** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Group F Predictions (Germany, Mexico, Sweden, South Korea)

There's one player Germany could have really done with yesterday but I just can't remember his name... :lol

Nah, in all fairness, I'm not sure even Leroy Sane could have added anything to that game. Mexico clearly just wanted it more. I'm still confident Germany will win their two remaining group games but it puts a spanner in the works of the knockout rounds if they finish second in the group now! Could potentially look at a Brazil versus Germany 2nd Round match. Saying that, after last night's performance, Brazil aren't even guaranteed top spot.

South Korea vs Mexico

Group F enters its second round of group matches at 4pm BST on Saturday afternoon when South Korea play Mexico at the Rostov Arena in Rostov-on-Don. South Korea know a defeat will not end their tournament but it will put them with a very tough task to stay alive. Mexico are certain a win will put them on the brink of the last 16.

Coming into the tournament, I wasn't expecting much from South Korea. This is far from the best team their nation has sent to a World Cup. Merely avoiding finishing bottom of the group would have been seen as a success. Their performance against a solid Swedish side showed glimpses of promise but I still think unless Heung-Min Son has a stormer then they are short on quality performers.

Mexico shocked the world with their superb performance against Germany in their opening group match that resulted in a 1-0 win. It was Mexico's first win in 90 minutes against Germany. It also puts the Mexicans in a great position after one game. Personally, I think we saw enough in that first game to show us that Mexico have what it takes to reach the last 16 and win this game.

This could prove to be an exhilarating game. South Korea know they must take the initiative because a draw or defeat would mean they would likely need a win against Germany. Mexico will be happy to let South Korea come at them and pick them off. The pressure is firmly on the Asian nation here.

Juan Carlos Osorio will need to ensure his players don't under-estimate this South Korean side and he'll also be keen to ensure his players fully recover from their exploits against Germany. A hangover from that game is possible but I think they should win by a goal or two.

Mexico to win @ 1.73 with Betway

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.76 with Blacktype

Germany vs Sweden

Well, well, well, who foresaw this set of circumstances. Germany heading into their 7pm BST kick-off with Sweden this Saturday at the Fisht Olympic Stadium in Sochi with the potential scenario that a defeat could eliminate them from the World Cup after just two group games as reigning champions. It seems unthinkable right?

Germany suffered that poor 1-0 loss to Mexico in the opening game. The critics were quick to pounce on Joachim Low and his decision to leave out Leroy Sane. Personally, I'm not sure Sane would have made too much difference with those tactics but the sentiment is understandable. A win is mandatory here otherwise it'll be a very tough job to qualify for the next round. Especially if Mexico beat South Korea.

Sweden pulled off a workmanlike performance against South Korea to sneak the 1-0 win thanks to a penalty. Make no mistake that Sweden will be up against it here. Germany are dangerous enough but when you remember that they've only once failed to qualify from the first phase at a World Cup and that was in 1938... well, you start to feel they'll bounce back with a vengeance here.

It's clear Sweden are an awkward side. They are physical, tenacious, and hard-working. Unfortunately, you need a clinical edge if you're to beat Germany and that's something they are lacking. They will need to suffocate the space across the pitch to prevent Germany from picking them apart. Sadly, they don't have a game-changer such as Hirving Lozano or Javier Hernandez like Mexico. That is where they may come unstuck.

This could well be a very dull affair. Sweden will be looking to kill play across the pitch. A draw will do them and even though their head coach Janne Andersson will deny that's what they will set up to achieve I fully expect them to defend for their lives. I just think Germany will hit back after the Mexico defeat and Sweden don't have enough in their locker to stop them.

Sweden AH +1.25 @ 1.74 with 888Sport

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 2.00 with SunBets

Germany is burning for victory because otherwise it will not be in the hands of qualifying but will wait for the other results of the group. He is definitely better than Sweden and if he is smart he can win
GERMANY vs SWEDEN @@ GERMANY, odds 1.53

Mexico has shown very good racing data and has not been accidentally imposed on Germany, has the potential and is disciplined, can take advantage of its superiority and win the weak South Korea
REPUBLIC OF KOREA vs MEXICO @@ MEXICO, odds 1.75

Football Facts and Streaks regarding FIFA World Cup

Belgium have won their last 6 matches in FIFA World Cup.
Sweden have kept a clean sheet in 83% of their last 6 matches in FIFA World Cup.
Belgium are undefeated in their last 11 matches in FIFA World Cup.
Mexico are undefeated in 94% of their last 17 matches in FIFA World Cup.
South Korea have failed to score in their last 3 matches in FIFA World Cup.
Germany are undefeated in their last 6 matches against Sweden in all competitions.

