** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League Predictions > Feb 13th - 21st

uclodds.jpg

The draw for the last 16 of the 2017/18 Champions League took place earlier and the odds for those games are now available. Some clubs will certainly be happier than others. Real Madrid versus PSG has to be the tie of the round. Obviously, a couple of these kick off dates could change. Let us know your early thoughts on them all anyway. :ok

@vasilli07, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @DrBetter, @Duuc, @DrO, @immortal--, @Notorious, @betcatalog, @KingSoccertips, @discipline, @Pep004, @HastGill1, @ElPrincipito007, @salmonman, @DW_United, @allthethings, @MightyWell, @liamcorrigan86, @mijOsim, @dorleywilliams, @soccerprediction123, @jamiedavies02, @TOTTI3, @LePapo, @seifer365, @MPLouis, @Jack A, @JJG, @Pipoca, @neilovan, @wcz, and @WinningAdvice.

• StevieDay1983 changed the title to Champions League Predictions > Feb 13th - 21st
  • 1 month later...

Juventus vs Tottenham

Undoubtedly, one of the most hotly-anticipated ties in the last 16 of the Champions League is this one between Juventus and Tottenham at the Juventus Stadium on Tuesday night. The home side are currently sat in 2nd place in Serie A just 1 point behind league leaders Napoli. The travelling team are only in 4th position in the Premier League and 20 points behind league leaders Manchester City.

Both of these sides are in fine form so this game could not come at a better time for both of them. Massimiliano Allegri's side made it 11 wins in a row on the weekend after beating Fiorentina. Incredibly, it is now 7 clean sheets in a row in all competitions as well. Mauricio Pochettino's team are enjoying an equally impressive run. Their win over Arsenal in the North London Derby was their 12th game without a loss.

This is a tough one to call. Two teams full of confidence. It is probably a harder challenge for Spurs but the Old Lady will not be relishing this game. I can see both teams cancelling each other out. Tottenham have shown themselves to be far more competent this season in this elite competition. Their performances against Real Madrid were astonishing. I still think Juventus will take a narrow win into the second leg but Tottenham are going to make them work for it.

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.69 with 188Bet

HT Score 0-0 @ 2.63 with Betfair

@vasilli07, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @DrBetter, @Duuc, @DrO, @immortal--, @Notorious, @betcatalog, @KingSoccertips, @discipline, @Pep004, @HastGill1, @ElPrincipito007, @salmonman, @DW_United, @allthethings, @MightyWell, @liamcorrigan86, @mijOsim, @dorleywilliams, @soccerprediction123, @jamiedavies02, @TOTTI3, @LePapo, @seifer365, @MPLouis, @Jack A, @JJG, @Pipoca, @neilovan, @wcz, @Xcout, @sajtion, @waynecoyne, @teddybear3011, and @WinningAdvice, what bets are you guys looking at for this week of games?

FC Basel v Manchester City

FC Basel: Zuffi (18/2 m, doubtful), Vailati (0/0 g), Campo (1/0 m)

Manchester City: Sane (22/7 m), David Silva (21/5 m), Delph (16/1 m) (all doubtful), Mendy (4/0 d), Gabriel Jesus (18/8 f)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Experienced teams both, Basel has little hope and I have no confidence in it, Manchester City is excellent, it can get an easy qualification, it scores with ease and can take the lead
FC BASEL vs MANCHESTER CITY @@ +2.50 Over, odds 1.58

There will be a tough fight, no team should feel superior, they will fight for the qualification, today I expect to be a closed match, but Juventus is based on her defense, while Tottenham will be reluctant
JUVENTUS TURIN vs TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR @@ +2.50 Under, odds 1.69

Football Facts and Streaks regarding UEFA Champions League

Tottenham have won 86% of their last 7 games in UEFA Champions League.
Juventus are undefeated in 95% of their last 21 games in UEFA Champions League.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 88% of Tottenham's last 8 games in UEFA Champions League.
There have been under 2.5 goals scored in Juventus's last 3 games in UEFA Champions League.
Tottenham have scored at least 2 goals in 86% of their last 7 games in UEFA Champions League.

You can find interesting 61 Football Betting Streaks for 13.02.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-streaks-13-02-2018-7701

The general consensus seems to be that the JUV V TOT match will be a low scoring tight affair. I can't see past that being the case either, and there are a couple of bets with Spreadex that have caught my eye.

im enjoying Spread betting. I've got nowhere for 2 seasons with fixed odds, and this is proving to be better for me.

Match Performance 88-93

Made up of the following

Goal=15, Corner =3, Yellow card =5,Red card =15, Penalty=10, 0-0 = -25

if it is a tight affair as we all expect, even with a goal or 2, then we could be in profit. Only a 4/5 goal thriller with a host of corners and cards could see us lose, and I just can't see that happen. So I am going for the sell here.

