** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

The Daily Spread

Wigan v St Helens: Buy St Helens hotshots for 2 points at 50 with SPIN (Lomax,Percival,Grace,Barba)

3 points higher elsewhere and I'd stick another 3 points on top of that! In my view, these 4 are worth at least the 50 I'm paying even if I take a pessimistic view. See top of page for last week's profitable bet on St Helens hotshots. Lomax in for Makinson this time and he scored a brace last week.

• 3 weeks later...

Thought about calling time on this thread but decided to press on with some parameters set.

Aim: Get the running total back in the black.

Duration: 200 bets maximum (so 90 remaining)

Bank: 500 points (currently stands at 288.75)

Will consider again if I recoup the current deficit but will end the thread once either of the other 2 benchmarks are reached.

Bet 111: Wakefield v St Helens: Buy St Helens shirts for 2 points at 26 with SX

As high as 32 elsewhere so someone's got it at least slightly wrong. For my money I think SX have got it too low.

On 8/16/2018 at 1:29 PM, harry_rag said:

Bet 111: Wakefield v St Helens: Buy St Helens shirts for 2 points at 26 with SX

That should have said Wakefield shirts, not St Helens. (The latter were much higher to buy but would have been a better bet.)

The correct bet was a winner but they don't come any thinner! Wakefield shirts made up at 27 for a profit of 2x stake.

3214.75 points risked and 3005.5 returned, -209.25 points with an ROI of -6.51%

37 winners from 111 bets (33.33%)

Salford v Widnes: Buy Salford hotshots for 1.5 points at 55 with SPIN (Sa'u, Evalds, Olpherts, Bibby)

60 to buy elsewhere which is closer to my take on the "true" price.

Anything can happen but a nilling would be a surprise, 2 tries feels like a "par" score and there's enough prospect of 3 or 4 for me to be happy with a buy.

Middlesbrough v West Brom: Buy hotshots at 1.5 points for 31 with SPIN (Assombalonga, Braithwaite, Rodriguez and Gayle)

Worth at least 2 points more for me which is a modest rather that "must bet" edge but the Boro pair have scored at least one between them in all 4 games so far and Rodriguez (4) and Gayle (1) have matched their total of 5.

Be disappointed to be nilled on this one (though fully prepared for the possibility).

Ospreys v Cheetahs: Buy Ospreys hotshots for 1.5 points at 64 with SPIN (T Williams, S Williams, North, D Evans)

I get 78 based on try minutes mid points so that's an unusual edge. North capable of a hat trick on his own so hopefully this goes easily over the spread.

A bit overdue for an update, will bring things up to date tomorrow.