** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > Jan 1st

StevieDay1983

nationalleague.jpg

nationalleaguenorth2.jpg

nationalleaguesouth2.jpg

npl.jpg

ipd.jpg

slp.jpg

Here are the matches scheduled for New Year's Day where the odds are available so far from the non-league fixtures. Let us know your thoughts when you have some time to browse the prices. Let's try to start the New Year with a bang and some wins! :ok

A small loss to end 2017, but it has been a hugely successful calendar year and hopefully 2018 will be just as good. The weather looks better so hopefully that shouldn't be an issue and I have 8 bets in total.

AFC Fylde v Tranmere

Tranmere are really finding their feet now and are looming large as they continue their rise up the table. They are the best side in the division for me and finally everything is clicking and they are looking really impressive. They win their game in hand and they would be in 2nd place behind Macclesfield. They have now won 5 on the bounce in the league and have just one defeat in their last 10 league matches. Now their away form has been a bit in and out, but they only played one away league game in December and that was the impressive 3-1 win at Sutton. Prior to that they drew 2-2 against Macclesfield when the home side equalised in injury time. Having put 4 past Fylde on Boxing Day you would be hopeful they can get another 3 points. The home side got a good win on Saturday coming from a goal down against Maidenhead and they have lost just two home league games all season. Having said that prior to playing Ebbsfleet on December 23rd their last home league game was November 18th. Micky Mellon said Fylde made it hard for them on Boxing Day despite the scoreline and I am sure they will again, but I think they are value to keep the winning run going. Marathon have them at 6/4 to do so.

Dagenham & Redbridge v Leyton Orient

Sounds like Dagenham deserved a point against Ebbsfleet even if the equaliser did come late on. Even so I think what I wrote in that preview still holds true and I just can't get over the price on Orient here. They were really unfortunate to lose 1-0 to Bromley on Saturday having gone down to 10 men early on as they had numerous chances to at least get an equaliser. Justin Edinburgh has really improved them and as Boxing Day proved Orient look a play-off challenging side rather than a team near the relegation zone. After beating them 2-0 a week ago it makes little sense to have them at 7/2 (Marathon) to win this game. Granted playing over 80 minutes with over 10 men isn't ideal, but for me that is more than factored into the price.

Solihull Moors v Maidenhead

The home side have definitely improved since Mark Yates took over and it was a close game between these two sides which Maidenhead won 1-0. Solihull then got a cracking victory at Barrow on Saturday and on the back of that I think they can pick up another 3 points here. As mentioned above Maidenhead blew a 1-0 lead on Saturday to Fylde and as their record suggests they are a very in and out side. With home advantage I am surprised Moors are 41/20 to win this because I would probably just about make them favs.

Bromley v Ebbsfleet

This is the live game on Monday and it does seem a bit of an odd pick although I am hoping the away side edge it. Granted their away form hasn't been the best and they have picked up just 2 points in their last 5 away games, but again as mentioned above that is a bit misleading because the Fylde game was their only away league game last month and I think they are playing better than they were in November. Bromley still don't really convince me and they look a mid-table side. As mentioned above they had luck on their side against Orient in that win and I can't make them such strong favs to win this. Ebbsfleet look decent value at Bet 365s 21/10.

Alfreton v Stockport

Now Stockport have only won two away league games all season, but they have only lost one of their last five on their travels which was a 3-2 defeat a Brackley. Travelling to Alfreton is going to be a very different story as they have lost their last 5 home league games and conceded 13 times in those games. That Brackley defeat is Stockport's only loss in their last 7 league games whereas Alfreton have lost 7 of their last 8 league games which tells its own story. At 143/100  with Marathon Stockport look a nice price.

Bognor Regis v Havant & Waterlooville

These two teams drew 0-0 on Boxing Day, but as regular followers will know Havant's away form is way better than their home form. It reads won 8, drawn 2 and lost just 1. They are unbeaten in 10 league games now as well and I fancy them to win this. Bognor have drawn their last 3 games, but they have only won once in their last 10 and they haven't won in their last 9 home matches. The vast majority of bookies are either odds on or evens about an away win which makes Marathon's 117/100 a real stand out bet.

Eastbourne v Whitehawk

I have to back Whitehawk again as I did on Boxing Day as they were all over Eastbourne, but just couldn't score and they were defeated 1-0 and the Eastbourne goal was a penalty. I am clearly not the only person who thinks Whitehawk might get their first win of the season as they have been backed, but they are still value for me at Marathon's 73/20 as there is nowhere near the gap in class between these two sides as the betting suggests, in fact I would have them pretty much the same price.

Merstham v Worthing

You never really know what you are going to get from the home side as prior to losing their last two games, they were unbeaten in 4, but prior to that they had lost 4. Losing 3-1 to Tooting on Saturday was a poor effort and I just have to back Worthing again. I know they only drew against Lowestoft, but they played well again and the fact remains they are making themselves very hard to beat at the moment. No way should they be 31/10 (BetVictor) to win this and they have to be backed.

Tranmere 1.5pts @ 6/4 with Marathon

Leyton Orient 1pt @ 7/2 with Marathon

Solihull Moors 1pt @ 41/20 with Marathon

Ebbsfleet 1pt @ 21/10 with Bet365

Stockport 2pts @143/100 with Marathon

Havant & Waterlooville 3pts @ 117/100 with Marathon

Whitehawk 1pt @ 73/20 with Marathon

Worthing 1pt @ 31/10 with BetVictor

Just a quick note to say that I am heading off to Australia on Sunday night for 3 weeks. I hope that I will still be able to put tips up and at the very least write some brief previews. It does also mean I won't find out what has happened to the above bets until I get off the plane in Sydney so lets hope its a nice surprise to help with the jet lag! 

15 minutes ago, Darran said:

Just a quick note to say that I am heading off to Australia on Sunday night for 3 weeks. I hope that I will still be able to put tips up and at the very least write some brief previews. It does also mean I won't find out what has happened to the above bets until I get off the plane in Sydney so lets hope its a nice surprise to help with the jet lag! 

Fantastic way to start 2018! My mate flew out a week ago to propose to his missus who is moving over here this year. I've updated the odds available now that the other divisions have become available.

4 hours ago, Darran said:

Have a great holiday and Happy New Year. Don't stress out with giving tips. You deserve a break too. Win or lose, I highly appreciate your efforts. Enjoy yourself and relax. Have lots of fun.x