Lopes e Varela;

Def: Lisandro, Luisão, Eliseu, Jardel, André Almeida e Aurélio Buta;

Médios: Filipe Augusto, Salvio, Pizzi, Cervi, Willock, Chrien, Diogo Gonçalves e João Carvalho;

Avançados: Raúl, Jonas, Rafa e Seferovic

Sporting Lisbon have difficult game at Guimarães so it's a must win game for Benfica to gain advantage against rival.

Isn't it too early in the season for ''must games''?

Not for portuguese league.

Benfica wants to win the 5th title in a row for the first time in history. There are 17 other teams that don't want that or, better said, most of them are paid (allegedly) to give 300% and prevent Benfica to get 3 points. Add this to corrupted (allegedly) referees and you have the one and only portuguese Liga Nos. Even with video referee for the first time, the referee always have the final word.

All games played at home are must win games, even more when direct opponents play against difficult teams.

If you want to laugh about some referee decisions in portuguese league, pm me and I'll send you a few youtube links.

portugalratings.jpg

It's been a compelling start to the Primeira Liga season in Portugal. Benfica, Sporting, Porto, and Rio Ave are the clubs with 100% records after three games. Braga have already dropped points against expectation. Boavista could not have wished for a worse start.

What are you guys looking to tip this weekend? The big game is Braga versus Porto. Will Braga see their title hopes take another early hit or will they upset the odds and end Porto's 100% start?

@Aposta Ganha, @Simeon Borisof, @btugero, @clubgowi, @Teodore, @George 04, @pulsar12, @helderjma, @Filixlion, and @NoFear.

Rio Ave vs Benfica

In the last 10 matches, at Rio Ave stadium, Benfica won 8 draw 1 lost 1. But Rio Ave is a tough team to beat at home.

Morale is high for both teams, 3 wins in 3 games played. But I think Benfica is playing better each game, they have a strong offense, some injured players are back, at least they are included in the team that travelled, like Zivkovic, Krovinovic and Samaris. Salvio is out, he got injured in last match. If Benfica plays, at least, as good as last match, strong pressure, fast attacks and few mistakes in defense, they will get the 3 points.

portugalratings.jpg

As expected, we are into the fifth week of action with Sporting, Porto, and Benfica occupying the top three spots in the league already. Good to see some consistency in a European league after the first few games. Makes a change from a number of others. However, Braga losing a couple of their first four matches is a little bit unexpected.

@Aposta Ganha, @Simeon Borisof, @btugero, @clubgowi, @Teodore, @George 04, @pulsar12, @helderjma, @Filixlion, and @NoFear, do you guys have any tips for this coming weekend?

portugalratings.jpg

Porto and Sporting CP maintain their 100% starts to the season. They are well-placed to continue that this week. Benfica are hot on their trail as the only other side without a loss this season. What do you guys think for these fixtures coming up this weekend?

@Aposta Ganha, @mij0sim, @Simeon Borisof, @btugero, @clubgowi, @Teodore, @George 04, @pulsar12, @helderjma, @Filixlion, and @NoFear?