Announcements
*** Punchestown Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. Craig Bluenose, 2nd. Lee Grays & 3rd. Carole Dawney ***
** April Poker League Result : 1st kevsul, 2nd Rob Valk, 3rd McG **
** Last Man Standing Results - glavintoby & Redno2009 both win £125 **
** April Naps Competition Result: 1st Sugardaddyken, 2nd TRAINMAD091, 3rd Harry Faint99, 4th Gary66. KO Cup Winner Waggy, Most Winners: Xtc12 **

Group B Predictions (Portugal, Spain, Morocco, Iran)

7 minutes ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Annoyed by that game. The amount of clear cut chances that were snatched at or not converted was unreal. On another day that could have been over 3.5 or even 4.5 goals let alone 2.5 goals. As if Portugal hadn't destroyed my life enough already by knocking us out of the semi-finals at Euro 2016!

It's the Portugal way.

Play badly against teams worse than them and absorb their attack. Play well against equal/better teams and counter really well.

Guedes needs to be benched for Andre Silva I reckon. Guerreiro had a shocker too.

Portugal will pull a Euro 2016 again but probably only reach 1/4s this time.

Iran vs Portugal

The final games in Group B offer up a fascinating set of circumstances with Iran playing Portugal in a 7pm BST kick-off at the Mordovia Arena in Saransk and both teams are still able to qualify for the last 16. In fact, it's still possible for both of these teams to qualify for the next round if they draw and Spain lose to Morocco.

Iran have drawn criticism for their defensive approach to games but it's kept them in the hunt for a spot in the 2nd Round having beaten Morocco 1-0 and then only narrowly losing to Spain 1-0. A draw here could be enough to progress but it's more likely they need to win. Will head coach Carlos Queiroz feel a need to open his side up or will he stick with the negative strategy and aim to sneak another 1-0 win?

Cristiano Ronaldo, sorry, I mean Portugal, have ridden their luck so far. The overall team performance has come under fire with Cristiano Ronaldo scoring all four of their goals so far. A draw will definitely see Fernando Santos and his men through to the last 16 but this is a game they will feel they can win. A defeat for Portugal and win for Spain would see The Navigators depart the tournament at the group stage so there's still work to be done.

My obvious tip is that this will be a dull one. Both teams have a foundation of defensive stability. The difference is that one team has a multi-Ballon d'Or winner in their squad and the other one doesn't. Personally, as a defender myself, I've enjoyed seeing Iran defend so well and play so organised. I just think Portugal will nick it by a goal and will progress to the last 16. Standard Ronaldo anytime scorer bet also backed!

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.57 with Ladbrokes

Cristiano Ronaldo Anytime Scorer @ 1.93 with UniBet

Football Facts and Streaks regarding FIFA World Cup

Portugal have won 91% of their last 11 matches in FIFA World Cup.
Spain have won 90% of their last 10 matches in FIFA World Cup.
There have been under 2.5 goals scored in 92% of Iran's last 13 games in FIFA World Cup.
There have been under 2.5 goals scored in 83% of Morocco's last 12 games in FIFA World Cup.
Uruguay have won their last 3 matches in FIFA World Cup.
Portugal have kept a clean sheet in 75% of their last 8 matches in FIFA World Cup.

You can find interesting 56 Football Betting Streaks for 25.06.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-25-06-2018-10060

Spain vs Morocco

It is Spain versus Morocco in a 7pm BST kick-off this Monday night from the Kaliningrad Stadium in Kaliningrad. Sadly, Morocco can no longer progress but Spain will confirm their place in the last 16 with a win or draw. They can also qualify if they lose and Portugal lose to Iran by an equal or bigger score-line.

Morocco were tipped by many to impress. The 1-0 loss to Iran was a disappointment but they looked a lot better against Portugal. Herve Renard's side only lost 1-0 with Cristiano Ronaldo being the difference but they can take heart from that performance. A similar one here could cause problems for Spain.

Spain have navigated their way through their pre-tournament chaos effectively. There is room for improvement but overall it is very much par for the course. Fernando Hierro will be demanding his side wins this game and finishes top of the group. To be honest, I can see them doing it.

There isn't much value to be found here. I can't see Spain running riot but I certainly can't see them failing to win this game. They possess too much experience and quality to surrender this position in the group. It should be a professional display that will result in a convincing but not too extravagant win for Spain.

Spain -1 @ 2.00 with Betfair

Diego Costa Anytime Scorer @ 2.04 with Bet365

POR V IRA

The good news for you lot is that I am now on 2 weeks holiday, so I will have more time to bring you my expert analasys & informed opinion. I'll try not to let the Superbok cloud my judgement!:beer@Sir Puntalot Can you add some holiday emoji's please?:ok

The bad news for me, is that I land at Lisbon airport, smack in the middle of this game, so I expect a long wait in the baggage reclaim as they will all be glued to the TV.

Anyway, onto the expert analasys & informed opinion that I was telling you about..........

I just have a gut feeling Iran will do one over Portugal (yep, expert!!)

I have been impressed with them, and they really gave it a good go against Spain. Yes, Portugal have Ronaldo, but he can't be brilliant every game can he? Let's face it, if you took him out of the side, would they have qualified?

I can see a draw, most possibly a low scoring game. But I would fancy selling Portugals performance rating here. Anything less than a 2-0 win for them, and we could be in profit.

SX go 56-60 for Portugal performance. 

What do you reckon @harry_rag

Iran vs Portugal

Iran luckily defeated Morocco in the opening game and in the 2nd round, Iran made Asian teams proud with strong defense. Coming to the final round with Portugal, Iran must attack to earn a progress opportunity.

Portugal fight hard to hold Spain to a draw in the opening game, and then defeated Morocco through Crisiano Ronaldo's incredible performance in the 2nd round. Now, only 1 point would send them get through in the group, so they can play counter-attacks as they want.

However, Iran have good defensive quality, so it's hard for Portugal to find the net.

According to their performance, I believe both teams are likely to share the spoils.

Spain vs Morocco

Judging from the last 2 group games, Spain were in an upward spiral in terms of attitude and form, which is great news for this title contenders. The Spanish are likely to progress after this final group game, if nothing crazy happens.

On the other hand, Morocco are out of this competition actually, thereby blowing their morale and confidence.

Therefore Spain are eager to win this game to boost their morale and gain more confidence for the knock-out stage.

I expect Spain to win this game as well as in payout with a line of -1.25.

Sitting in Departures at Gatwick & I have placed my bets

Rollong Acca - 2nd Leg - £15 on Spain @1.42- LOST

Sell Portugal Performance @56 CLOSED AT 25-41pt Profit

Buy Iran performance @16- CLOSED AT 18- 2pt profit

Sell time of 1st Spain goal @40 - CLOSED AT 19- 21 or profit

Good day:ok

Edited by Tiffy

Good luck @Tiffy I've hitched my fortunes firmly to Morocco's wagon in their game against Spain. Don't get me wrong, I expect Spain to win but I think Morocco may "have a go" and it could be an open game in which they score and, perhaps, gain more corners than expected.

Morocco to score at 6/5 with Lads (should be odds on in my view, and is pretty much everywhere else)

Sell time of 2nd Moroccan goal at 86 (just in case I'm right by more than I'd dare hope for and it officially turns into a "proper ding dong") :lol

Buy Moroccan corners squared at 12 (as I can see them gaining the 4 or more required for profit)

Buy Ziyech goal minutes at 9 (worth an interest as a goal scorer, 6/1 with Marathonbet probably the best option if you've got an account)