** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > Sep 23rd & 24th

doverwhite

Theres a lot for me to like in this weeks NL fixtures and some to my mind some very generous odds to be had.

Chester @ 9/4 v Maidenhead. I was at the Dover game to watch Chester get beaten 4 zip. The scoreline was somewhat flattering to Dover in what was Tom Shaws final game in charge as caretaker. One thing that really grabbed my attention, that even after the fourth goal went in Chester continued to play football right til the end, their heads never dropped and they seem a tight bunch of lads;  if they had won 1 nil as a Dover fan I would have thought a fair result on balance. 
Maidenhead continue to defy the preseason pundits with good results against on paper against much better opposition. Losing Tarpey was a big blow, they continue to score but they also  concede a goal a game on average.
Bignott having managed Solihull admirably in the NL and then Grimsby in L2 who were then flirting with the playoffs and he was then unceremoniously sacked?!? Bignott taking charge this week I can see them steadily climbing the table. He said in his unveiling that results need to be a priority, no s#*t. New manager effect to me is tosh, its the managers philosophy that he brings and whether the players buy into it. Shaw is still on the coaching staff and will be invaluable early on  and with  players looking to impress and with an expectant crowd Saturday I can see Chester winning this 1 or 2 nil. 
Home win all day long. NAP
--
AFC Fylde v Woking @ 16/5 Since I placed the bet on Monday Woking have drifted to 4/1. To be honest I was happy enough with 16/5 and thought that was a bargain, little did I know...
I think Fylde have found it difficult so far adapting to life in the NL, Bayliss it seems has a ton of money but has not translated that into points. They've had a couple of decent results v the so called 'bigger' teams, but its against the so called 'lesser lights' they've struggled, maybe its a case of underdog syndrome? 
Woking last week had a morale boosting victory v Sutton. I watched the highlights and read forums and even the card fans were thankful of a lacklustre Sutton frontline, only really securing the points in the seventh minute of added time. Manager Limbrick would of looked at the season as a whole and I think would of identified this match as a potential 3 points in fighting a tough season in there own mini league. Woking to edge it. 
Away win
--
Tranmere v Wrexham @ 5/1 What is going on there I wonder? Tranmere lose and I reckon the Prenton Park outfit will be looking for a new head coach.Mellon  is under immense pressure from the fans to secure promotion, and so far its not going to plan. This is the first of seven in eight matches against former League opposition. Tough times ahead or glory awaits. I think the former as Mellon according to Tranny fans doesnt know his best eleven yet alone his best formation;  442 says the faithful up north, and I agree with them, anything other and they'll get beat. 
Wrexham are a decent shout to get promoted this year, a bit more consistently is the key here. I did think pre season they moved on alot of deadwood and recruited fairly well and this will be a damn good test of where they are at, win here and the welsh dragons could well be spitting fire & brimstone. 
Away win. 

Have as usual for me have gone for a ridiculous acca £1 paying out £573813.46 in the NL, retirement awaits lol

Edited by doverwhite

• StevieDay1983 changed the title to Non-League Predictions > Sep 23rd

nationalodds.jpg

nationalnorth.jpg

nationalsouth.jpg

npl.jpg

ipd.jpg

slp.jpg

Thanks for getting this up, @doverwhite! Struggling to sleep was it? :lol

Here are the odds for this weekend's games. A lot to think about so let's get this tip-fest started!

• StevieDay1983 changed the title to Non-League Predictions > Sep 23rd & 24th
6 hours ago, doverwhite said:

Theres a lot for me to like in this weeks NL fixtures and some to my mind some very generous odds to be had.

