** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

League Tables & Banter - Week 3

No promotion/relegation system, it clearly states in the rules that the highest finishes each season will start in the top divisions for the following mini-season.

The biggest complaint we had previously was that it took too long to work their way up the divisional ladder with the usual 3 up 3 down policy. If you were in Div 6 for example you couldn't reach Div 1 no matter how good you were.

This way every one gets a frequent chance at playing in the higher leagues and should in theory make people want to keep playing until the end in an attempt to start the following season as high as possible.

:ok

Just one point on the rules - I notice you accept selections that would be refused by bookmakers on the grounds that they are connected - in particular you allow players to put up a double on the same game of both sides to score and more than 2.5 goals in the game. As you will appreciate if both sides score you are very close to having more than 2.5 goals in the game. I think you should amend the rules.

1 hour ago, Alastair said:

Just one point on the rules - I notice you accept selections that would be refused by bookmakers on the grounds that they are connected - in particular you allow players to put up a double on the same game of both sides to score and more than 2.5 goals in the game. As you will appreciate if both sides score you are very close to having more than 2.5 goals in the game. I think you should amend the rules.

Then do it Alastair, and win every week!
Funny how no-one has been successful using this tactic so far?

PS: well done for pointing it out to everyone:ok 

2 hours ago, Alastair said:

easier said than done mate, i do btts and no draw, and yet again today 1 beats me for a treble for the umpteen time with a 1-1 draw

2 minutes ago, Alastair said:

You seem to be doing a different sort of bet to the one I was referring to

not really, im looking for both teams to score  and a winner(connected) and ive been waiting on any team to score in countless games when the score has been 1-1 and never collected

I know what Alastair is getting at but believe me I don't just throw the rules up without thinking about them.

Truth is we are not bookies so we don't have to worry about so called shrewdies trying to get an edge and then having to argue the toss about it. We decided just to let all bets stand and cut out the hassle of voiding bets etc......
Its a fun competition for small prizes and should be treated that way, don't get too stressed about it, if the rules keep anyone  awake at night then maybe they should look for something different to play.

As Corky said, its hard enough to predict any football match!!

:ok

13 hours ago, BillyHills said:

Then do it Alastair, and win every week!
Funny how no-one has been successful using this tactic so far?

PS: well done for pointing it out to everyone:ok 

Bet from Saturday

Clyde vs Stirling Albion

BTTS @1.44

Over 2.5@ 1.53

15 point double please

• BillyHills unpinned and unfeatured this topic
1 hour ago, BillyHills said:

Bet from Saturday

Clyde vs Stirling Albion

BTTS @1.44

Over 2.5@ 1.53

15 point double please

Yes, that was the selection that caught my eye. I know it ended up 1-1 but even so, over a period of time the mathematics of betting mean that those selections must end up winning - which is why a bookmaker wouldn't take them.