** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > Oct 9th - 11th

fatrophyodds.jpg

nonleague1.jpg

nonleague2.jpg

A selection of midweek non-league matches coming up. I was hoping to attend the Merthyr Town game but got a feeling I'll either be drowning my sorrows or boozing due to celebration so tomorrow might be a write-off!

Although my heart, body and soul will be concentrating on the World Cup Qualifier at the Cardiff City stadium tonight there are two non league games being played - one in the Evostik Northern Premier and one in the Evostik Southern Premier.

Shaw Lane lost their top slot after losing on Saturday and are now second on goal difference. They take on Buxton with both teams probably eyeing the weekend FA Cup games against Vanarama National League opposition. Shaw Lane do have perhaps an advantage of not having to play their game until Sunday.

Shaw Lane are sharing the goals around but on the Buxtom team Liam Hardy has stolen a march being second in the league scoring stakes with 11 so far - only one from the penalty spot.

On the face of it Buxton's away form has been pretty impressive and may well belie their current place in the table of 13th. However, when you look at the sides they have played on the road no team currently sits higher than 9th. So tonight's test is probably their toughest thus far. Shaw Lane have won 5 out of their 6 home league games.

In the south two teams come together in a probable relegation battle as Dorchester take on beleaguered Gosport Borough. Gosport have picked up one point thus far this term - an away draw at 21st placed Kings Langley.

Dorchester don't seem to have players in their squad that can play for a full 90. Of their four home games so far this term they have won in their first but lost all the others conceding 6 of the 9 in total in the second half.

Surely, though they can secure a victory tonight as Gosport struggle with the embargo and an ever growing injury list. Manager Catlin has said that things will get worse before they can get better.

http://www.gosportboroughfc.co.uk/news/catlin-things-will-get-worse-before-they-get-bette-2021703.html

Gosport have lost 4 of their 5 away games so far this season by the margin of 2-0

Monday night's bets:

Double: Shaw Lane and Dorchester Town to win - Coral at 2.98 - 1 point

Correct score: Dorchester Town 2 Gosport Borough 0 - William Hill at 11 - 0.5 point

Good luck if you decide to play

Come on Wales - Don't take me home!!!

--------------------

Opening balance -1.90.

Dorchester oblige with a 7-2 rout over Gosport and Shaw Lane secure a 2-0 victory to land the double.

The correct score landed after minute 31. It's just the other 59 where I failed.

Worth noting that Dorchester again concede twice in the second half. Fitness and concentration are not their strong points

Balance +1.07

Edited by murther
Scores update

A pleasing day on Saturday with Dulwich, Slough and Hednesford all winning to make a nice little profit. We have just step 3 fixtures this mid week, but I like the look of 5 aways.

Marine v Stalybridge
I made 3 ante-post tips in the Evo-Stik Premier, Warrington and Altrincham who are 1st and 3rd respectively and Stalybridge. I thought they would go well with Steve Burr in charge, but it was all a bit of disaster to start with as they made a very poor start. Things have turned a corner though and they have won 3 and drawn 1 of their last 4 league games. They were really good when winning 4-1 against Matlock on Saturday. Now strangely all those games have been at home and they have lost all 6 of their away games conceding 19 goals in the process. That is a small concern, but I think they are a different side now so hopefully they can transfer the home form to their travels especially as they face weak opponents here. Marine have only got 4 points, all from draws, in their last 10 games and their only win at home came in their first home game of the season. They lost the next 5 before drawing against Grantham. BetVictor are best about an away win at 31/20.

Rushall Olympic v Barwell
Barwell come into this on the back of a very good 1-0 win over Shaw Lane on Saturday which was Shaw Lane's first defeat after 5 victories on the bounce. Barwell have won 4 of their last 6 now and are in and around the play-off positions. Rushall are currently bottom of the table and are leaking goals for fun. Their last two games have seen them lose 7-1 and 4-0 and they have conceded 25 in their last 10 games. Barwell look much the stronger team here and BetVictor are biggest at 11/10.

Witton Albion v Workington
Here we have two sides with very contrasting form at the moment. Workington are rising up the table nicely having won 4 on the bounce and they have won 6 of their last 8. Witton meanwhile have lost 5 on the bounce and 6 of their last 7 with the only win coming against Stalybridge when they were badly out of form. Workington look set for another play-off bid and BetVictor are biggest at 31/20.

Biggleswade v Kettering
I have opposed Biggleswade in 2 of their last 3 games and they lost both to Kings Lynn and Slough. Those teams are currently in 2nd and 4th in the table. Tuesday they face the team who are top and are finally putting it all together after a couple of disappointing seasons. They have been superb so far winning 9 and losing 1 of their 10 league games. Saturday arguably saw their best performance of the season when thrashing a good Merthyr side 5-0 and they could have scored more. Biggleswade have now lost 3 of their last 4 and as long as Kettering don't get complacent this should be win number 10 of the season. Paddy Power are best at 13/10.

Farnborough v Weymouth
This game takes place on Wednesday night and Weymouth look a solid bet here. They have won 6 of their last 9 games and are currently in 7th place. Now on the face of it beating Kings Lynn 3-1 was a very good result, but actually the report in the paper suggests they were rather lucky to win the game. Even so they face an easier opponent here and are obviously in good form in general. The home side lost to Dunstable on Saturday in what was that teams first win of the season. They did have a spell recently where they won 3 and drew 1, but either side of those 4 games results have been poor. I think the away side can win this and look a fair price at Marathon's 67/50,

Stalybridge 1pt @ 31/20 with BetVictor
Barwell 2pts @ 11/10 with BetVictor
Workington 2pts @ 31/20 with BetVictor
Kettering 1pt at 13/10 with Paddy Power
Weymouth 2pts at 67/50 with Marathon