** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Serie A Predictions > Oct 21st & 22nd

italyratings.jpg

Serie A continues to be a frustrating league for us to bet on but the good fight goes on! What do you guys reckon ahead of these games coming up this weekend?

@TastesLikeTuna, @discipline@Icongene, @betcatalog, @jamiedavies02, @Pipoca@sajtion, @Vcg2007, @chris666, @WinningAdvice, @yoju82, @DrBetter, @KingSoccertips, @CloughandTaylor, @Punki85, @DW_United, @KikoCy, @vasilli07. @Simeon Borisof, @Simeone, @fat, @HastGill1, @clubgowi, @MPLouis, @Kumanovac, @AF13, @Jase82, @TOTTI3, @azzurini1976, @Mindfulness, @amygdalate, @thegeneral55, and @Kripp222, and @TotoSchillaci.

79 matches played in Serie A so far with only 19% resulting in X which is pretty low. Despite this, I am a glutton for punishment and want to run the numbers this season to see what return I can get from betting on X (EPL & Serie A) so I will continue with the mission.

A couple more for Serie A this week but don't expect them to land, that really would be crazy:

Chievo V Hellas Verona

X @ 3.65 Marathon Bet

Hard to pick a winner from Derby di Verona, Chievo are hard to beat but I remain skeptical of their ability to make the game in home matches. Hellas have had a tough Q1 but victory over Benevento was a key result so Fabio Pecchia's side should take confidence into this match. ELO difference is less than half a goal over last 2 matches so 3.65 looks juicy for the draw here.

SPAL V Sassuolo

X @ 3.4 Betfair

I would argue that these two sides have under-performed in Q1 and both seem to lack a cutting edge infront of goal. This game is extremely hard to predict but I can envisage a manager getting the boot if his team loses this one. ELO difference is just a quarter goal over last 2 games so X seems to be the logical play here.

Atalanta V Bologna

Bologna +1 AH @ 1.79 Betvictor

Atalanta are a good side but they have struggled in Serie A so far this season and I would speculate that playing in the Europa League is partly to blame.

Many will see this encounter with Bologna as a chance for 'normal service to resume' but I still feel this maybe a challenging match for the home side as Bologna are in a good momment. Roberto Donadoni's side are organised, have grafters in the middle of the pitch and are a menace on the counter-attack. If anything I think Bologna are better suited to playing away from home and they certainly have more of a cutting edge now that Palacio is in the team. Atalanta can be an exciting, swashbuckling team at times but they are known for their vulnerability to opposition counter-attacks and this is another reason why I like Bologna here.

Because it's a hard game to predict I would normally sit this one out but Atalanta are also missing key forward Alejandro Gomez for this match. He is their top performing player and has already contributed 3 goals and 3 assists in the league thus far.

Add the fact that Atalanta have not had much recovery time since Thursday into the mix and ELO advantage for home team is less than half a goal... You can see why +1 asian line for Bologna might be worth a punt here.

It's an interesting match between these two teams, let's see if Bologna can pickup a positive result here.