You can find interesting 65 Football Betting Streaks for 23.06.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-23-06-2018-10045

Germany vs Sweden

AH market provided Germany a -1/1.5 line for this game, which is not deep for must win Germany.

After last defeat, Joachim Low will adjust their squad.

Germany can not afford any loss and they will play with huge power.

So 7M Sports believe that it's likely for Germany to win this game, and also win in AH.

For more information, please visit the 7M Sports site.

South Korea vs Mexico

South Korea have sent 3 strikers plus Lee Jae Sung and Koo Ja Cheol in the first game, aiming to beat Sweden, but they only got 5 shots without a single one on target.

Therefore, South Korea are still not as strong as world-class teams.

On the other hand, Mexico made a stunning victory over defending champions Germany in the 1st match with incredible performance. After that, they earned all kinds of support from companies. The line rose up from -0.5 goal to -1 goal now.

Accordingly, 7M Sports believe that Mexico are expected to win against South Korea.

For more information, please visit the 7M Sports site.

South Korea vs Mexico

The Mexicans have a lightweight team like the Koreans, but I think the Osório team's position is more aggressive, very different from what it was against the German national team. Koreans need the positive result, an hour will have to give way. Even if it is closed for a certain time, Mexico has the resources to wrap up this defense of South Korea that is not the best. I believe in at least two goals for the Mexican team in the match.

Mexico Over 1.5 @1.98  (NetBet) - unit: 1

Edited by AndreBR

• StevieDay1983 changed the title to Group F Predictions (Germany, Mexico, Sweden, South Korea)
On 6/24/2018 at 1:25 AM, the bastardian said:

LOl who is 7M? Bible? :)  Germany starter  out Ozil  Hummels  Khedira...

Now you have seen the result. :D Welcome to visit 7msport.com for more information about World Cup's tips.:cheers

Mexico vs Sweden

Football is a funny old game and it's amazing how much a single moment can change the complexion of things. The winning goal by Toni Kroos in the 95th minute for Germany versus Sweden in the last round of group games now means that Mexico have been denied an early spot in the last 16 and Sweden now come into this 3pm BST kick-off on Wednesday against Mexico at the Central Stadium in Yekaterinburg in 3rd place rather than 2nd place.

Mexico earned the plaudits in their opening game against Germany in a 1-0 win. A solid 2-1 victory over South Korea followed but even with 6 points and no goals conceded in their first two group games their place in the last 16 is not guaranteed. A defeat against Sweden here could open up a whole can of worms if Germany beat South Korea.

Sweden battled to a narrow 1-0 win over South Korea in their first game but then surrendered a 1-0 lead against Germany in their second game to lose 2-1. It means they had gone from a position of qualifying for the last 16 and eliminating Germany to now having their future in the tournament thrown into huge doubt.

Realistically, I think Germany will win by 2-3 goals against South Korea so I think Sweden need to win here by at least a couple of goals to be safe. The minefield of goal difference, goals scored, and fair play if all three teams end up on six points does not bear worth thinking about.

Can Sweden get that win though? Unfortunately, I don't think so. I can see Mexico getting at least the draw that they need to progress as group winners to set up a last 16 tie with the runners-up in Group E. That would also mean we could well see a Brazil versus Germany 2nd Round game. Insane!

Mexico Draw No Bet @ 1.70 with BetVictor

BTTS @ 1.95 with SportingBet

South Korea vs Germany

At every World Cup we always say the same. Write the Germans off at your peril. It has been the same here. Just when they looked down and out up pop the old reliable faces of Marco Reus and Toni Kroos to drag them back from the brink. Germany now need a win and a better margin of victory than Sweden in this 3pm BST kick-off against South Korea at the Kazan Arena in Kazan to guarantee qualification.

