** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > Dec 16th & 17th

StevieDay1983

fatrophyodds1.jpg

fatrophyodds2.jpg

nationalleagueregionalodds.jpg

nonleague1.jpg

nonleague2.jpg

A packed fixture schedule this weekend with the FA Trophy, National League North, National League South, Northern Premier League, Isthmian Premier Division, and Southern League Premier all in action. Interested to hear what bets you guys will be checking out this coming weekend. Hopefully, you're all gagging for some non-league action after the midweek postponements due to the snow. :ok

So a small loss last week as Bromley were stunned by a 25 yard equaliser against Eastleigh which obviously would have seen us with a very nice profit if they had seen the game out. This week I have 5 bets in the various leagues, plus a couple of ante-post FA Trophy tips as well as a recommended bet if you are already on my ante-post bet in that competition.

Bradford Park Avenue v Tamworth

The home side are having a very good season and a play-off place is certainly not beyond them if they can keep their form going during the 2nd half of the season. They have won their last 4 league games and at home on Salford have beaten them in their last 8 matches. Tamworth are struggling and have only won twice in their last 9 league matches. I would have BPA at odds on and they are with every bookie bar two and I would only recommend a single if you can take the 53/50 with Marathon about a home win. That is the right side of value for me, but I wouldn't want to go much shorter than that.

Rushall Olympic v Whitby

The home side have really improved since Liam McDonald took over as manager and they have won 4 of their last 6 home games. They should have plenty of confidence coming into this as they have also won their last 2 matches. Their opponents are in a horrible run of form having not won in 11 now. These two are on the same points total, but the stats show that the home side are the ones going in the right direction up the table and they are the better side at the moment. The 13/10 with BetVictor about a home win looks appealing.

Nantwich v Stalybridge Celtic

I am pretty happy with my ante-post bets in the Evo-Stik Premier this season on Warrington and Altrincham, who happen to play each other this weekend. The other team I put up was Stalybridge Celtic though and they have been really disappointing under Steve Burr. Their home form hasn't been that bad, but away from home they have been shocking having picked up just one point all season on the road. Nantwich are in good form at the moment having won 4 of their last 5 league games and I am happy to take 21/20 (Betfred/BetVictor/Marathon) on the home side improving that and giving Celtic another away defeat.

Enfield v Dorking Wanderers

I must admit I hadn't noticed Enfield's stats this season until they were put up as a bet by LondonHibs against Lowestoft the other week. My concern that day was Enfield's awful away form and they duly lost as they have done their two away games since a 5-1 defeat at Folkestone and a 2-0 defeat at Leiston. Their away record reads won one, drawn one and lost 8 which tells its own story. On their own patch however it is the complete opposite story. They have the only unbeaten home record in the division having won 5 and drawn 4 in their nine home league games. Their last home game saw them beat top of the table Dulwich who were unbeaten on the road prior to that defeat. Dorking have only won twice in their last eight and have just two away wins all season. The 123/100 with Marathon looks big on a home win to me.

Kings Lynn v Slough

The prices on this game make no sense whatsoever. In my view it has been priced up on the fact Kings Lynn are top and are currently 13 points clear of their rivals on Saturday. That doesn't really tell the whole story though as Slough have 6 games in hand so how are they 100/30 (Stan James/BetVictor) to win this. Both sides had poor results last Saturday, but I certainly think Kings Lynn's was much worse. They actually took the lead against Farnborough in the 1st minute, but then ended up losing 5-2. Slough lost 4-2 to Bishop's Stortford which was a surprise, but they created plenty of chances, had a man sent off in the 2nd off and ended up with 9 men after a player had to go off injured and they had used all their subs. I think Slough are a better side than the home team and that price is way bigger than I would make it.

Bradford Park Avenue 1pt @ 53/50 with Marathon

Rushall Olympic 2pts @ 13/10 with BetVictor

Nantwich 2pts @ 21/20 with Betfred/BetVictor/Marathon

Enfield 2.5pts @ 123/100 with Marathon

Slough 2pts @ 100/30 with Stan James/BetVictor

FA Trophy

So first of all this is mainly a bet for those of you who took my advice and backed Billericay at 100/1 for the FA Trophy. Not surprisingly they are much shorter now, but I think now is the time to cover the bet especially as I think they have a very tricky tie at the weekend. They host a Havant side who are just 2 points off the top of the National League South table and have only lost once away from home all season. Hopefully the home side can keep the 100/1 dream alive, but Havant are as big as 12/5 with Skybet so it makes sense to cover that and the draw which is 29/10 at Marathon.

I am going to add a couple of National League teams to Billericay to win the Trophy. Leyton Orient are the first of them as I think they are going to show a big improvement under Justin Edinburgh. They were really impressive when beating Sutton 4-1 last weekend and that proved that after a week of a training the new manager was able to change the way they performed. He should be able to steer them clear of the relegation zone, but the play-offs already look out of reach so the Trophy looks a great chance to bring a bit of cheer to a set of fans who have had it very tough in recent seasons. They have a very winnable game at Harringey on Saturday and I can't see Edinburgh resting many if any of his first team because he will want to build on Saturday's win and like I say going to Wembley has to be a big target for him. Betway have them at 25/1 and that is worth taking.

Boreham Wood have proven yet again they are a side who are very hard to beat this season having lost just 5 league games this season and they are currently in the play-offs. I can't see them staying there, but I can see them going a long way in this competition as again it looks a good one for them to target. They have a reasonably tough game at Dartford on Saturday, but I think there is quite a big gap between the National League and the National League South this season so I would be hopeful of them progressing through that tie. Marathon have them at 28/1.

Leyton Orient 0.75pts e/w @ 25/1 with Betway

Boreham Wood 0.5pts e/w @ 28/1 with Marathon

I'm with Darran re Enfield who are tough nuts to crack at the QE Stadium (and in my defence, the Leiston goalkeeper Marcus Garnham was MotM when they played them last week) - a word of caution, though. The pitch isn't in great condition and there's currently standing water in a couple of places. With temperatures dropping below freezing tonight it may need an inspection early tomorrow morning.

Tooting vs Thurrock is a match that appeals.

I saw T&M in their last home match and they were truly awful. In fact, in the dozen or so years I've been following the Ithsmian league, they were possibly the poorest side I've seen. The keeper is no better than Sunday League and the defence is all over the shop. They had 5 players leave/walk out and the Assistant Manager has also departed. They look like certs for the drop.

Thurrock are no world-beaters but they do play at a high tempo and with width. I saw them comfortably dismantle Lowestoft a few weeks ago and saw them lose 3-1 to Enfield the following Tuesday. They were the better side for the opening half hour and were worthy of the 1-1 - alas they lost their play maker, Joel Nouble to a hamstring injury and he hasn't featured since. I'm hoping that he returns tomorrow as he's a whippet down the left side and will cause T&M untold amounts of bother.

Betstars & VC have Thurrock at 29/20 which seems a decent price. I've also backed Thurrock in the HT/FT market at 31/10 as I can't make any sort of case for T&M and I expect them to ship a few.