** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Group G Predictions (England, Belgium, Tunisia, Panama)

England vs Belgium

One of the plum ties of the 2018 World Cup group stage comes from the Kaliningrad Stadium this Thursday evening in a 7pm BST kick-off when England play Belgium. The winner of this tie will take top spot in Group G. If it's a draw then England will seal that spot provided they keep their fair play in check.

England came into this tournament for the first World Cup in generations without any weight of expectation. It appears to have worked well for Gareth Southgate's side. The late 2-1 win against Tunisia probably flattered Tunisia because England really should have been 5-0 up at half-time. However, in the second group game against Panama they actually did lead 5-0 at half-time before winning 6-1. It's been a huge statement of intent by the Three Lions.

Belgium are being tipped to give this tournament a real go. It's the last chance for many of their "Golden Generation" to finally start living up to the hype. A 3-0 win over Panama was followed by a 5-2 win over Tunisia. It's been impressive stuff so far but with Roberto Martinez hinting that he'll rest players for this game is it a game Belgium are surrendering for the sake of team morale and a potential easier route to the final.

Analysis appears to suggest that finish second in this group would result in facing the likes of Mexico or Switzerland in the Quarter-Finals as opposed to Germany or Brazil which would potentially await the winners of this group. As Southgate has stated in public, you need to go into football aiming to win every game and let the football Gods handle the rest. It does make you question just how keen England and Belgium are to win this game.

Personally, I'd look to win it. Play your best team in every game. Resting players and not winning could impact on the momentum you've built up after two wins from your opening two games and defeating one of the big nations early on would be a huge psychological boost.

If you want to win the World Cup then you need to play the best teams at some point so whether it's the 2nd Round, Quarter-Finals, Semi-Final, or Final, just go out and try to win every game. This is why I can see both teams maybe playing it down but also going for the win. In this effort they'll both cancel each other out.

Draw @ 3.20 with BetVictor

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 2.07 with MarathonBet

Panama vs Tunisia

Do dead rubber games come more dead rubber than Panama versus Tunisia in Group G in a 7pm BST kick-off at the Mordovia Arena in Saransk? Both teams have lost their two games at the World Cup so far. This is all about pride. Panama need the win to finish above Tunisia due to their goal difference but both teams will want the victory to end the tournament on a positive note.

Panama are appearing in their first World Cup. I've mentioned before that I saw a very young and inexperienced Wales side play them off the park a few months ago. I wasn't impressed at all. So their score-lines so far haven't surprised me. I'm not entirely convinced they will see that improve here.

Tunisia conceded in injury time to surrender a point against England in a 2-1 loss. However, overall, England deserved it. Tunisia were needlessly over-physical and looked like a bunch of amateurs in the opening 25 minutes of that game. Their 5-2 defeat to Belgium was also flattering because Belgium certainly took their foot off the gas at 4-1 up heading into the second half.

To be honest, I couldn't care less about this game. From a punter's perspective Tunisia have to be backed. Panama are so far short of the expected standard of teams at this World Cup. I'm all for inclusive World Cup formats but to think we were denied seeing the likes of Netherlands, Italy, and the Chile for this tripe does ask questions. I was always against expanding the World Cup to 48 teams but now I totally get it. I'm just glad Panama brought decent fans along because otherwise I'd be asking why they even bothered turning up.

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.83 with Betfair

Tunisia to win @ 1.85 with Bet365

Football Facts and Streaks regarding FIFA World Cup

England are undefeated in their last 13 matches in FIFA World Cup.
Belgium are undefeated in their last 12 matches in FIFA World Cup.
Japan are undefeated in 91% of their last 11 matches in FIFA World Cup.
Belgium have won with at least a 3 goal margin in their last 3 matches in FIFA World Cup.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Poland's last 12 games in FIFA World Cup.
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Panama's last 5 games in FIFA World Cup.
Senegal have scored at least 2 goals in their last 6 matches in FIFA World Cup.

You can find interesting 36 Football Betting Streaks for 28.06.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-28-06-2018-10119

An important match for the two teams, who are even able to choose an opponent after the eighth group is held earlier and will know the results and rankings. Everything is open to the showdown, I will bet on both teams score, have excellent offensive lines and quality score at least once
ENGLAND vs BELGIUM @@ Both team to score, odds 1.85

I'm expecting FRA vs DEN all over again in England vs Belgium match.I expect to see no team effort on winning from either side. No intent on winning can still sometimes result in somebody winning, so a safer bet would be to go to yellow cards market. When people don't care about winning they don't don't care about tripping other players or acting unsportsmanlike either. 
I have gone for under 2.5 yellows @ 2.37 and under 3.5 yellows @1.59 with betsafe.  

Edited by markus808

Panama vs Tunisia

Both teams were already eliminated in this campaign.

Panama stabbed home a consolation to make history of scoring Panama's first ever World Cup goal, which was celebrated by fans wildly. Therefore, we can realize that this squad are in comfortable condition. They will show the fans a brilliant match in this game against Tunisia.

Tunisia have been unfortunate in this World Cup as they lost goalkeeper in the first game and defenders Dylan Bronn and Syam Ben Youssef in the 2nd match. After that, Tunisia suffered one defeat after another. However, facing the weakest team Panama this time, much stronger Tunisia are still hopeful to win.

Accordingly, 7M Sports believe that Tunisia are expected to win this game.

England vs Belgium

Both sides have won their first 2 group games, both with 8 goals scored and 2 ones conceded. So only the winners of this match will secure the top spot of the table. However, Belgium will make rotations in this match, so they seem to be lack of motivation.

The AH opening line is -0.25 for Belgium with odds at near short level, and the line has changed to -0.00 later on, with near short odds for England, which is slightly in favor of the Three Lions. Besides, Harry Kane attaches great importance to individual honors, so he will spare no efforts to score goals in this match.

For more information about the tips of this World Cup, please visit 7msport.com

With stronger motivation and great morale, 7M Sports believe England are expected to remain unbeaten in this match.

ENG V BEL

Safest option is to back Belgium underperforming here. SX go 32-36 on their performance rating, and I would feel confident in England getting a low scoring draw or win here.

Martinez may make changes, but even if not, with England's confidence at the moment, I can't see them losing heavily here. 

SELL BELGIUM PERFORMANCE @32 (SX)

Panama vs Tunisia

Tunisia look tempting at 10/11, Panama looked very poor in their first two games and Tunisia do know how to score. 

If Sassi is their regular penalty taker (scored pen against England) then he is a good price at 12/1 to score first as we have seen Panama love to concede penalties.