South Korea were my tips to really struggle in this group but they come into this final game still in with a shout of reaching the last 16. A win here and defeat for Sweden against Mexico would see Shin Tae-yong's men through to the second phase of the tournament. Two narrow defeats to Sweden and Mexico so far have shown glimpses of good football but they appear to lack a killer instinct.

Joachim Low's team will have all their focus on not only winning this game but potentially topping the group. In order for that to happen they need Sweden to beat Mexico but to then beat Sweden's margin of victory. Once again, the possible permutations are a nightmare but a win should see Germany qualify and potentially finish top of the group if results go their way.

Unfortunately, we've not see the best of Germany yet. Their performance against Mexico was dire and even though there was an improvement against Sweden they were still unconvincing. It feels like this Germany side is on borrowed time. If they come up against Brazil in the 2nd Round it could be a premature departure.

Still, one game at a time. They need to win this one to boost their chance of qualifying for the last 16. I think they will. I mean, come on, it's Germany. They always do the business when needed. I'm still not sold on them going further than the Quarter-Finals but they showed against Sweden that they are not short on fight and they will need that here. A vintage business-like display from the reigning world champions for me.

Germany -1 @ 1.62 with Coral

Germany to win to nil @ 1.95 with Betfred

Madness to think that a one goal win for Sweden and a two goal win for Germany will send Mexico home. Would be extremely harsh.

If I had to predict it I would be inclined to back the draw and you’d imagine it’ll be a low scoring affair. I think Mexico are rightly slight favourites due to their performances so far but if Sweden get their noses in front I’d fancy them to hang on. I just don’t see Mexico winning all three group games.

1 hour ago, Icongene said:

Madness to think that a one goal win for Sweden and a two goal win for Germany will send Mexico home. Would be extremely harsh.

If I had to predict it I would be inclined to back the draw and you’d imagine it’ll be a low scoring affair. I think Mexico are rightly slight favourites due to their performances so far but if Sweden get their noses in front I’d fancy them to hang on. I just don’t see Mexico winning all three group games.

Yeah, that would be a bitter pill to swallow, but you can see it happening too. I think the Under 2.5 looks a solid bet Mexico v Sweden.

8 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

South Korea vs Germany

At every World Cup we always say the same. Write the Germans off at your peril. It has been the same here. Just when they looked down and out up pop the old reliable faces of Marco Reus and Toni Kroos to drag them back from the brink. Germany now need a win and a better margin of victory than Sweden in this 3pm BST kick-off against South Korea at the Kazan Arena in Kazan to guarantee qualification.

South Korea were my tips to really struggle in this group but they come into this final game still in with a shout of reaching the last 16. A win here and defeat for Sweden against Mexico would see Shin Tae-yong's men through to the second phase of the tournament. Two narrow defeats to Sweden and Mexico so far have shown glimpses of good football but they appear to lack a killer instinct.

Joachim Low's team will have all their focus on not only winning this game but potentially topping the group. In order for that to happen they need Sweden to beat Mexico but to then beat Sweden's margin of victory. Once again, the possible permutations are a nightmare but a win should see Germany qualify and potentially finish top of the group if results go their way.

Unfortunately, we've not see the best of Germany yet. Their performance against Mexico was dire and even though there was an improvement against Sweden they were still unconvincing. It feels like this Germany side is on borrowed time. If they come up against Brazil in the 2nd Round it could be a premature departure.

Still, one game at a time. They need to win this one to boost their chance of qualifying for the last 16. I think they will. I mean, come on, it's Germany. They always do the business when needed. I'm still not sold on them going further than the Quarter-Finals but they showed against Sweden that they are not short on fight and they will need that here. A vintage business-like display from the reigning world champions for me.

Germany -1 @ 1.62 with Coral

Germany to win to nil @ 1.95 with Betfred

Yeah, hard to see anything other than a efficient German performance, but I just get the feeling the value is in Draw Half Time, Germany Full Time. 

Football Facts and Streaks regarding FIFA World Cup

Germany have won 92% of their last 12 matches in FIFA World Cup.
Costa Rica have lost their last 3 matches in FIFA World Cup.
Brazil have kept a clean sheet in 75% of their last 12 matches in FIFA World Cup.
Germany are undefeated in 97% of their last 30 matches in FIFA World Cup.
Brazil are undefeated in their last 19 matches in FIFA World Cup.
Sweden have kept a clean sheet in their last 4 matches against Mexico in all competitions.
Mexico are undefeated in 94% of their last 18 matches in FIFA World Cup.
Switzerland are undefeated in 94% of their last 16 matches in FIFA World Cup.

