** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > Dec 9th

Decided to have a closer look at this and done some quick analysis...

Up to the Tuesday Merstham game in 36 days they have used 24 players for 13 games!!

The following featuring;

Pennant 11

Julian 10

Urquhant 10

Konchesky (Left) 6

Inman 11

Swaine 7

Deering 12

Theo 13

Paine 10

Modeste 8

Walker 7

Waldren 9

Robinson 13

Cunningham 13

Kizzi 8

Watt 8

Evans 8

Bricknell 6

Wheeler 9

Chambers 7

Giddens 4

Foley 1

Olukanni 1 

Taking all that into account it looks like the majority of the 1st XI have played between 8-13 games in 36 days! That is a mental amount of football!!

I am now thinking of looking for who has a Staines -1 market!! 

Surprised to see Macc as short as evens with some for Saturday’s lunchtime TV game with Wrexham given their poor home form. Price shorter v Wrexham than most previous home games including Eastleigh and Boreham Wood, not sure what’s changed in recent weeks, especially at home?

Macc’s case not helped by most influential player, in a creative sense, Elliott Durrell picking up a fifth booking and serves one match ban.

Doesn’t look like many goals in the game, probably the best two defences in the division and both lacking a goal threat.

Some decent prices on handicap, low scoring games is the play.

0-0
Wrexham DNB
Wrexham +0.5
<1.5 goals
Wrexham & <2.5 goals all worth a tickle I think

Hope I’m wrong.

So on the back of Eastbourne on Saturday and Folkestone on Tuesday we move onto the weekend where I have 3 bets.

Eastleigh v Bromley

I think Richard Hill has lost the plot. He had already slagged off his players once this season and then he slagged off the fans, but this week he decided once again to lay into his players publicly. He basically said they weren't good enough and they were in a relegation scrap. Given the money some of the players must be on it is crazy they are doing so badly and I am not sure publicly slating the players is the best way to get an improved performance. I know I backed them against Halifax the other week, but that had as much to do with Halifax's poor form than anything else and they still managed to blow a 2 goal lead twice. I know they played top of the table Sutton last Saturday, but they were poor and should have lost by more than 2 goals to nil. That makes it 6 games without a win now. Bromley have been one of the surprise packages this season and are still under the radar really despite the fact they are in the play-off places. They have lost just twice in their last 10 league games and away from home they have won 4 out of their last 5 and the other was a draw at very much in form Boreham Wood. They should have beaten Dover last Saturday having been 2 up, but Dover equalised in injury time. I just don't understand how Bromley are as big as 9/4 (sportingbet) to win this. You have one team in the play-offs against one who are in a relegation battle. They look a cracking bet at the prices.

Braintree v Eastbourne

Eastbourne had been in poor form prior to playing Gloucester last week and although they did win, by all accounts they looked a poor side and if Gloucester had been able to put away their chances (same old story) then Eastbourne wouldn't have left with the 3 points. Braintree are having a little wobble having only picked up 1 point in their last 3 games, but they have played good in form teams and that certainly isn't the case on Saturday. Eastbourne have conceded 13 goals in their last 4 league games and as mentioned last week they need penalties to see off Royston in the FA Trophy. Long term followers will know I don't put odds on shots up all that often, but I do think Marathon's 89/100 offers plenty of value for it to be a bet.

Poole v Weston-Super-Mare

Weston will be disappointed to lose Dayle Grubb although it is surprising he hasn't been picked up before. The good news is he doesn't join Forest Green until January so he will be playing here. They lost the battle of the in form teams last week when losing 2-1 to Hampton, but prior to that they had lost just one in nine league games and won their last 4. They are unbeaten in 6 away league games although they drew the first 4 of those, but then have beaten East Thurrock and Braintree the later especially being a good win. I haven't written about Poole for a while, but they are still struggling and they have won just one league game in their last 7. Betfred, Marathon and Stan James all have the away win priced up at 8/5 and there is enough in that price to get involved.

Bromley 3pts @ 9/4 with Sportingbet

Braintree 4pts @ 89/100 with Marathon

Weston-Super-Mare 1pt @ 8/5 with Marathon

I would rather they had lost as they had looked like they were going to do when 2 down given I thought when the 4th went in they were going to win. Went onto Betfair to lay off the bet and it was already 4-4. Annoying but at least Braintree won although they made hard work of it as well. Certainly 2 exciting games to have had a bet in though.