** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Group C Predictions (France, Australia, Peru, Denmark)

Australia vs Peru

On Tuesday we are faced with Group C where things could get a little interesting in the final games. Australia play Peru in a 3pm BST kick-off at the Fisht Olympic Stadium in Sochi knowing that they must win if they are to stand any chance of progressing to the last 16.

Bert Van Marwijk not only hopes his side can do the business in this last group game against Peru but that they can also then have France do them a favour. A draw or win for Denmark in that game will eradicate any hope Australia have of qualifying for the 2nd Round.

Peru are already confirmed to be eliminated but they have been excellent entertainment in this tournament. It's a shame they have not got the results because in terms of effort and attitude they have been second to none. What the opening two games have shown us is that they have a group of players that have the ability to cause even the best nations problems.

Even though it's Australia who are in the position of still having a chance to qualify I think Peru have a better side than the Socceroos. I've loved watching Peru's style of play and I think Australia have been carried a long way by their superior work rate. I don't think they'll manage that here. Ricardo Gareca's side are my favourites to win this game. Australia want the win to progress. Peru want the win to take something positive away from their first World Cup since 1982.

Peru to win @ 2.50 with Bet365

BTTS @ 1.87 with Betfair

Denmark vs France

This is the Group C game that many highlighted as the one to watch. I don't think I would be far off suggesting many punters thought this could be a dead rubber with both teams already qualifying by now. Still, it's not. When Denmark play France at 3pm BST on Tuesday afternoon at the Luzhniki Stadium in Moscow Age Hareide's team know they must get at least a draw to guarantee their place in the last 16.

It will be interesting to see how Denmark handle this game. They could lose and still progress if Australia lose or draw against Peru. However, if Australia win then Denmark need something from this game. I can only see Denmark sticking with what has got them four points from their opening two games so far. It is also an approach that sees them unbeaten in 17 games in all competitions.

France have flattered to deceive thus far. Didier Deschamps side have qualified already for the last 16 but they needed their fair share of luck to sneak narrow wins against Australia and Peru. The French will be keen to finish top of Group C with the runners-up likely to face an in-form Croatia in the 2nd Round. Yes, that could mean playing Argentina but it could also mean facing Nigeria or Iceland. All three, particularly a poor Argentina, are a far more attractive proposition than the thriving Croatia.

I'm struggling to pin point how this game will go. I think technically both sides would be happy with a draw so it could be quite a tentative game. Denmark know the draw would seal their spot in the last 16 and France know the draw would confirm top spot. I'm going to punt this game could be low-scoring and I'm not convinced we'll have a winner either. I'd also advise placing a cheeky anytime scorer bet on either Christian Eriksen or Antoine Griezmann.

BTTS @ 2.38 with Betfair

France to score first @ 1.85 with BetStars

Football Facts and Streaks regarding FIFA World Cup

France have won 86% of their last 7 matches against Denmark in all competitions.
Australia are undefeated in 90% of their last 20 matches in FIFA World Cup.
Denmark are undefeated in their last 11 matches in FIFA World Cup.
Croatia have kept a clean sheet in their last 3 matches in FIFA World Cup.
France are undefeated in their last 6 matches in FIFA World Cup.
Croatia are undefeated in their last 6 matches in FIFA World Cup.
France have won with a 1 goal margin in their last 4 matches in FIFA World Cup.
There have been under 2.5 goals scored in Peru's last 6 games in FIFA World Cup.

You can find interesting 56 Football Betting Streaks for 26.06.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-26-06-2018-10066

Surely the draw is convenient, but the draw or draw has fallen a lot and may not be worth it. From 2.80 there may be some value. Major goals have a few goals
DENMARK vs FRANCE @@ +2.50 Under, odds 1.52

Australia is forced to win if it wants to qualify for the qualification, so it has to fight more aggressively. Peru is a very good team and can take advantage of any empty spaces, I do not think it will lose today

I agree on Peru. I've taken them to win. 2.5 is a juicy price. The Aussies are a committed but very average outfit who fail to play through their best player Tom Rogic, the only guy in the squad capable of doing something sublime.

This World Cup is a huge deal for Peru and I'd have no reason to doubt their commitment here. They'll be backed by a big support and winning a match will still be a huge incentive for them.

They haven't played badly either, perhaps just a little naive and lacking in composure in the final 3rd.

Australia vs Peru
World Cup 2018
26 June 16:00 hrs (CET Time)

Peru arrived at this World Cup with great expectations, and indeed they have deliver great sensations despite the defeats, both have been 1-0, matches where they have shown good defending as against Europeans France and Denmark the team was able to hold them to only one goal, it has been on the front line where the team has lack the needed push, they have used in front Farfan and Guerrero, and despite having a great asset in Raul Ruidiaz he has only played the final minutes of both matches. I sense the team will continue to change in front, and despite their apparent problems on the back zone the same players will be present as they have been able to only allow a single goal each time.

Peru managed to secure their place in this World Cup by beating New Zealand in a double-header, where they draw 0-0 in Auckland and won 2-0 in Lima, New Zealand is the neighbor of Australia, but that’s where the possible similarities end, as Australia has left the OFC to play in the AFC and improved their playmaking, zone where the team has been able to achieve qualification to the World Cup. But despite that, the positive result against New Zeland should backed them here and that they hold New Zealand to zero goals.

Australia is the needed team here, and despite being in a better place in the group and not being on the route home as Peru is, the team has to deliver if they want to stay in the World Cup, the team needs to win this match and expect France to beat Denmark, but that might not happen, as a draw in France vs Denmark would see both of those teams go ahead to next stage, the motivation of Denmark is to beat France to get to 1st place and avoid Croatia in next round, but that results does not help Australia.

Therefore Australia has to focus on their task at hand and get the best possible result, being that the victory. Which force them to go out and dominate the actions to get the scoring chances, but that leave them open spaces in the back that Peru will look to take advantage of. Therefore the value is on Peru, as they will play release of pressure and just enjoy the beautiful game and return home with a positive result in the end.

Peru -0.25 AH with 6 units @ 2.01 at MarathonBet