** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > Nov 11th

nationalleagueodds.jpg

nationalleaguenorthodds.jpg

nationalleaguesouthodds.jpg

nonleagueodds.jpg

fatrophyodds1.jpg

fatrophyodds2.jpg

There is a lot of non-league action coming up this weekend with games in the National League, National League North, National League South, Northern Premier League, Isthmian Premier Division, Southern League Premier, and FA Trophy! So let's get some chat going and get some of these tips up!

A very good weekend with the two 2.5pt bets winning in the FA Cup and Met Police winning for the Non-League selections. This weekend however I am only going to put one bet up. I can't remember ever doing this before when there has been a full fixture list, but it looks a really tough set of fixtures. Fylde, Hartlepool and Woking all look a bit bigger than they should be in the National League, but at the same time it wasn't enough to make me want to put them up. The last thing I want to do is force bets for the sake of it as that does no one any good, so it will be just the one for me on Saturday.

Bognor Regis v Hampton & Richmond

I opposed Bognor on the opening day of the season because they'd had a bit of a nightmare summer. They surprised me by winning 3-2 and given what they have done since I can feel hard done by because they have only won once in the league since then. Indeed their last win was on August 15th and they have picked up just 4 points in their last 12 matches. That is obviously relegation form and they certainly look at the very least like they will be in a relegation battle this season. On the other hand Hampton have been in superb form and are unbeaten in 12 league matches now. Their last defeat came on August 26th and after drawing 6 on the bounce they have finally discovered again how to win matches as they have won their last 4. They have drawn half of their away games and that is a slight worry, but otherwise everything points to an away win. Marathon are clear top price at 119/100.

Hampton & Richmond 3pts @ 119/100 with Marathon

Edited by Darran

After a fairly successful tip from me in the midweek fixtures, where I predicted defeats for Leiston, Lowestoft, Kingstonian and my bet of night, Margate to beat Merstham - I'm going to side with a team I opposed on Tuesday.

Lowestoft Town Vs Merstham

Where does one start? Lowestoft, a club in huge trouble both on and off the pitch. Long standing Chairman Gary Keyzor has jumped ship leaving the club in a perilous financial position. Players not bothering to turn up for training and Ady Gallagher leaving as manager after 19 years at the club. Things are clearly not right off the pitch. It's even worse on it. They've conceded 16 goals in their last 4 matches against Worthing (1st win since March), Met Police (at home), Needham on Tuesday (1st win in 7 matches and 2-4 flattered) and Merstham 6-2. I was at the Merstham (and Worthing) match and Merstham were 4 up inside 20 minutes and coasted for the remaining 70. (Reports suggest they were a tad unlucky against Margate on Tuesday). They are certainly not playing opposition as strong this weekend!

The squad at new manager, Dale Brooks disposal really are poor with little or no pace in the defence or midfield areas. Merstham play 2 out and out wide players and retain the ball very well. Even though there are only 4 points between them in the league, Merstham are a cut above in every department (maybe not the goalkeeper) and should run out comfortable winners. Lowestoft simply don't have the class at their disposal to stop teams from scoring and I'm fairly certain that Merstham will create a shed-load of chances.

13/8 (2.62) with Chandlers looks an absolute steal and I've also backed Merstham/Merstham in the HT/FT @ 4.4

As an aside - I wanted to place a lumpy cash bet on and Betfred went 8/5. I have a shop nearby so sauntered in after visiting the bank. I looked at the fixed-odd screen but the Lowestoft match wasn't listed but the other 3 in the league were. I asked at the counter if the price was the same as online - 8/5 - the girl phoned HQ and asked, she confirmed the online price was 8/5 and I could have a bet in the shop. I duly filled out my slip and attempted to get a £600 bet on. She said she had to phone it through to the trading department. She spoke with them and no joy. Online bets only and I've long been struck-off with Betfred.

Backing Merstham - oh dear... I’ve seen Merstham play 15 times ever and I’ve seen them win 0 times! Can you believe it! 

That said they are a talented, quick team all be it so so unpredictable, so it wouldnt surprise me if they win! Addia will be suspended but I dont see that as a big loss. 

Hayen Bird to masterclass another away win at 13/8...go on...small stakes 

48 minutes ago, sammydubs said:

Backing Merstham - oh dear... I’ve seen Merstham play 15 times ever and I’ve seen them win 0 times! Can you believe it! 

