** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

A-League Predictions 2017/18

aleagueodds.jpg

The first week of A-League action is still over a month away but there is no harm in getting some early discussion going ahead of the opening games. Here are the odds for the first set of games. No ELO ratings until a couple of games in so you'll have to make do with what you have here. Throw in your own research and knowledge of the league to give us some tips!

@vasilli07, @Haakaa, @Marc Kearney, and @lockscombi, do you guys have any pre-emptive thoughts on the action?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First round is always tough, maybe even the first few. In the A league i had a good run of overs and also both to score last season as its quite a predictable league to bet on overs as some games are crazy.

I may even still consider having a go at the first round. I think there may be goals in city v roar game. good opportunity for city to get on the board early with 3 pts.

Victory v Sydney could also smell goals. Both to score looks solid. Those two Sunday games look tough. Are Adelaide going to be up there this season?

I expect Victory, Sydney and City to be in top 4. Looking forward to the start of the A league. not long to go now :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

WSW -0.5

Tony Popovic leaving for Turkey last week is a major blow to the Wanderers but his assistant Hayden Foxe has been named caretaker. I doubt he will change much to their playing style as of now. I feel that they recruited well. Mark Bridge rejoining them and the Spanish striker Oriol Riera has looked sharp so far. Perth Glory managed to retain the Spanish maestro Diego Castro (my fav A-League player) and also brought in former Wanderers midfielder Andreu. Kenny Lowe is likely to retain his 'I will always try to score more than you' tactic as their defence doesn't seem to have improve much. Even though WSW lost their coach, I still fancy them to get a win in the opening game.

Edited by vasilli07

aleagueodds.jpg

It's the second round of action from the A-League this weekend. How did you find the opening weekend of action? Many surprises? Do you have a better idea of bets for this weekend?

@vasilli07, @Haakaa, @Marc Kearney, and @lockscombi, can you give us your always appreciated tips for this round?

Hey Boys I'm Back

Didn't take long but gambling is life... I had another great NRL season so thought ill give football another shot. I will be much more careful this time round however

Opening weeks are very treacherous so may be wise to just sit back and enjoy..

I think Cc @ 8 is way to generous early this season but will watch

I get the feeling that City will be hard to stop this year as well and @ 3 might be worth a punt

GL

I think City will fall short again. Title between Sydney, WSW and maybe Victory. Strugglers will Wellington Phoenix, CCM and Brisbane Roar.

Melbourne Victory 1x2

Even though City won their first game but it was against an old Brisbane Roar. I'm also not convinced by Warren Joyce credentials yet. Victory attack will be boosted by Troisi and Barbarouses, that should make them play better in the final third. This is a derby so anything could happen but I'm going to tip Victory to get the first bragging rights of the season.

The 'favs can't win' virus hit Down Under too last week. In Europe, teams like Chelsea Dortmund, Juventus, Man Utd and Liverpool all fail to win. Even when the favs win, they didn't clear the handicap. Ahem...looking at Real Madrid, Spurs and Sydney FC. :@

Perth Glory -0.75

I will go with Perth Glory this week. Diego Castro the master vs the younger former Perth Glory playmaker Daniel De Silva. The master should come out on top.

I also agree with lockscombi that WSW could upset Sydney FC. Their defence doesn't seem as tight as last season.

aleagueratings.jpg

It's another week of A-League action coming up this weekend. Always a popular thread that grows in popularity as the season progresses. Watched the thoroughly enjoyable Sydney Derby last weekend. That's exactly why we love A-League games. So many goals and so much drama.

@vasilli07, @Haakaa, @Frankthetank, @Marc Kearney, and @lockscombi, what tips do you guys have lined up for this weekend?

Wellington Phoenix -0.25

Phoenix can considered themselves abit unlucky that they didn't get anything out of their last two games. I thought they played well enough to get a least a point. Brisbane Roar as expected with their daddy army is struggling big time. The team looks old and always do not have the fitness to last the whole 90 mins. Their defence will be put to another stern test by pacy Roy Krishna.

Melbourne City level

This is the first time I'm backing City this season. Will they let me down? Adelaide started really well this season but fatigue and injuries have set in. This is their third game in a week and two of their most impressive players Johan Absalonsen and Ersan Gulum have been ruled out. City don't win often in South Australia but have a good chance to do so tomorrow.

Edited by vasilli07

CCM +0.5

Berisha is suspended for this game but this doesn't mean CCM will have it easy. Victory will be determined to get a win. CCM defence is always a suspect and have a lot wtf moments so even without Berisha, Victory can still score. I think CCM will do enough to get a draw at home.

Melbourne City +0.5

Both sides met as recently as September in the FFA Cup where Sydney came out as victors with a 3-1 scoreline. This time round, Melbourne City seems to be confident. Their defence has been really tight so far as they only conceded a goal and has kept three clean sheets in four games. Sydney is probably still the competition strongest side but I don't think they are as dominating as last season. With Melbourne resolute defence, I feel they should be able to get at least a point from the hands of Premiers Plate winner Sydney FC.

Perth Glory -0.5

The Reds squad will once again be depleted as six starters (Regan, Gulum, Lia, Diawara, Absalonsen and Elrich) are all ruled out. Perth Glory had a rough start but they played three of their first four games away. They are usually strong at Perth and I fancy their chances at getting three points against an injury plagued Adelaide United.

Brisbane Roar -0.5

Despite going down 3-0 last week, Brisbane Roar produced a stunning comeback against the Phoenix :@:@:@ to get a draw. Ben Khalfallah rolled back the years and produced one of the best performance in recent times. CCM will be disappointed that they didn't beat Victory thanks to them hitting the post twice. Even with that, I think CCM is still one of the weaker team in the competition. If Roar can build on last week performance, they should get their first win of the season.

WSW DNB

Things certainly won't be easier for Victory. No Barbarouses and Troisi because of international duty while Berisha is still suspended. Replacements like Mitch Austin and Jai Ingham are just not very good. WSW will only be without Josh Risdon. They have played ok in the last few games but failed to get maximum points. They will like their chances to get a rare win at Melbourne.

• StevieDay1983 changed the title to A-League Predictions > Nov 3rd - 6th