** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

This was a genuine question, not an implied criticism.

I must admit I have been looking at the selections at 7pm, as per the opening page on the site. I wasn't aware they were available at 5pm.

I had assumed that there would be some value filter in the selection process, apologies for this incorrect assumption.

I am still looking at the horse racing data sources, I will respond once I have come to any conclusion.

My 1st comment on this forum was

"First post on here but must congratulate you on your excellent tips"

As I stated in my original post, keep up the good work.

@MCLARKE here is the data for the Naps Selections since Aug 2017 for your information

Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Total
20.12 12.21 -2.38 -0.30 37.18 66.83

145.00    Total Staked
66.83    Flat Profit
46.09%    ROI
3.90    Average Odds
90    Losers
55    Winners
145    Runners
37.93%    Strike Rate
25.67%    Expected Strike Rate
37.22    Expected Winners
1.48    IV
12.34    ELLR

Edited by Bubbles180

Jans Stats @MCLARKE
23.00    Total Staked    
-2.51    Flat Profit       
-10.91%    ROI    
4.96    Average Losing Odds    
3.42    Average Winning Odds    
4.52    Average Odds    
17    Losers    
6    Winners    
23    Runners    
26.09%    Strike Rate    
22.12%    Expected Strike Rate    
5.09    Expected Winners    
1.18    IV    
19.47    ELLR    

Edited by Bubbles180

23 minutes ago, Birchy said:

@Bubbles180

Forgive my stupidity, but what is IV and ELLR?

As you are a fellow betfair user, have you tried laying  <= 4/1 and backing everything else?

IV = Impact Value

This is if the value is below 1.00 then the selections are running below expectation and a loss is more common, if above then they are running above expectation and should make a profit.

ELLR = Estimated Longest Losing Run

This estimates the longest losing run basec on the current strike rate and updates based on that figure.

Im not a big layer of horses but yes i do lay the odds on sometimes, I dont back all selections as a huge bank would be required i do back thsm using my own filter systems.

23 hours ago, Bubbles180 said:

ELLR = Estimated Longest Losing Run

This estimates the longest losing run basec on the current strike rate and updates based on that figure.

What is the ELLR for both sides in the Conflict Cup and the doubles. 

• 3 weeks later...

Soooooo,  I started backing the PL tips in December, which turned out to be the worst month in history.

Then I decided to recoup my losses by backing only the NAPS. 17 bets, 2 winners so far.

I hereby offer my most sincere apologies to you all for jinxing the PL tips and have requested that "Birchy's Luck" be added to the Oxford dictionary, next to "Sod's Law". :$

Good luck guys and gals, hope my curse will lift soon. :ok

I don't think its Birchy's Luck but its definitely Birchy's something!

the voice of doom rocks up once again, the most negative guy I know.

Just go and find something else to whinge about, you are obviously a poor gambler, switching from one thing to another. I see you were even asking how to do Speed figs.

Just to balance things out, the tips made an overall profit last month, are in front this month (speak too soon), the Naps ended in profit last month too. The Top 10 tracks thread is in profit again, the overall Naps thread is in profit.  Give me some credit, just a tiny little bit maybe.....

Please don't go on about prices, BOG etc.. I can only publish whats available at the time i post them.

To be fair the Naps are doing crap this month buts thats my fault, I pick them, simple as that, we all have bad runs , I apologise, hey, try picking your own:ok

Good luck in your quest for an easy life scrounging off others:lol

@Birchy as Billy says mate seems to be your luck, their are many ways using PL Tips to make money, you just have to be a judge on what is best for you as a backer, You say you lost in December and now in February but had you backed In January you would have made 21.50 pt profit which would have got some of your december losses back, as Billy says its no good switching from 1 system to another you need to make a decision on one system or several smaller ones as a portfolio and run them for at least 3 to 6 months and make sure your bank is sufficient to cover losses, their are plenty of stats info in the forum to help you. 

Geez, lighten up billy! I wasn't having a dig or being the "voice of doom". I was simply saying that I'VE had bad luck and have made some bad decisions (ie switching strategies at the worst possible time).

