** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

October 2 - October 8

Tomas Berdych (-3) to beat Jared Donaldson at 1.87 with Pinnacle

Although Berdych didn't win any of his matches in the Laver Cup, he played better than expected. Donaldson will be a decent drop in quality and the Czech really should be hungry after such an average season, so I believe that the energy from Prague will translate into a good performance against an opponent he should (still) be beating fairly easily.

TennisThread.png

V. Lepchenko - L.Tsurenko : V.Lepchenko at @1.72

I think Lepchenko is more aggressive than Tsurenko. Also, the statistic is showing 4-1 for Lepchenko.

G.Muguruza - B.Strycova: Currently line games for Strycova are +3.5 ( at @2.00), you can play this on live when the line is over +4.5.

Strycova is a very consistent player, even I think she can bet the Spanish player. Muguruza on other hand is showing very often up and downs, and as I've mentioned previously she lacks self-confidence.

A. Pavlyuchenkova - C.Wozniaki: -3.5 games for Wozniacki @1.80

Wozniacki is on fire, she won Tokyo against Pavlyuchenkova, and she is playing really good tennis at the moment. We shouldn't underestimate Pavlyuchenkova, but I don't think she is capable to win this game after watching here yesterday against L. Davis.

Good Luck!

3 hours ago, shikovd said:

V. Lepchenko - L.Tsurenko : V.Lepchenko at @1.72

I think Lepchenko is more aggressive than Tsurenko. Also, the statistic is showing 4-1 for Lepchenko.

G.Muguruza - B.Strycova: Currently line games for Strycova are +3.5 ( at @2.00), you can play this on live when the line is over +4.5.

Strycova is a very consistent player, even I think she can bet the Spanish player. Muguruza on other hand is showing very often up and downs, and as I've mentioned previously she lacks self-confidence.

A. Pavlyuchenkova - C.Wozniaki: -3.5 games for Wozniacki @1.80

Wozniacki is on fire, she won Tokyo against Pavlyuchenkova, and she is playing really good tennis at the moment. We shouldn't underestimate Pavlyuchenkova, but I don't think she is capable to win this game after watching here yesterday against L. Davis.

Good Luck!

I see Wozniacki as well and PCB today :)

I can't help myselft thinking that Grigor to win 2:0 @ evs is a steal.Grigor is totally different animal and this is a tournament he has history in.He has a lot of points to defend and should be fully concentrated and knowing that Dzhumur could trouble him if underrestimated.On the other hand Dzhumur comes in a good form but i think this could cost him a lot.He must be tired and this big wins might exhaust him psychologically.Dimitrov is fully rested and with a cool head.2:0 or under 21.5 both @ evs with bet365

5 minutes ago, CzechPunter said:

Sock was injured, so I can swallow that. Berdych, on the other hand....yeah, I won't be betting on him for a long time I guess.

yesss, very poor game in the second set. I don't know whether it happens only in tennis but very often the players calm down after start winning and then it comes such results 6-0... It's strange. :) Then they start to catch up. 

He won just SIX (!) points during the second set. Six points against Donaldson, man, that's either a complete disaster or something shady. Obviously Donaldson is a talented lad, but come on, six points after crushing him in the first set? One of those 2017 occurrences I guess.

Diego Schwartzman (-2.5) to beat Bernard Tomic at 1.73 with Paddy Power

I guess this is a bit risky considering that the Tokyo surface is fairly quick, but Diego had no problems against Young in the first round and I doubt Tomic is in the same class as him at the moment. Also, Diego has the best possible playing style to beat Tomic, just frustrating him to no end with defensive masterclasses.

1 minute ago, Robinnho said:

Good Luck!

What do you think of M. Niculescu beating S. Peng?

Hi Robinnho,

Considering Peng has the home advantage I wouldn't bet on player outcome. If you check the H2H between these two, all five games finished in 3 sets. So over the games is a good option. Another bet I would take will be handicap games for Niculescu but I believe the line will be very low. So over the games ;) 

1 minute ago, shikovd said:

Hi Robinnho,

Considering Peng has the home advantage I wouldn't bet on player outcome. If you check the H2H between these two, all five games finished in 3 sets. So over the games is a good option. Another bet I would take will be handicap games for Niculescu but I believe the line will be very low. So over the games ;) 

Hi Shikovd,

Thanks.

18 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

He won just SIX (!) points during the second set. Six points against Donaldson, man, that's either a complete disaster or something shady. Obviously Donaldson is a talented lad, but come on, six points after crushing him in the first set? One of those 2017 occurrences I guess.

Diego Schwartzman (-2.5) to beat Bernard Tomic at 1.73 with Paddy Power

I guess this is a bit risky considering that the Tokyo surface is fairly quick, but Diego had no problems against Young in the first round and I doubt Tomic is in the same class as him at the moment. Also, Diego has the best possible playing style to beat Tomic, just frustrating him to no end with defensive masterclasses.

Good call @ChechPunter!

heh, yeah.. not a problem! Sorry, if someone bet on this. JMDP had the leading in both sets, but one double fault in the end of the first set and a lot of unforced errors in the second set give the Dimitrov advantage. :) there are such days... tomorrow is a new day. 

