** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

FIFA World Club Cup 2017

The 2017 edition of the FIFA Club World Cup kicks off in the UAE tomorrow;

cwc1.thumb.JPG.7c1fbdb2941882283668f3d680d80916.JPG

cwc2.thumb.JPG.ad34213c7e611570ffa2446cf3f6595d.JPG

Al Jazira v Auckland City

Current UAE Champions and tournament hosts Al Jazira are 10/11 to see off the OFC Champions Auckland CIty.

The UAE side may not be the champions of their confederation but the coefficient of the league still rates it as the 2nd best in Asia, there probably isn't much between Al Jazira and the newly crowned AFC Champions Urawa Red Diamonds.

Since the 2011 competition AFC sides have faced OFC sides on 4 occasions, the AFC side has won all 4. Not only have they won all four, the AFC side have gone off at around 4/9, 1/2, 1/5 and 2/9 for those matches.

Again since 2011 AFC sides have an overall record in the competition of 13-6-11 compared to the OFC's 1-3-5; in the 9 matches contested by an OFC side (all Auckland City) the biggest price their opponents have been is 4/6.

One thing to be aware of is that Auckland did record a victory in the UAE in 2009 before my research began

Recommended Bet

Al Jazira to win - 10/11 @ William Hill

16 hours ago, jamiedavies02 said:

Al Jazira through to face Urawa on Saturday after a 1-0 win, should have lost in fairness with Auckland dominating - will be looking to side with Urawa if odds against. Pachuca v Wydad prices look about right 

Marathonbets opening odds of 6/5 about Urawa look too big, should be odds on in my opinion, a veiw shared by some eastern European firms who have them around 10/11.

A bit more info on the prices for this match;

Urawa recently played Al Hilal in the AFC Champs League final, in those two matches only home advantage seperated the sides, infact I argued in the ACL thread that Urawa should have been favoured. Al Hilal actually played Al Jazira in this seasons ACL - they went off 5/6 in the UAE, now I'm of the opinion that Urawa are atleast as good as Al Hilal and should therefore be atleast the same price their Saudi rivals were if not a touch shorter.

Bet

Urawa Reds to beat Al Jazira - 6/5 @ Marathonbet