** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Grex's SAM System - 124 bets -1% yield

Grex

Thanks, Torque, for your analysis and suggested staking strategy.

For the 1-X-2, selections are based on perceived "value". For correct scores, please note that it is not possible to calculate "value", as SAM does not provide "probability" percentage - only the most likely score. 

55 minutes ago, Grex said:

Thanks, Torque, for your analysis and suggested staking strategy.

For the 1-X-2, selections are based on perceived "value". For correct scores, please note that it is not possible to calculate "value", as SAM does not provide "probability" percentage - only the most likely score. 

My mistake - I made the assumption that probability percentages were calculated for correct scores as well as 1x2. In that case, it's probably safest from a staking point of view to take the position that the odds are an accurate reflection of the probability, even though you're hoping that's not the case and you're backing a correct score with value on your side. It'll be interesting to see how the correct score figures look at the end of the season - that should give a good indication as to whether SAM is able to identify +EV in that market.

Only Watford let down the 1-X-2 system over the weekend. 34 bets.... ROI  +25%

As for the correct scores..... the losing run extends to TEN :\  20% of the way to Torque's estimated 50 bet losing run (see post dated 14/12/17). So, 34 bets..... ROI  +16%

It looks as though BBC is not going to publish SAM's predictions for tomorrow's Everton game - so, the next round is Xmas eve.

I am going to the South America for Xmas and New Year - so, I may not be able to keep up with the system.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a happy and profitable 2018 :ok :cheers

NU4iZ2j.jpg

My usual image hosting site was "down" when I made the above post - the definition suffered.

It is now back on-line - so, I will post it again..... hope the quality is a bit better :hope

mUYyW1y.jpg

Not a lot :\

Edited by Grex
added "not a lot"

Just about maintained the status quo on the 1-X-2 system: 46 bets...... ROI  +19%

The correct score system continues to go pear-shaped. I am going to give it a miss from now on. Apart from the long, soul-destroying losing streaks, there are some inconsistencies in the predictions. I am obviously not familiar with the algorithms that SAM uses to predict the scores, but there appears to be a basic problem - the average goals per game predicted by SAM is 1.72, whereas the actual goals per game is 2.63. No 0-0 results are predicted, and the highest team score is 3 goals.

Let's focus on the 1-X-2 system and see how it goes.

mmvfwPl.jpg

SAM also gives 1-X-2 probabilities fro Championship games - but no correct score predictions.

So, I thought I would give it a go - same cut-off criteria as the Premier League. Absolutely no testing - so, beware.

Already one losing result :\

KntVwvg.jpg

Good point, Jenno.

I apply various cut-off criteria - one being "maximum value". An analysis of the very limited historical data indicated that too much value had a negative impact - so, I stick to a range of between 100% and 110%, otherwise it is "No Bet", as was the case with Brighton-Chelsea on 20/01/18.

I also apply a cut-off limit to the odds - if less that 1.30, it's a "No Bet", as was the case with Man City - Newcastle.

Hope this helps.