** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

October 30 - November 5

Kubler got the job done somehow :notworthy, let's move on.

Richard Gasquet (-3.5) to beat Benoit Paire at 1.80 with Paddy Power

The H2H between the two is incredibly one-sided and I don't see Paire reversing the trend right now. Gasquet was rather good in Vienna, so he should get the job done reasonably well imo.

Steve Johnson to beat Robin Haase at 1.80 with Pinnacle

Haase has been in a very poor form for quite some time now, while Johnson does have some good wins on his side. The conditions might also suit him a bit more, so I'm willing to back him at this price.

Fernando Verdasco to beat Andrey Rublev at 1.67 with William Hill

Revenge time for Verdasco? Yes, I think so, especially given the contrasting forms of the players. Rublev has been very inconsistent since the US Open, with his wins over Berdych and Sock being more about luck than anything else - and I don't expect him to recover in this season.

Filip Krajinovic to beat Yuitchi Sugita at 1.90 with local bookie

The serb has qualified successfully into this masters event in Paris and Yuitchi has lost both his meetings in 2014 in straight sets against Filip on hard and grass. Never underestimate a qualifier and Filip is 25 years old and has a lot more tennis to show and I don't think he's shown his real potential yet as Yuitchi has since he won the title on grass in Turkey this summer. Yuitchi is older at 29 years old and I think he's come as far as he can come in the rankings now. Filip is ranked at 75 and Yuitchi at 38.

Anyway I think the serb might be worth a risk here.

2 PICKS FOR ATP PARIS MATCHES:

TSONGA OVER 12.5 GAMES OVER BENNETEAU @ 1.76 pinnacle
Tsonga is determined to qualify for ATP Finals but Benneteau with good recent form will make it a tough match for Tsonga

KRAJINOVIC-QUERREY OVER 22 GAMES @ 1.64 pinnacle
Krajinovic with big serve and 16 wins in his last 17 matches will make it a long close match with a favorite Querrey.

4 hours ago, Sm0k3rZ said:

Interesting match ups in wta today. Dont know how motivated any of them would be. Coco is carrying an injury? Pavy looks like a decent shout against kerber..thoughts Czech

I'm afraid you're asking the wrong guy. The WTA event is a strange one, hard to guess who's motivated enough.

Hi Czech, what do you think about Mannarino vs Ferrer in ATP Paris?  I fancy Mannarino's chance to win here.  Do you think Ferrer has anything left in his tank at this time to overcome his 6-year-younger opponent?

Or anyone's opinion?

Edited by Robinnho

Honestly, I think that the odds are about right due to the fact that the conditions are slower than you'd expect them to be. It's not clay-ish, but the surface was much faster a few years back. That said, there's no doubt that Mannarino is the favourite here. Ferrer has been crap nearly all season long. Unless Mannarino starts misfiring, he should win - but the catch is that the surface might lead him to do exactly that.

1 minute ago, CzechPunter said:

Honestly, I think that the odds are about right due to the fact that the conditions are slower than you'd expect them to be. It's not clay-ish, but the surface was much faster a few years back. That said, there's no doubt that Mannarino is the favourite here. Ferrer has been crap nearly all season long. Unless Mannarino starts misfiring, he should win - but the catch is that the surface might lead him to do exactly that.

Thanks, Czech.

I will go with Mannarino ML.being playing in home country and likely to be more motivated and considering at this time of the year Ferrer will suffer from fatigue.

David Ferrer to beat Adrian Mannarino at 2.20 with bet365 and David Ferrer to win 2-1 at 5.00 with bet365

This is exactly the type of match David can win. Adrian is as mentally strong as Marat Safin was in his worst days and it just comes easy for Ferrer when mentally weak players start misfiring. I think Adrian can win a set but David will take it all in the end as he usually can do when he plays to his strengths and doesn't make many mistakes. Typically good matchup for David and he's 2-0 head to head v Adrian beating him in Aussie open 2014 and Madrid 2011 and both times he lost at least a set. Also David has a good history in Paris only losing in first round once the first time he played in Paris 2004 against Mardy Fish in 3 sets. He's lost his first match in second round when he's been better ranked and not needing to play first round. Adrian has only reached second round twice in 6 tries and never past second round. When he won his matches in Paris he beat P-H Herbert in 2014 and Dmitry Tursunov in 2011.

Gotta give David a go here and see where he takes me today. Feels like he's got a good chance of winning now and yesterday and today there's been a lot of clay court players doing well like out of form Pablo Cuevas today winning in straight sets and Adrian is no clay courter.

Pavlyuchenkova 2.00

Pavlyuchenkova to win 1st set and win match 2.75

Given the pace of the court, the 2-0 h2h record (albeit from 4 years ago), the one game under the belt in Zuhai conditions At 2.00 I am willing to back Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova especially given her experience with indoor tournaments.

John Isner (-2.5) to beat Filip Krajinovic at 1.80 with Unibet

Isner is on fire, plain and simple. What's more, I also think that Krajinovic doesn't have the right mental skills for matches of this magnitude. There are reasons for him playing so many Challengers - and I hope that we are going to see them tomorrow.

Hi there, after consulting this subforum for quite a while now I will begin to make a few contributions myself starting today with the following encounter:

Melzer vs Bagnis Guayaquil 

The market is overestimating Melzer's recent form imo which while quite impressive at first glance shouldn't warrant such a drifting of Bagnis' odds. Last two times they met on clay odds were 1.89 / 1.93 (July 2016, Bagnis winning in 3) and recently 1.68 / 2.20 (Melzer in 2) so there's that. Melzer played a lot of tennis lately (17 matches since Oct 9) so fatigue might catch up with him as well. 

Bagnis @ 2.75 (Pinnacle)

Edited by Tenez