I hate to write predictions (obviously from my previous posts) but here some for tomorrow ;) 

Singles:

Svitolina -4.5 games against Vesnina @1.83

Svitolina is in top 3 players this year with 48-11 win-loss record (or 81.4 winning %), while Vesnina is with 22-20 (or 52.4 winning %).
To continue Svitolina won 49.4% return points which make her top1 for 2017 calendar, while Vesnina is in 23rd place with 44.9%. As additional Svitolina is top2 with 54.4% total points won after Serena and before Pliskova.
Svitolina has one month time to recover and train after US Open and this is her first tournament since then. She was very solid versus Barty and I'm pretty sure that she could win this more easily if she wanted.
On other hand Vesnina is a mid-range player, she had some difficulties against 99th in the World Duan Y. and she was broke two times in an easy game. She is not a consistent player.
Svitolina drop one service game against Barty, but Barty for me is one of the future top10 players, otherwise, the result might be different.

Prediction: Easy win for Svitolina and to control the match.

J.Ostapenko to beat S.Peng @1.53

Yes, Peng has the home advantage but this doesn't make her winner here. Peng is a very inconsistent player, and if you watched her against Niculescu from 19 games 11 were breaks...
Ostapenko is young and hungry for victories, less experienced but she has the talent to be number1 if she continues to learn and practice more on some aspects (1st serve, 2nd serve, unforced errors and sometimes to be more patience). 

Since US Open Peng has 4 wins and 2 loses, only one of the wins was unexpected from me - against Kvitova but Kvitova after the injury is still searching her rhythm. While Ostapenko is unstoppable, only 1 loss against Barty (future top 10 player :)).
I won't give and percentages here because these two players are very inconsistent in their performance, however, I believe Ostapenko will take this match.

Prediction: Match with a lot of unforced errors, and hopefully Ostapenko will do less :)

Wozniacki to beat Kvitova @1.66

Wozniacki has 43-11 win-loss or 80% winning matches, while Kvitova is with 17-9 or 65%. A lot of statistic for these players but it won't help because Kvitova is still trying to find her best form after the injury.
Kvitova played 6 tournaments after grass over and she had a very good strike on US Open but only this, on all other matches she was very inconsistent and losses from average players. She had to work a lot to beat Kristina Pliskova and Lepchenko which means she is not her best form.
Now for Wozniacki, she played 3 finals and won only one, besides the lost from Sakkari (who played very well this match). Wozniacki is having a very good winning strike. Currently, I think she and Svitolina are on top form at the moment.

Prediction: Tough match for Wozniacki but in my opinion, she will win this one.

A.Cornet - C.Garcia : over21.5 games @1.83

2-way match... :) both are in very good form, both have a very good winning strike but only one will win this match.

Carcia is on top of her form since US Open and has only one loss against Muguruza. She won Wuhan Open and I guess she will be a little tired despite she started from the 2nd round. Her victories are not against top players but currently, she is consistent and playing good tennis.
Cornet impressed me with her tennis lately and she also is on good strike with two losses since US Open. For me, she is an unpredictable player, one game she is playing really good on the next her unforced errors give the opponent a good advantage and she losing. 

Prediction: Tough game to predict but I think both will fight to proceed further in the next round.

B.Strycova to beat D.Gavrilova @1.83 (Risky)

Didn't have the chance to watch their last games, but Strycova is very experienced and strategic player, she knows how to win matches. I just checked their last meeting on August and saw a lot of breaks.
The percentages of 1st and 2nd serve, return points, etc were almost equal.

Prediction: My two cents on the more experienced player.

Accumulator:

Svitolina to beat Vesnina @1.28
Ostapenko to beat Peng @1.53
Corne vs Garcia : over 8.5 games in 1st set @1.36
Strycova vs Gavrilova: over 7.5 games in 1st set @1.12
==========================================================
Odd: 2.98

WTA Beijing finalists:

From what I saw until now 3 players have very big changes to win WTA Beijing - Halep, Wozniacki and Svitolina (it's still a little bit early for Svitolina but still...).

On the bottom draw, I don't see who can beat Halep. Pliskova? Ostapenko?, no ... Halep has a very good record against Pliskova 5-1. I cannot understand what Pliskova is doing on top4, even she was top1 for some weeks :D Como on, are the players cannot understand that everyone can beat her with drop shots and cross-court balls? She has only the service, that's it... nothing more.
Ostapenko, is young and inexperienced. I doubt that currently, she can beat Halep. Did you saw what Halep did with Sharapova and Rybarikova? She had problems only in the first set against Riske. Hence, Halep to proceed to the final. 

On the upper draw, from the last 8 players there I see that only Wozniacki or Svitolina can reach the final. The question is who from both? :) Svitolina has record 3-0 against Wozniacki but I don;t know whether she will have the training practice to beat Wozniacki. 

So my prediction for the final is Wozniacki vs Halep.

I think to bet on below ladies to win Beijing with the same amount:
Halep @ 5.50
Wozniacki @ 8.50
Svitolina @ 5.50

Good Luck!

DIMITROV @1.73

In my opinion Grigor is better in the ATP tour, bulgarian player have very good and stable serve, and he has well one-hand backhand. Bautista play interesting tennis, but tomorrow Dimitrov wins. They have 3 games between each over, and 2 matches won by the bulgarian. RBA won just 1 game. Grigor will be very aggresive and will play too good for RBA

51 minutes ago, goldenfamilysacco said:

DIMITROV @1.73

In my opinion Grigor is better in the ATP tour, bulgarian player have very good and stable serve, and he has well one-hand backhand. Bautista play interesting tennis, but tomorrow Dimitrov wins. They have 3 games between each over, and 2 matches won by the bulgarian. RBA won just 1 game. Grigor will be very aggresive and will play too good for RBA

Agree with you. Dimitrov had two difficult matches and he won in both, so my money goes to Dimitrov.