** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > Dec 2nd

Darran

I can't go into the full reasons just now but Eastbourne must be backed to beat Gloucester on Saturday. 19/10 is available with BetVictor at the moment, but the price will collapse when the news comes out at midday. I suggest taking the -1 handicap as well. I am gutted about what is going on and what will be announced, but I may as well try and make some money out of the sorry situation. I will post more when I can.

2 hours ago, Darran said:

I can't go into the full reasons just now but Eastbourne must be backed to beat Gloucester on Saturday. 19/10 is available with BetVictor at the moment, but the price will collapse when the news comes out at midday. I suggest taking the -1 handicap as well. I am gutted about what is going on and what will be announced, but I may as well try and make some money out of the sorry situation. I will post more when I can.

I've taken Eastbourne Borough DNB @ 2.050 Betvictor based on your recommendation but if I find that Gloucester City have unveiled Neymar as their new signing at midday then...

3 hours ago, Darran said:

What is going on with Gloucester. Have players left?

I have been told that at least one has. Tim wouldn't have made this decision lightly and given our press officer also resigned yesterday I suspect there to be a positive spin to this story. Tim has been absolutely vital in keeping the club going, but with him going so will the majority of the fans and I can't see the club being able to complete at this level next season unless something changes fast.

nationalleagueodds.jpg

nationalleaguenorthodds.jpg

nationalleaguesouthodds.jpg

nplodds.jpg

ipdodds.jpg

slpodds.jpg

Thanks for getting this thread started, @Darran. Here are the full set of odds for the upcoming weekend action. Give us any more thoughts you guys have ahead of these games.

I will sort some other bets out at some point probably tomorrow night now. I have a shortlist, but for obvious reasons my enthusiasm for looking at football right now is pretty minimal. What I will do is put some more meat on the bones of what I know about what is going on at Gloucester.

The manager has gone and Will Morford who came back as a player in the summer for his 2nd spell at the club has taken over. What sort of side he will have I don't know. Tom Webb who has played 698 games for us and has only ever played for us I have been told is going to retire although the press are reporting he is just thinking about his future. I find it hard given what has gone on this week to believe he will feel like playing. I have been told that the budget is set to be slashed which will obviously lead to players leaving although again not confirmed. Also the chairman has also walked although again not been an official announcement but I wouldn't be surprised if he does. It is 10 years now since we last played in Gloucester and our owner has messed us about for long enough and everything has finally come to a head. It did look like things were progressing on the ground front, but we got given another awful excuse this week as to why things have stopped again. Most fans don't want to know anymore and I feel rather depressed about what is going to happen next. Our owner really needs to step up now, but I have little faith anymore and would rather he just let someone else take over, but he doesn't seem to want to do that either. Tim Harris the former manager was along with the chairman the man who kept everything together and he has done so much for the club. The fact he has chosen to leave speaks volumes for what is going on behind the scenes and I just can't see how the players can have football on their mind come Saturday. It's hardly like we can score goals anyway. 

The one small worry is Eastbourne have been in poor form of late although they did comeback in the Trophy on Tuesday night to beat Royston on penalties so hopefully that will give them a boost. To be honest though they should be looking to go for the kill against a club on its knees. 

Any update on the situation around Gloucester and Eastbourne?As i see the manager has gone but there is no news on the players which could mean that they will be the same so can't understand all the noise.On the other hand we have some strange movements of the odds which dropped like a stone with bet365 reaching a new low down to 1.72 yesterday.After that there has been a rising and now they are up to 1.90 with just a few markets open.After addpea briefed it down i managed to take them @ 2.75 for a straight win making them the 1st max bet for the season.Now,unsurprisingly bet365 are offering good money in order to close the bet and i am starting to think it through given the fact that Eastbourne are kind of pathetic on the road and Gloucester will have all players available + a new manager for the game.Any thoughts?

So the latest is that Tom Webb has been persuaded to play tomorrow. That surprises me although given he is so close to 700 I just wonder if that has played on his mind. I have no news as to if we have a full squad or not, but as I have said before we have hardly been capable of scoring goals and it must be a very odd feeling in the camp at the moment so I struggle to see how a guy who has never managed before can get the players minds on the game.

God knows how many fans we will have there tomorrow as plenty have said they won't be going again whilst the current owner still owns the club. There is already talk about trying to start a new club.

We aren't just talking about the manager resigning here Tim was essentially Mr Gloucester City and has been involved in the club at various stages over numerous years and he was doing a lot behind the scenes than just managing the side.

I have been led to believe that we will take voluntary relegation at the end of the season.

So obviously the price has long gone on Eastbourne and hopefully the can do the business although it will be the most depressing winning bet I will have ever placed. It would be typical of my club though if we go and get some sort of result. I think as things stand Eastbourne are no longer value, but with all that has gone on at Gloucester this week they will see this as a great chance to pick up a much needed 3 points. 

I was considering a handful of sides in the National League, but in the end have left it alone and I only have one other bet.

Burgess Hill v Margate

The away side are now unbeaten in 6 league games and have won their last 4. They seem to have really found their form of late and I think odds against is a big price to beat a struggling Burgess Hill. They have only picked up 1 point in their last 4 games and have conceded 15 goals in the process.

Margate 2.5pts @ 101/100 with Marathon 

Any reason not to go with Tooting & Mitcham at home to Lowestoft? Over evens seems a good deal to me unless there's any new info? Granted their record isn't very good but last 2 games have come against Leiston and Margate so not really expecting points. Beat Kingstonian at home the game before that. Should be enough to sneak a win I'd have thought with home advantage.

I've also got a bit of money on Dorking to beat Kingstonian. Kingstonian on a dreadful run as pointed out.

Banbury, York, Truro and Macclesfield all added to various trebles

acca for me today :

30503. Campeonato da Inglaterra. Liga de Isthmian. Burgess Hill Town-Margate
Burgess Hill Town - Margate
Handicap Handicap 2 (0)1.42
23816. Campeonato da Inglaterra. Liga Nacional do Norte. Boston United-York City
Boston United - York City
Handicap Handicap 2 (0)1.48
25370. Campeonato da Inglaterra. Liga Nacional do Sul. Chippenham Town-Whitehawk
Chippenham Town - Whitehawk
Handicap asiático Handicap 1 (-0.25)1.49
25383. Campeonato da Inglaterra. Liga Nacional do Sul. Gloucester City-Eastbourne Borough
Gloucester City - Eastbourne Borough        (  SORRY  ADDPEA : )
Handicap Handicap 2 (0)1.89

Total de odds:
Tipo de aposta:
Acumulador
Valor da aposta:
8 GBP
Potenciais ganhos:
47.34 GBP