You can find interesting 34 Football Betting Streaks for 27.06.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-27-06-2018-10073

26 minutes ago, Sir Puntalot said:

Yeah, hard to see anything other than a efficient German performance, but I just get the feeling the value is in Draw Half Time, Germany Full Time. 

Agree but I think the way to go is in a scorecast. Either 1-0 or 2-0 to Germany. You can get 9.5 @10bet for the 1-0 and 7.5 @bet365 for the 2-0.

Seems like solid value in a game that I expect to be managed/controlled by the Germans to the conclusion that they want. 

Mexico vs Sweden
World Cup 2018
27 June 16:00 hrs (CET Time)

Mexico
The team is on the pole position to make a historic performance in group stages, as they have never won the three group matches, but also they have not secure qualification to next stage and are at risk of being sent home, all this due to the last-minute goal of Germany against Sweden that keeps alive the Germans, and if Germany beat South Korea together with Sweden victory against Mexico a triple draw at 6 points is possible and the goal average would come into play or other element to break the tie. There is no tomorrow for Mexico, this is it!

Mexico has shown great defensive work, good possession, and  quick transitions, where Carlos Vela, Hirving Lozano and Javier Hernandez have been key in the counterattacks and playmaking. Against Germany the team was able to produce offensive playmaking due to Germany natural attacking game style, and against Korea, Mexico showed they can dominate the actions and generate scoring chances.  But overall the defensive work has been the key in both matches. Coach Osorio admitted that the victory against Korea was bittersweet, as they have talked that when being on the lead, they had to pressure high and resolve attacks on the origin and not on the result, which is very telling, but the positive was the victory.

Hirving Lozano will be key in this match, his skills have attract the big clubs eyes and he has been able to keep a level head, but the experience Swedish will try despair him and pressure him to get his violent side afloat and that is the main risk here.

Mexico will play with the features that they have shown in the previous matches, solid defending, quick transitions, and ball control. The open spaces that Sweden might leave as the match proceeds, will be perfect for them.

Meanwhile the historic feat of winning all three matches is possible, the first objective is to get to next stage and the players are aware of that, they have shown mentally prepared for the best and have given everything on the pitch. In words of Mexico’s coach: “We must prepare for the next game as if it is the last and get as far in the World Cup as we can.” , which in short words tells everything, they will be all in.

Sweden
The team was seconds away from drawing with Germany and having to need only a draw from this match to get to the next stage. But the last-minute goal of Toni Kroos see them lost the match and arrive to this match needing to win or in case of a draw wait for Germany not to beat South Korea, which seems unlikely to most.

Sweden went all out against South Korea, who relay on counterattacks and solid defending to try to get something from their opener match. Sweden was able to score only via penalty, they had many scoring chances, but not clear ones, there where many South Korea defenders.

From that offensive focus the team laid back to counterattacking against Germany, and they had success with Toivonen scoring, from that point the Germany machinery took action and where able to draw the match with a goal from Reus, and continue pushing and in the end Germany got a last-minute goal that meant defeat for Sweden.

For this match, as they need the victory, as with the draw they might be eliminated, the team will have to go in the offensive and try to open a defense that has only allowed a long distance goal. The team will face on defense many one-on-one plays that could end up being deadly, therefore the midfield will be key and the team posses quality there, therefor and interesting match is expected, Sweden have to put everything from the get go.

Prediction

The need is with Sweden, which provides the perfect scenario for Mexico, which has shown good transitions and their offensive players have shown great quality on one-on-one situations, together with their good defense. Sweden will push offensively,  and against South Korea they show they can generate scoring plays, scoring is yet to see. As the match proceed as constant coming and going is possible, as time might run out for the Swedish.
Mexico has the advantage having six points and only needing a draw, the team will go  with everything to this match and I see it very level the match, the determining factor to choose Mexico is the need of Sweden against the  good defending, quick transitions and great attack of Mexico.

