** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Group A Predictions (Russia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Uruguay)

Really fancy Cavani to get 2+ goals against the Saudis. I don't think I've ever seen a less dominant Cb pairing at the tournament. They quite literally lost every 50/50 in the air v the Russians.

Will look into the odds on him scoring with his head too.

Edited by Icongene

1 hour ago, chris666 said:

Fancy Serbia to beat Costa Rica this afternoon, I notice that they are a general 5/6, (1.83) but in the AH you are getting them at 7/4 ( 2.75) for -1. On the EH they are 3.5 (5/2). Playing safe with the _1AH.

Good luck to all

Apologies, I didn't realise I posted in wrong thread!

Russia vs Egypt

This Tuesday evening at 7pm BST we come full circle with the second round of group game fixtures beginning at the Krestovsky Stadium in St Petersburg when host nation Russia look to build on their stunning opening game win over Saudi Arabia against a capable Egypt side.

Russia tore Saudi Arabia apart with a 5-0 victory in the first match of the tournament. It was an unexpected performance from the Russians with many, including myself, having tipped them to have a dour tournament. However, it has rejuvenated the hopes of a nation with many now backing them to get something from this game as well.

Egypt were without Mo Salah in their opening game of the tournament and succumbed to a late goal against Uruguay. It was an abject display by the South American side with Luis Suarez coming under particular criticism for his display. The Egyptians will be ruing not taking something from that game and it now puts more pressure on them to win this game.

Personally, I don't think Russia will play better than they did last Thursday. It was a freak performance against a very poor Saudi Arabia side. I think Egypt will be a much more dangerous team going forward with Salah back and will also offer a more resilient back-line. There won't be much in this game. My favour swings between Russia and Egypt. Home advantage might just see Russia get the draw they'll be satisfied with.

BTTS @ 2.25 with SunBets

Total Corners Under 9.5 @ 1.81 with Unibet

14 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Russia vs Egypt

This Tuesday evening at 7pm BST we come full circle with the second round of group game fixtures beginning at the Krestovsky Stadium in St Petersburg when host nation Russia look to build on their stunning opening game win over Saudi Arabia against a capable Egypt side.

Russia tore Saudi Arabia apart with a 5-0 victory in the first match of the tournament. It was an unexpected performance from the Russians with many, including myself, having tipped them to have a dour tournament. However, it has rejuvenated the hopes of a nation with many now backing them to get something from this game as well.

Egypt were without Mo Salah in their opening game of the tournament and succumbed to a late goal against Uruguay. It was an abject display by the South American side with Luis Suarez coming under particular criticism for his display. The Egyptians will be ruing not taking something from that game and it now puts more pressure on them to win this game.

Personally, I don't think Russia will play better than they did last Thursday. It was a freak performance against a very poor Saudi Arabia side. I think Egypt will be a much more dangerous team going forward with Salah back and will also offer a more resilient back-line. There won't be much in this game. My favour swings between Russia and Egypt. Home advantage might just see Russia get the draw they'll be satisfied with.

BTTS @ 2.25 with SunBets

Total Corners Under 9.5 @ 1.81 with Unibet

i can agree with this fully but a draw for eqypt is useless. i just see one of them winning, either egypt steals or they loose by going all out for the win and being countered 

Egypt at 4.25 with Unibet, I think it is such a perfect spot to extract some value. I've been looking for set-ups like this. Russia had a good game against a weak side and is now a big favourite to win. Egypt is much better side, played maturely even without Salah and last but not least It's a must win or they will be sent to packing.

Whatever the "real" odds might actually be I think they are much higher than current suggested 23.5% for Egypt to win. In my eyes Egypt are the favorites and I'm taking it all day. AH 0,25, 0.5 lines or just X2 should offer some value too if you are averse to variation or profits :D 

Edited by markus808

@StevieDay1983, I am tailing your BTTS, I love it and I think it's a must win for Egypt to qualify and Russia will seek a draw. If Egypt get the first goal, the Russians will need to come out and play for the draw, leaving them open to the Egyptian counters.