That does NOT imply the tips are poor, I'm just backing the wrong ones. :loon

20 hours ago, Birchy said:

Geez, lighten up billy! I wasn't having a dig or being the "voice of doom". I was simply saying that I'VE had bad luck and have made some bad decisions (ie switching strategies at the worst possible time).

That does NOT imply the tips are poor, I'm just backing the wrong ones. :loon

Have to agree with @BillyHills - you are very negative in your posts in general. Whether you mean to be or not, only you know, but you just state the obvious and repeat over and over - it's a bit mindnumbing to be honest. :loon 

@donal the 4/1+ Sheet is updated at the end of the month, is done upto Jan 2018, I have not done a sheet for Billys system but you can check them by using the filter on the 4/1+ stats sheet, will try to do it for Feb when the tracks have been published.

Edited by Bubbles180

On 19/02/2018 at 8:15 PM, Birchy said:

Soooooo,  I started backing the PL tips in December, which turned out to be the worst month in history.

Then I decided to recoup my losses by backing only the NAPS. 17 bets, 2 winners so far.

I hereby offer my most sincere apologies to you all for jinxing the PL tips and have requested that "Birchy's Luck" be added to the Oxford dictionary, next to "Sod's Law". :$

Good luck guys and gals, hope my curse will lift soon. :ok

First off I want to say the tips are good tips as I now follow them and have done for 3 weeks all 4/1 + and I am making a profit. However birchy you need to be aware of how important odds are in the making of profit. 

It is essential you take early prices as advised on the tips page. You also MUST take bog. The tips make an average of around 2 points a day profit. If you are taking prices which are a point shorter here and there or not taking bog so missing a point here and there then you are losing the long term profit. 

I have been accused here of working for a rival etc but certainly not. I think this is a good site and will use it until I'm limited but I am spreading my stakes very finely as well as placing mug bets to try to keep my accounts open. As taking early prices is something flagged up very quick to bookies

Any way keep up the good work guys 

Edited by evertorial

Hi guys have updated the 4/1 + (4/1 to 25/1 odds) stats sheet to show monthly stats as well now, upto Jan 2018 including Bets, wins, S/R, P&L and ROI

Have also gone through each month and found that the longest bank drawdown on any month, within the month period, and overall is 65 points, i dont believe in LLR overall just monthly, as each month you start with a new bank so to me it does not matter if you have a LLR of 50 and that may happen 3 or 4 times a year (which is true) if you settle your bank monthly, this would only effect any one doing 3, 6 or 12 month runs, even doing that the longest draw down on your original starting bank is only 16 points in 18 months, therefore if you started in Aug 2016 with a 100 point bank and backed at 1% of the bank, the lowest ever point of your bank would have been 84 points, if you did that your bank would stand at the end of JAN 2018 at 1,499.39 in total a P&L of 1,399.39.

Edited by Bubbles180

hi bubbles forgive me im a bit of a luddite i cant seem to find your your updated 4/1+  and  also you mentioned 4/1 to 12/1 leaving out irish tracks ect  is their a section on the forum that i am not reading re these  thanks again donal

13 hours ago, donal said:

bubbles forgive me if you think im oversteping the mark but is it possible to show whold it be a profit or loss situation if  one punted all the gordon elliot horses ridden by jack kennedy   thank you donal

Hope this is what you wanted

Trainer G Elliot Jockey J Kennedy
P&L      
Type All Non Hcap Hcap
All -87.33 3.03 -90.36
Chase 30.53 36.01 -5.48
Hurdle -117.86 -32.98 -84.88

Strike Rate      
Type All Non Hcap Hcap
All 19.25% 22.99% 13.38%
Chase 23.08% 25.37% 18.92%
Hurdle 17.60% 21.88% 11.28%
Edited by Bubbles180

• 2 weeks later...

hi bubbles  looking back over the monthly daily tips challenge  luckypants and bymatrix seem to have a reasonable strike rate most months is it possible to see what the yeild would be for a 1pt win on their daily selection from when they started posting hope your enjoying cheltenham