Mexico 0 AH with 8 units @ 1.77 at Interwetten

Edited by Xcout

South Korea vs Germany

World Cup 2018

South Korea
With two defeats, both by one goal difference the team should be heading home still they have still a slim chance of getting to the next stage, all they need is first beat Germany by 2 goals and wait for Mexico to beat Sweden. Both things look complicated for many viewers  as they expect Germany to win this match and Sweden to complicate things to the Mexicans, but all is left to play.

South Korea have shown a determined playing style, focused on defense and high speed counterattacking with special focus on Tottenham’s Son Heung-min, which was able to score a long distance goal against Mexico to shorten the distance, but the team run out of time to equalize the match.

The team will continue with that, as the team in more need is Germany, and they can take advantage of that with their speed to the open spaces.  The key here is that both matches, South Korea vs Germany and Mexico vs Sweden are played at the same time, and with the real-time communications of this era, how one match develops could influence greatly on the other match.   For example if Mexico gets ahead of Sweden, provide ease to Germany as the draw might be enough, or if Sweden is winning, pressure the German team to need more goals.

Anyway for South Korea what is left is to do their best in defending and expect their attack to perform to get an unlikely victory and if Mexico helps, proceed to the next stage, in what could be the upset of the century: South Korea and Mexico leaving Germany and Sweden out!

Germany
This World Cup has shown us an expected Germany, in the fact that they have offensive power in them and that they will push to the end. In both of their matches in the second halves have been Germany constantly generating scoring chances agains teams that laid back to focus on defense and try to counterattack them, as the rivals had taken the lead, and despite having some defensive scares the team has not concede when looking to equalize.

Against Mexico, the team was unable to score, but more due to the Mexican strong defense than lack of opportunities, against Sweden the team was able and continue pushing for the victory which came with a last-minute goal of Toni Kroos, which have the team with a good chance to proceed to next stage, it all goes by winning this match, the draw might be enough if Mexico beats Sweden, still their future is in their hands.

For this match, Germany will have to repeat the same dynamic of the previous matches, with changes in the lineup due to Boateng suspension, which is looking for the victory from the first minute and produce as much scoring opportunities as they can as one goal might no be enough, and maybe more than two would be required. The defense will be left to attend the possible quick counterattacks, and there individual skills might be the difference.

Prediction
The most probable thing is for Germany to be able to get the victory and the needed scoreline, but I sense that might not be so simple, Mexico have shown the way to play against Germany, and Sweden almost repeat the feat, now South Korea will repeat the script and taking a +2 Asian Handicap seems like it might posses a good value, mainly due to South Korea counterattacks, Son Heung-Min and their defensive with focus on tackles.

South Korea +2 AH with 2 units @ 2.10 at Interwetten

11 hours ago, Sir Puntalot said:

Yeah. I'm not confident in predicting how Germany will start this game. I don't think nerves will be an issue. I'm torn between whether they'll come out of the blocks firing or if they'll be jammy bastards and score late. I'll never bet against Germany but I've seen them too often leave things until late to get it done. 

On 06/06/2018 at 11:51 PM, sajtion said:

germany will flop this world cup. i am not even backing them to make it out of the group. they have the least talent bunch of players in decades. mexico, sweden and korea may all get points against them.

i was right germany initially. i guess they proved me right

10 hours ago, Xcout said:

Mexico vs Sweden
World Cup 2018

Mexico 0 AH with 8 units @ 1.77 at Interwetten

Result:

Mexico 0 - 3 Sweden

-8 units

Mexico and Sweden played as expected, and until '50 the score was level, but then Sweden was able to score, and inexplicably Mexico change tactics and it took them time to get a hold of the change, and two mistakes provoked the penalty and the own goal, Mexico finish with multiple scoring changes, but was unable to score, but was very close. 

9 hours ago, Xcout said:

South Korea vs Germany

World Cup 2018

South Korea +2 AH with 2 units @ 2.10 at Interwetten

Result:

South Korea 2 - 0 Germany

+ 2.2 units

South Korea defense performed excellent and Germany was unable to score in the full packed Korean defense, In the final minutes, with Germany in full attack, South Korea was able to score twice, proving a shocker result, +2 AH proved to be to much of a precaution.

Day Balance: -5.8 units