Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
Sign in to follow this  
StevieDay1983

Non-League Predictions > Dec 4th - 6th

nonleague1.jpg

nonleague2.jpg

The non-league schedule never rests and there are another batch of midweek games coming up across the divisions. There's even a cheeky FA Trophy game thrown in for good measure. Have a browse of the odds here and let us know your tips for these matches that are set to take place over the coming days. :ok

There's one match in the Ithsmian on Tuesday night that I've had a play on:

Leiston vs Enfield Town

I know both these sides well as the bulk of the Leiston side are made up of ex-Lowestoft lads and Enfield are my local club and I'm friendly with a couple of their owners (I'm sponsoring the weekend match up at Lowestoft when they host Enfield). Leiston are on a wretched run of form, winning just 1 out of their last 8 - a meagre 2-0 home victory against Tooting & Mitchum - Having seen T&M yesterday, they look destined to finish bottom. They are awful. Leiston have a threadbare squad and named 3 x 17 year olds on their bench yesterday in a 4-0 drubbing by Billericay. 40+ goal machine, Matt Blake is clearly missing the services of Niko Muir who is the top scorer in the division with Hendon.

Enfield are a quirky outfit. They've only won one match away from home all season (against the whipping boys at T&M) but they have put in some spirited performances on the road and were seconds away from eliminating Maidstone out of the FA Cup. They upset the form-book yesterday beating high-flying Dulwich 3-1 and have strengthened their squad last week. They put in a woeful performance down at Folkestone last week and the riot act was duly served and delivered with the correct result yesterday (the ETFC defence that night had a shocker).

I'm happy to oppose Leiston at the moment and I've backed Enfield at 31/10 with Marathon. That seems a tad overpriced and I think there's goals in the Enfield strike force against opposition that are clearly labouring.

2.5 pts Enfield at 31/10

Edited by LondonHibs

Dover v Folkestone

I don't think I have ever had a bet in a county cup game before, but there is a first time for everything and I think Folkestone are way over priced tonight to beat Dover. It isn't on Oddschecker but I have seen prices at Betway (13/2) and Bet365 (7/1) and I am sure others have it priced up because it will be an in play game tonight. I'd be surprised if Dover played any first teamers tonight given the league is obviously the priority and they won't want to risk any players with the busy Christmas period coming up. They have played one game in the competition already and drew 2-2 with Sittingbourne and then won on pens. Folkestone have needed pens to win both ties so far and they may rest players as well, but they lost on Saturday on the back of having won their previous 8 league games. I just wonder after that if that result may mean a stronger line up to try and bounce back quickly instead of having a night training tomorrow. It would seem a decent opportunity to beat their higher ranked local rivals.

Folkestone 1pt @ 7/1 with Bet365

1 hour ago, Darran said:

Well I laid of my stake at 1.34 so more than happy at that when I’m on at 7s. Was a complete accident I even came across the game on the Betway website this morning as well.

Genius

16 hours ago, Darran said:

Dover v Folkestone

I don't think I have ever had a bet in a county cup game before, but there is a first time for everything and I think Folkestone are way over priced tonight to beat Dover. It isn't on Oddschecker but I have seen prices at Betway (13/2) and Bet365 (7/1) and I am sure others have it priced up because it will be an in play game tonight. I'd be surprised if Dover played any first teamers tonight given the league is obviously the priority and they won't want to risk any players with the busy Christmas period coming up. They have played one game in the competition already and drew 2-2 with Sittingbourne and then won on pens. Folkestone have needed pens to win both ties so far and they may rest players as well, but they lost on Saturday on the back of having won their previous 8 league games. I just wonder after that if that result may mean a stronger line up to try and bounce back quickly instead of having a night training tomorrow. It would seem a decent opportunity to beat their higher ranked local rivals.

Folkestone 1pt @ 7/1 with Bet365

This was one of my favourite tips in a long long time! I got on at 11/2 - thank you! 

Only one game for me stands out tonight as the bookies, I can't see why, continue to let us stake on games involving Merthyr Town.
Tonight continues to bring problems to the club with the below article taken from their website. http://www.merthyrtownfc.co.uk/.../injuries-hit-martyrs.../
Home form doesn't, I believe, mean a thing tonight but it is all about what Banbury United will bring. They have played nine away games winning 6, losing 2 and drawing the once. Wins against 11th (1-3), 7th (0-3), 23rd (0-5), 1st (3-4), 24th (0-4) and 20th (0-2) are very encouraging.

Five of the six wins have been by a larger margin than one goal. Unfortunately, asian handicap markets only stretch to -0.5 leaving little value. The bet tonight, therefore, is one point on the European Handicap:
Banbury United -1 with Skybet at 3.10 but you can get 3.30 with PaddyPower.

Remember, if Merthyr win or draw its a loss. Its also a loss if Banbury win by just one goal. So we are looking for Banbury to win by at least a two goal margin
Good luck if you decide to play

Two non league games today involving the teams towards the bottom of their respective leagues. We will leave the Farnborough / Gosport game alone with the home team being so inconsistent and Gosport recently having their transfer embargo lifted have been recruiting and are showing improvement. Too many ifs buts and maybes.
That leaves Leatherhead v. Thurrock. Leatherhead's discipline,if they are not careful will let them down after another red card in their FA Cup defeat at Wycombe on Sunday. Thankfully suspensions do not kick in yet and play a side who have played 7 away and lost 7 away. However, they have scored in every one of their awaydays except one - at Lowestoft. They have also conceded in every first half except one - at Lowestoft and have been losing at half time in 5 of the 7. Leatherhead have scored in the first 45 in 5 of their 9 home games being ahead being ahead in three of them (14th, 24th & 10th),
Leatherhead are still around 5 games behind and have an opportunity tonight, should they win to be a more respected mid table position in readiness for the push to perhaps a play off spot. Leatherhead have won their last two home games without conceding (4-0 & 2-0) (10th & 16th) and should see off 19th placed Thurrock.
An attractive price of 2.63 can be had at 888Sport / Unibet for Leatherhead -1AH and that represents a definite value in my mind. One point staked.