Bet - Sell match performance for 1pt at 88-93

Edited by Tiffy

All of Saint-Germain's six games were over three goals. It will be a tough fight, the qualification will be judged on the details, the two teams score with ease, maybe they have the best offensive lines all over the world, I expect open match with goals and phases on both sides
REAL MADRID vs PARIS SAINT GERMAIN @@ +2.50 Over, odds 1.57

Only one match in Porto ended with under three goals in the six games of the group. Liverpool had only one under 2.5 in the group and seven in eight over 2.5, along with both Hoffenheim matches at the Playoffs. Liverpool has a small lead, because the second match will be in England, the two teams have very good offensive lines and can offer us a phased game and many goals
FC PORTO vs LIVERPOOL FC @@ +2.50 Over, odds 1.84

Paris SG have scored in each of their last 18 matches.
Real Madrid conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 7 matches.
FC Porto have been undefeated in their last 21 matches.
Liverpool have scored 2 goals or more in each of their last 3 matches.
47% of Paris SG's conceded goals occurred after the 75th minute.
73% of Real Madrid's matches had over 2.5 goals scored in total.
Real Madrid have scored 64% of their goals in the first half.

You can find interesting 34 Football Betting Streaks for 14.02.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-streaks-14-02-2018-7735

Bloody hell! It was a 4 goal thriller, 10 corners, 2 penalties & 5 cards! As soon as the early goal went in I knew it was going to be a bad night.

luckily I was also banking on City to score before the 44th minute, so losses weren't as bad as could have been

Going to roll my sleeves up, dust myself off and go again.......

Once again I'll be opposing Liverpool tonight - since 2011/12 their away record in the Champions/ Europa League proper is 4-10-5 with the 4 victories coming against Maribor, Rubin Kazan, Udinese and Young Boys. Over the same period Portos home record is a solid 17-6-7, and granted it's not the strongest league in the world but domestically Porto are unbeaten this season and will be full of confidence.

Porto +0.25 @ 10/11 with Bet365

Also really like Real Madird at odds against at home to PSG. Yes they've been stumbling domestically this season but on my numbers their performances are better than the results suggest; for me there isn't much between themselves and Barcelona. They have a formidable home European record since 11/12 of 32-6-2. Last season when Barcelona hosted PSG Barce were 8/15, I know that takes into account the fact that PSG were sitting on a 4-goal lead from the first leg. The last time Real Madrid hosted PSG was in November 2015, they were 5/6. PSG on the other hand have an away European record of 14-5-11 which is more than respectable; but a closer look at those 14 away wins shows their only win away at a top European side was at Stamford Bridge when they beat Chelsea 2-1, they have picked up draws against Arsenal, Chelsea and Barcelona but generally speaking when they travel to a top side they get beat.

Real Madrid -0.25 @ 27/25 with Bet365

Porto vs Liverpool

This is one of the more interesting matches from the last 16 of the Champions League. Porto managed to navigate past a potentially tricky group that included Monaco, Besiktas, and RB Leipzig. Many thought that it would be Monaco and RB Leipzig progressing but Besiktas and Porto shocked the critics with their impressive displays. Liverpool made hard work of a group that consisted of Spartak Moscow, Sevilla, and Maribor.

One thing I really am expecting here is goals. Both teams know how to hit the onion bag. Porto have won 12 of their 14 competitive matches since the last European game they played. The Reds have experienced slightly more inconsistent domestic form but there have been far more positives than negatives.

Astonishingly, this is Liverpool's first last 16 game in this competition since the 2008/09 season. They also scored an English record 23 goals in their group stage so I'm backing the over 2.5 goals here as an absolute minimum. Calling a winner is a bit harder to do. Porto are always a stubborn side but if one team can break them down then it's Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool. I will also continue to back Salah as an anytime scorer. It's a bit riskier but he's done me proud so far this season on several occasions. This will be an open game that he could well thrive in.

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.91 with William Hill

Mohamed Salah Anytime Scorer @ 2.63 with Paddy Power

Shit i'm a bit afraid to go on overs today. Yesterday I was all about the overs since everyone was on under for spurs/juve match. I might as well join the public band wagon on this one since i can't see past Liverpool scoring at least twice and conceding once. PSG Real is a tricky match to call. Majority thinks it'll be overs and well given Real's recent performances I can't see them not conceding and also giving a goal. Will be interesting.

15 hours ago, iBetting said:

Champions League

Porto/Liverpool O 2.5 -127

Absolute gift. I was expecting over 3 ~ -170. Wish Porto had Danilo but I don't see how this game could possibly stay under 3. They are going to go down 1-0 early and scramble from there because they can't go to Anfield down big. I like this so much that I now think the books know something I don't. They can have my money if that's the case. I would have played this at over 3.5 so I have to take it at 2.5.

You're obviously pitching a service or something here despite plagiarising this analysis from here - 

I think both of today matches are worth watching, sadly both at the same time. I prefer to stay away from Real Madrid matches (being a fan and can be very intense encounters).

Therefore Porto vs Liverpool left, and despite sensations general feeling going towards an over 2.5 and then divided on the outcome, Porto being very reliable at home and Liverpool in a great form with impressive players like Firmino, Mohamed Salah, etc.  I agree with @jamiedavies02, and more than in Champions League away victories are not that common, still I sense this Liverpool side is to strong, and as @StevieDay1983 mentioned Liverpool made a great group stage.  