You covered everything in your write up and I think this is the game that Russia will be found out. My only concern is the cold temperatures for the Egyptians but they are professionals and should tidy it up.

For what it's worth, I also put a small stake on BTTS and Egypt @ 9.00.

edit: the more I look at this game, the less optimistic I am in Egypt winning. I will stick to BTTS. Perhaps a X.

Edited by KikoCy
updated reasoning

Uruguay vs Saudi Arabia

Two teams that were very disappointed with their opening game displays come face-to-face on Wednesday afternoon at 4pm BST when Uruguay play Saudi Arabia at the Rostov Arena in Rostov-on-Don. How will both of these teams react to those first match performances?

Uruguay were far from impressive against a Mo Salah-less Egypt but got the job done in fortuitous circumstances. It was late and lucky but they'll take it. It means a win here could well see them confirm their place in the last 16 and you'll struggle to find a punter who isn't backing them to win.

Luis Suarez appeared to be well out of sorts against Egypt. Was it end of season fatigue? Illness? Or was he bribed by a dodgy Russian gangster? You decide! Personally, I think it was simply an off day for Suarez and he'll be looking to hit back here. It might even be worth backing him as an anytime scorer.

Saudi Arabia were quite frankly appalling against Russia. They made a very bland Russian side look like world beaters in that opening match of the tournament. Some of the defending on display was Sunday League standard. In fact, as a former manager of a Sunday League team, I never witnessed my team defend that badly!

I actually expect Saudi Arabia to tighten up for this second match of their group campaign. They will be keen to make amends for that first game humiliation. Don't get me wrong, I still think Uruguay will win this game but they'll come up against a more resolute Saudi team. It's worth backing Uruguay to keep a clean sheet. I can't see Saudi's attack troubling the Godin and Gimenez partnership down the centre.

Uruguay to win to nil @ 1.70 with Ladbrokes

Luis Suarez Anytime Scorer @ 1.56 with 888Sport

Uruguay vs Russia

In the final round of group games for Group A the two qualified sides of Uruguay and Russia come up against each other in a 3pm BST kick-off this Monday afternoon at the Cosmos Arena in Samara. Not a lot to play for except the prospect of finishing top of the group and deciding who will play who from Group B in the last 16.

Uruguay have hardly lit the tournament up since they started. A fortunate 1-0 victory against Egypt in their opening game and a laborious 1-0 victory over Saudi Arabia in their second game hasn't exactly filled their fans with hope of progressing deep into this tournament. The deadly strike partnership of Luis Suarez and Edinson Cavani hasn't got going at all and until it does there will be doubts over how effective Oscar Tabarez's men are.

Russia have been simply exhilarating so far. Entering this tournament as the lowest ranked side in the competition many people, including myself, expected them to toil. However, with the partisan crowd behind them they have flourished. A draw or win here will see them finish as group winners. Are their performances papering over the cracks though having played teams that really haven't been up to much?

I'm not sold on Uruguay or Russia yet. I think if they pick their form up a bit more then both could progress to the Quarter-Finals at least but right now the fact that they will likely face-off against Spain or Portugal in the 2nd Round has me thinking this is their penultimate game in the World Cup.

If Uruguay had been a bit more convincing then I would have backed them to get the win here. Sadly, this Uruguay effort so far has fallen some way short of expectations. Russia now look dangerous with the home fans cheering them on. I wouldn't be surprised to see Russia get a win here as well. I'm just not confident enough to back them outright. This is the exact sort of game where Suarez and co will rain on the host's parade.

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.56 with 188Bet

Luis Suarez Anytime Scorer @ 2.60 with 888Sport

Saudi Arabia vs Egypt

I'm going to be honest, I didn't think we would be entering the final group games in Group A and be talking about Egypt being already eliminated. Yet, here we are as Saudi Arabia play Egypt in this 3pm BST kick-off at the Volgograd Arena in Volgograd with neither team able to qualify for the last 16.