That said they are a talented, quick team all be it so so unpredictable, so it wouldnt surprise me if they win! Addia will be suspended but I dont see that as a big loss. 

Hayen Bird to masterclass another away win at 13/8...go on...small stakes 

According to the FA Site, Addia's suspension doesn't kick in until Tuesday 14th.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/suspensions

Ryan Hall is the player who cut Lowestoft to pieces a few weeks ago - Addia didn't feature in the squad, so I can't comment if he's a loss or not.

4 hours ago, LondonHibs said:

After a fairly successful tip from me in the midweek fixtures, where I predicted defeats for Leiston, Lowestoft, Kingstonian and my bet of night, Margate to beat Merstham - I'm going to side with a team I opposed on Tuesday.

Lowestoft Town Vs Merstham

Where does one start? Lowestoft, a club in huge trouble both on and off the pitch. Long standing Chairman Gary Keyzor has jumped ship leaving the club in a perilous financial position. Players not bothering to turn up for training and Ady Gallagher leaving as manager after 19 years at the club. Things are clearly not right off the pitch. It's even worse on it. They've conceded 16 goals in their last 4 matches against Worthing (1st win since March), Met Police (at home), Needham on Tuesday (1st win in 7 matches and 2-4 flattered) and Merstham 6-2. I was at the Merstham (and Worthing) match and Merstham were 4 up inside 20 minutes and coasted for the remaining 70. (Reports suggest they were a tad unlucky against Margate on Tuesday). They are certainly not playing opposition as strong this weekend!

The squad at new manager, Dale Brooks disposal really are poor with little or no pace in the defence or midfield areas. Merstham play 2 out and out wide players and retain the ball very well. Even though there are only 4 points between them in the league, Merstham are a cut above in every department (maybe not the goalkeeper) and should run out comfortable winners. Lowestoft simply don't have the class at their disposal to stop teams from scoring and I'm fairly certain that Merstham will create a shed-load of chances.

13/8 (2.62) with Chandlers looks an absolute steal and I've also backed Merstham/Merstham in the HT/FT @ 4.4

As an aside - I wanted to place a lumpy cash bet on and Betfred went 8/5. I have a shop nearby so sauntered in after visiting the bank. I looked at the fixed-odd screen but the Lowestoft match wasn't listed but the other 3 in the league were. I asked at the counter if the price was the same as online - 8/5 - the girl phoned HQ and asked, she confirmed the online price was 8/5 and I could have a bet in the shop. I duly filled out my slip and attempted to get a £600 bet on. She said she had to phone it through to the trading department. She spoke with them and no joy. Online bets only and I've long been struck-off with Betfred.

Blimey wanting £600 on a Bostik Prem game in shop is going to raise flags straight away. They know if someone is wanting a bet like that on that that person is going to know way more than them.

10 minutes ago, LondonHibs said:

According to the FA Site, Addia's suspension doesn't kick in until Tuesday 14th.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/suspensions

Ryan Hall is the player who cut Lowestoft to pieces a few weeks ago - Addia didn't feature in the squad, so I can't comment if he's a loss or not.

Ryan Hall is a quality player but he turns up when he wants to. I haven’t been unimpressed In what I’ve seen but others have been impressed. He does score goals but if the chips are down??. Just like Merstham, extremely unpredictable!

Edited by sammydubs

10 minutes ago, Darran said:

Blimey wanting £600 on a Bostik Prem game in shop is going to raise flags straight away. They know if someone is wanting a bet like that on that that person is going to know way more than them.

I never normally have any bother. The two shops I use are Ladbrokes and Paddy Power. The staff know me in both shops and I've never had a bet refused (albeit most do have to phone through for an authorisation code). Ladbrokes hadn't priced the match up and PP were only 6/4. I managed to play a few accounts. I got a couple of hundred on with VC and a friend also staked £200 for me with Skybet - both at 13/8. I've also backed the HT/FT and will look for another play once the teams are announced on Saturday just before kick-off as I won't be attending a match (I might go to Thurrock to see what they're all about as LTFC visit Tuesday).

Edited by LondonHibs

I am on Halifax today. Form havent been good, but IMO they are better than their position.

I think that Woking, will have an eye on the FA Cup replay game against Bury tuesday evening as well. A long travel also for them. Odds around 2,10 Halifax are too good to resist IMO.