With the arguments divided, I am going to risk it for a repeat of the result of September 18, 2007 a draw.

Draw with 2 units @ 3.60 with BetCity

The following bet is a gift from the gods:

A double of Both teams to score and over 3.5 goals in both matches tonight pays 5.83/1 with sky bet. These match ups are positively dripping and oozing goals from every angle.

A more speculative punt of a double of Porto and Real to win and both teams to score pays a whopping 18/1 with bet365. The value certainly lies with Porto and if they win they will surely concede and likewise with Real.

Edited by cheekymonkey74

Result

Porto 0-5 Liverpool

-2 units

Up to halftime 2-0, even though Liverpool was clearly dominating, Porto was still generating scoring chances, still on seconf half they where lost when they leave many open spaces behind and the overall quality of liverpool players. It could have been easily a lot more goals for Liverpool.

Chelsea vs Barcelona

It's the second half of the Champions League last 16 matches coming up this week. Chelsea host Barcelona in one of the most hotly-anticipated games of this phase. Antonio Conte has managed to steady the ship that looked in danger of sinking after that humiliating 4-1 defeat away to Watford. Back-to-back clean sheets have kept the wolves from the door but the doubters will still argue the opposition has been lacking in the form of West Brom and Hull in those two fixtures.

Barcelona are 7 points clear at the top of La Liga but they just can't shake off the pressure from second placed Atletico Madrid who have reduced the gap from 11 points over the past three league games. However, Ernesto Valverde's side are yet to taste defeat in the league or Champions League this season.

Lionel Messi has failed to score in 8 previous encounters with Chelsea. The theory is that if you can stop Messi then you stand every chance of stopping Barcelona. Chelsea are unbeaten in their last 7 head-to-head meetings with the Spanish league leaders so they have every reason to be confident of getting something here. I just think there are still underlying problems at Chelsea. The past two wins have papered over the cracks and unless Conte can motivate his side more than he has managed yet this season then they will need a miracle to take the win here. I do think a draw is the likeliest outcome though.

BTTS @ 1.75 with Betfair

Draw @ 3.60 with Betfair

@vasilli07, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @DrBetter, @Duuc, @DrO, @immortal--, @Notorious, @betcatalog, @KingSoccertips, @discipline, @Pep004, @HastGill1, @ElPrincipito007, @salmonman, @DW_United, @allthethings, @MightyWell, @newjack, @cheekymonkey74@liamcorrigan86, @mijOsim, @dorleywilliams, @soccerprediction123, @jamiedavies02, @TOTTI3, @LePapo, @seifer365, @MPLouis, @Jack A, @JJG, @Pipoca, @neilovan, @wcz, @Xcout, @sajtion, @waynecoyne, @teddybear3011, and @WinningAdvice, what bets are catching your eye this week?

Bayern München v Besiktas JK

Bayern München: Manuel Neuer (3/0 first goalkeeper, captain)

Besiktas JK: Dusko Tošić (15/3 d, doubtful), Atınç Nukan (0/0 d), Gökhan Töre (0/0 m), Veli Kavlak (0/0 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

There's a couple of bets taking my fancy.

spreadex have set the time of the first Barca goal at 47-50. I'd be surprised if they didn't score in the first half here.

Also Bayern should win comfortably at home.  Their first goal is set at 30-33, and I'd be surprised if they didn't score early on in this game.

I may just go for a fixed odds, Bayern to win & O2.5

Dunno,, I'll have a think!

Bayern have won 86% of their last 7 games in UEFA Champions League.
Besiktas are undefeated in their last 6 games in UEFA Champions League.
There have been under 2.5 goals scored in Barcelona's last 3 games in UEFA Champions League.
Barcelona have kept a clean sheet in 86% of their last 7 games in UEFA Champions League.
Chelsea are undefeated in their last 8 games against Barcelona in all competitions.

You can find interesting 51 Football Betting Streaks for 20.02.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-streaks-20-02-2018-8163

Chelsea    vs    Barcelona
20.02.2018 21:45

One of the mouth-watering clashes of the round 16 sees Chelsea facing one of the toughest opponents - Barcelona,
bringing up mixed memories.Antonio Conte"s man are very iinconsistent term aly dipoint after winning the title last season.
The bad run of from domestically even raised uncertainity over the italian"s future. Series of transfer faliuers over the course og the transfer window, saw the Blues acquire the service of Olivier Giroud from city rivals Arsenal, but is the Frenchman really the answer to the question who will provide Chelsea the goals required to knock out Barcelona.

I think that Barcelona will winn the match!
Price 23/20  (2.15)

Edited by Valkovets

Bayern Munich    vs    Besiktas
20.02.2018 21:45

Today in Champions League Bayern Munich play with Besiktas. The visitors are team which play very strong agains strong teams and the price 
for over 4.00 cards is very low. Another thing which will helps is that the referee is: Ovidiu Hategan(5.16 yelow;0.15 red cards). We can try:

Over 4.00 cards             10/11     (1.90)
Card before 31 min.       5/6        (1.83)

Edited by Valkovets