Saudi Arabia will be pleased that they showed more heart and quality in their second game against Uruguay after the pasting from host nation Russia in the opener. Sadly, they still lost and they will be going home at the first phase again. The 1-0 loss to Uruguay was probably slighted warped as well because Uruguay were poor.

Egypt will be devastated. Mo Salah just couldn't find the magic touch to get their tournament and after their 3-1 defeat to Russia in the second round of group games they will be leaving the tournament at the group stage. Salah just didn't look fit and his team mates didn't show enough conviction to allow them to fulfil their potential. It's been rather disappointing because I was expecting to see a bit more from them.

This game is a chance for both sides to end on a positive note. On paper, I would back Egypt all day. I'm just not sure here though. If both teams play to their best then I'd still back Egypt so on that basis I am going to do it. It might be a bit of an open game because neither side has anything to lose. I just hope both sides restore some pride after what has been a tournament to forget.

Egypt to win @ 1.90 with 188Bet

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 2.15 with BetVictor

• StevieDay1983 changed the title to Group A Predictions (Russia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Uruguay)

Football Facts and Streaks regarding FIFA World Cup

Portugal have won 91% of their last 11 matches in FIFA World Cup.
Spain have won 90% of their last 10 matches in FIFA World Cup.
There have been under 2.5 goals scored in 92% of Iran's last 13 games in FIFA World Cup.
There have been under 2.5 goals scored in 83% of Morocco's last 12 games in FIFA World Cup.
Uruguay have won their last 3 matches in FIFA World Cup.
Portugal have kept a clean sheet in 75% of their last 8 matches in FIFA World Cup.

You can find interesting 56 Football Betting Streaks for 25.06.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-25-06-2018-10060

Saudi Arabia vs Egypt

Both Saudi Arabia and Egypt have lost their first 2 group games. During this period, Saudi Arabia failed to score any goal, and Egypt only netted 1 goal through a penalty. Both teams' performance is disappointing. Now they both are already eliminated from this competition. This is the final match in this World Cup for both sides, so it is of importance for them. Both Saudi Arabia and Egypt want to grab a win.

Saudi Arabia have great skills, but they have low efficiency in front of the goal. As for Egypt, they failed to defend well against Russia's tall forwards, but it may not be the case when facing Saudi Arabia. Mohamed Salah's build-up play with his teammates will improve after the last match. However, it may be unlikely for Egypt to grab a resounding win.

Under the AH line of -0.75 for Egypt, 7M Sports believe Saudi Arabia may have chance to win this match in payout.

Yon can visit 7msport.com to check more information about World Cup's tips.

Uruguay vs Russia

Russia have great performance in this World Cup via home field advantage. Now they are in high morale and great form. Quite a few players have put up outstanding display. Besides, the players are running actively on the pitch, with high efficiency in offensive end.

As for Uruguay, although they have won both of their first 2 games, their overall performance is just mediocre. The attacking duo Luis Suarez and Edinson Cavani are not in their best form, especially for Luis Suarez. He fails to show the killer instinct of a world-class striker. But luckily Uruguay have solid display at the back, which enables them to progress into the Last 16 in advance. However, Uruguay may find it hard to compete against the hosts Russia who are aimed at a 3rd consecutive win.

In conclusion, 7M Sports expect Russia to win this match.

On 2018-06-04 at 7:04 AM, cammykaze said:

I'm on Uruguay to top the group at 5/6 and separately 5/1 to win all their group games.

Uruguay are very strong with some world class players, Cavani hitting 10 goals in qualification and finishing 2nd behind Brazil and ahead of Argentina.

Most worried about the opening game vs Egypt and wouldn't be surprised to see a 0 - 0 or 1 - 1 given the opening games being tight affairs. At 5/1 with Saudi Arabia almost being a gimme it seems a decent price for them to win all 3.

Never in doubt (apart from Egypt).

Well played.