** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

MLS Play-Off Predictions > Nov 3rd - 6th

StevieDay1983

mlsplayoffsratings.jpg

It's the second legs of the MLS Play-Off Conference Semi-Finals. The Seattle Sounders and Vancouver Whitecaps are tied at 0-0 heading into their second leg so anything could happen there. Toronto FC hold a narrow 2-1 lead over New York Red Bulls going into their home tie. So you'd have to back the Canadian side in that game. New York City FC have it all to do to overturn a 4-1 deficit against Columbus Crew. Finally, Portland Timbers and Houston Dynamo are finely balanced on a knife edge after a 0-0 first leg.

What are you looking to bet on in these matches?

@betcatalog@vasilli07, @Tiffy, @jamiedavies02, @Setup, @dylanphan, @Cumbie, @Marc Kearney, @harry_rag, and @ggm31v.

All four home sides are pretty heavily favored as to be expected.  My initial thoughts as I generally wait till much closer to kickoff before sending in any bets

Vancouver blew a beautiful opportunity at home in the first leg to get a result.  They had to know Seattle was punch less, but they came out as under inspiring themselves, afraid to allow a road goal.  That's pretty disappointing as I think you should always play for the win.  Seattle will get two huge boosts, first their massive home crowd.  And then they should have a few players that may be available and of course Dempsey off suspension.  A bit strange they play this one 2 full days before the other games.  Anyway, I think this one should be another dull, drab affair like the pacific northwest - look to the under if anything.  

I don't think Toronto is going to lose at home, barring something very dodgy.  But, being that they already have the win and two away goals in their back pocket, I'm not sure how open they will play either.  Very well would be happy with a draw and rest some guys late.  Again, another low scoring affair more than likely, but I would give a slight nod to Toronto at -135 or better simply because Giovinco such a threat on any set piece.

Other two games have much more interest to me.

The first leg of the Columbus/NYFC was a real cracker, and if you didn't watch the game, do not let the 4-1 scoreline fool you.  NY played down a man most of the 2h and blew at least 2 golden opportunities in the 1h, including a rare David villa sitter he racked off the post.  That being said, Columbus has been impressive in that they advance at Atlanta and then came home where they enjoy a nice home field crowd and just played open and free soccer against NY, netting 4.  That last one really was a big goal, because NY could have advance with a 2-0 home result, but the late late goal really puts the burden on NY to open up.  NY home field is smallish, and could clog things up a bit, but I'll be honest, I think we get a home win and at least 3 goals in this one.  NY 3-1 seems about right, so put me on the home side at -135 or better as well as a touch on the handicap as I think they win by 2.  IF you only watch one MLS game this weekend, this should be the one.

Houston also played uncharacteristically tentative at home in the first leg.  But, a few notes.  First they had a 1h pk overturned by video assistant.  That could have really turned the game.  Second Houston is without two first choice defenders in DelaGarza and Leonardo, so they couldn't open things up too much as a road goal may have spelled curtains.  They are starting Phllipe Sendeross (yes, that Sendeross) as their main CB and he's about as agile as a rocking chair. Plus he got hit with an early yellow so really had to watch himself.  The Houston defense is going to get abused in this leg and it's going to get ugly.  Portland is a fast team, and play on an artificial, slick surface at home where they really play uptempo. And while the Houston mf and forwards to like to press and play a higher tempo game, well, there are goign to be a lot of opportunities for Portland to take advantage of this if they get caught.  Honestly, Portland wins here easy, 3-0.