** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > Sep 25th - 27th

murther

After last Monday's win from the jaws of defeat tonight's Monday offering is decided on the one league game in the Evostik Southern League.

A 40 mile road trip for the visitors to Top Field St. Ives Town find themselves in the bottom three with an opening day away win at Weymouth. Since then they have suffered three losses on the road. According to the match report on Saturday at Farnborough they should have had a more positive result playing ten men until they too had a man sent off in the second half giving the home team the impetus.

There is an ever growing injury list and with such a quick turnaround theremay be more doom and gloom around 21:45 tonight. One point made in the match report, of which a significant indication can be gained is their inability to not concede in the first half. Apart from  the win at Weymouth they have conceded in their last three in the first 45.

In contrast Hitchin have players coming back to fitness.Two of which started on Saturday against Basingstoke and one of them scored the winner. Thseir current position of 18th in the league is, I believe, a false one,and with two wins in their last two home games and with momentum gaining another positive result should be forthcoming.

Hitchin have scored in the first half three out of four home games and do not see any reason why this can't happen again tonight.

With my 3.20 point profit from last Monday I am investing 1 point on the half time result - Hitchin to be winning at half time - Bet365 at 2.38

I have also taken half a point on the half time / full time market - Hitchin / Hitchin - 888Sport at 3.00

Balance: +1.70 point

Good luck if you decide to play

no dice. An early goal for Stives meant catch up over the 90

0-1 at half time and 2-2 at the 90

Edited by murther
Result notification

• StevieDay1983 changed the title to Non-League Predictions > Sep 25th - 27th

nonleague1.jpg

nonleague2.jpg

nonleague3.jpg

An obscure selection of midweek games from the non-league section this week. I attended the Merthyr Town versus Royston Town game on Saturday. What a match! Merthyr really should have won by 3-4 goals but couldn't take their chances. I saw enough to make me have faith that they could take something from their game against Tiverton tomorrow. It'll be tough but Williams has got them playing nice football this season. It's going to click big time at some point.

Profit on Saturday, but it did feel like a day that was so close to a big profit and so can't help but feel a little frustrated how it ended up. There are 3 bets in the Evo-Stik South Premier that I like tonight.

Kings Lynn v Biggleswade

Both these sides have had very good starts to the season especially the home side who have won 6 of their 8 league games so far. They had a very good result on Saturday when out playing Tiverton who were only losing their 2nd league game of the season. They have had a fairly kind fixture list, but Saturday's win proved they are capable of a promotion challenge this term. Biggleswade don't seem quite as good on the road as they are at home and lacked a cutting edge when going down 1-0 at Redditch on Saturday. This is another very tough away game for them and at 6/5 with Marathon I think the home side are worth backing.

Stratford Town v Chesham

Chesham have lost their last 3 away games losing 5-0 and then 3-1 twice. It was Kettering who beat them 3-1 on Saturday but that doesn't tell the whole story. Kettering were 1 up at the time their goalkeeper got sent off. With no sub keeper on the bench their captain had to go in goal. Despite that Chesham never looked like winning the game and it was another disappointing effort from them. Stratford are unbeaten at home having drawn 3 and then winning 2-0 against Gosport on Saturday. Now Gosport are terrible, but they have drawn against Merthyr and Redditch so that proves they are holding their own against the better sides in the division at home. They look over priced at 67/50 with Marathon.

St Neots v Royston

St Neots have really improved in the last couple of weeks or so. They got a really good result on Saturday beating Slough 3-1 and it was a deserved victory as well against one of the best sides in the division. In their previous home game they ran out very easy 5-0 winners against Dorchester. Royston are a solid side, but they have lost their last two on the road and didn't play that well against Merthyr on Saturday. With St Neots full of confidence at the moment I think it is worth taking the 36/25 about a home win.

Kings Lynn 1pt @ 6/5 with Marathon

Stratford Town 2pts @ 67/50 with Marathon

St Neots 1pt at 36/25 with Marathon

An update to my post. I have just checked and Marathon are now worse price on the above 3 bets (I am guessing because of the post). If you have a Betstars account (I don't) they are best on them all at the moment, but best to check oddschecker I would say.

Edited by Darran
Price changes

I think there's just enough in the price of 7/2 to have a modest dart on Bodmin Town this evening in their FA Cup replay at Bideford. The first leg was a 1-1 draw, when Bodmin (two steps below in the non-league pyramid) conceded a very early soft goal and then reportedly had most of the possession and two disallowed goals before gaining a deserved late equaliser.

Bodmin had already had 3 matches to get to this stage of the Cup. They were all straight away wins. Bodmin have played once since the first leg against Bideford - winning away yet again (6-1 in the FA Vase). They are unbeaten in 5 games in September (winning 4).

Bideford have lost their last 3 home league games (Southern Div 1 S & W) including their match (v Wimborne) since the game at Bodmin. 

Bideford v Bodmin Town (7/2 Betfred).