Chester @ 9/4 v Maidenhead. I was at the Dover game to watch Chester get beaten 4 zip. The scoreline was somewhat flattering to Dover in what was Tom Shaws final game in charge as caretaker. One thing that really grabbed my attention, that even after the fourth goal went in Chester continued to play football right til the end, their heads never dropped and they seem a tight bunch of lads;  if they had won 1 nil as a Dover fan I would have thought a fair result on balance. 
Maidenhead continue to defy the preseason pundits with good results against on paper against much better opposition. Losing Tarpey was a big blow, they continue to score but they also  concede a goal a game on average.
Bignott having managed Solihull admirably in the NL and then Grimsby in L2 who were then flirting with the playoffs and he was then unceremoniously sacked?!? Bignott taking charge this week I can see them steadily climbing the table. He said in his unveiling that results need to be a priority, no s#*t. New manager effect to me is tosh, its the managers philosophy that he brings and whether the players buy into it. Shaw is still on the coaching staff and will be invaluable early on  and with  players looking to impress and with an expectant crowd Saturday I can see Chester winning this 1 or 2 nil. 
--
AFC Fylde v Woking @ 16/5 Since I placed the bet on Monday Woking have drifted to 4/1. To be honest I was happy enough with 16/5 and thought that was a bargain, little did I know...
I think Fylde have found it difficult so far adapting to life in the NL, Bayliss it seems has a ton of money but has not translated that into points. They've had a couple of decent results v the so called 'bigger' teams, but its against the so called 'lesser lights' they've struggled, maybe its a case of underdog syndrome? 
Woking last week had a morale boosting victory v Sutton. I watched the highlights and read forums and even the card fans were thankful of a lacklustre Sutton frontline, only really securing the points in the seventh minute of added time. Manager Limbrick would of looked at the season as a whole and I think would of identified this match as a potential 3 points in fighting a tough season in there own mini league. Woking to edge it. 
Away win
--
Tranmere v Wrexham @ 5/1 What is going on there I wonder? Tranmere lose and I reckon the Prenton Park outfit will be looking for a new head coach.Mellon  is under immense pressure from the fans to secure promotion, and so far its not going to plan. This is the first of seven in eight matches against former League opposition. Tough times ahead or glory awaits. I think the former as Mellon according to Tranny fans doesnt know his best eleven yet alone his best formation;  442 says the faithful up north, and I agree with them, anything other and they'll get beat. 
Wrexham are a decent shout to get promoted this year, a bit more consistently is the key here. I did think pre season they moved on alot of deadwood and recruited fairly well and this will be a damn good test of where they are at, win here and the welsh dragons could well be spitting fire & brimstone. 
Away win. 

Have as usual for me have gone for a ridiculous acca £1 paying out £573813.46 in the NL, retirement awaits lol

Great post. :ok We're shares on the half mill right? :unsure 

That Wrexham price is interesting. Looking back over their previous games I see they've had 5 clean sheets in their last 6 games. Seems like a solid bet which should be much shorter than the 6.7 that's currently on offer with Marathon. Only pain is that I can't get any more than £40 on it!

14 hours ago, doverwhite said:

--
Away win
--

Struggling to see how much of a case could be made for Woking, indeed I wanted to back Fylde but the price is too short. Woking's away form is shocking and the fact their keeper got man of the match on Saturday tells you all you need to know about how fortunate they were to win. Bar the Tarpey 4 goal game Fylde have some good results at home, just drawing too many. Think the fact so many teams are drawing plenty is another reason why the quality is poor in the National League this season.

Last Saturday saw a small profit and yet another big price Nap going in. The Nap's have certainly been performing very well so far this season. Annoyingly the Billericay bets on Sunday came unstuck which they shouldn't have because they should have been out of sight before Thamesmead scored and then Billericay went down to 10 men. It was no surprise they won the replay 5-0 on Tuesday, but no handicap betting was available. It is quite a busy week for me this week as I like bets in 8 matches.

Chester v Maidenhead

I am hoping to make it 3rd time lucky with Chester on Saturday. I think Chester have made a good managerial signing in Marcus Bignott who did a great job to get Solihull promoted to the National League and will have learnt plenty from his time at Grimsby in League 2. I think Chester are in a bit of a false position as I think they have a decent enough squad and I expect they will climb up the table now. They did get thumped 4-0 by Dover last week, but they didn't play too badly. The big thing for them is to get a win at home given it has been so long since they tasted success at home. I think that was down to the fact Jon McCarthy wasn't up to the job and hopefully Bignott can bring about instant change. This won't be a gimmie by any means as Alan Devonshire's Maidenhead continue to defy the odds. Even without Tarpey they have still been winning games and currently sit in 6th. I just think though that there isn't anywhere near as much difference between these two sides as their league positions or betting suggests. Marathon go 59/25 about a home win and I would make them no bigger than 6/4 shots.

Guiseley v Dover

Having put up Dover last Tuesday night when they drew with Barrow I was cursing not putting them up on Saturday at Wrexham so was pleased when Wrexham got that late equaliser. It was another good performance from them though since Paul Cox took over and performances have certainly improved. Only Hartlepool have beaten them at home so far and although Dover have won 4 out of 5 away games I think this will be a tougher test for them than the bookies prices suggest. Chris Kinnear has done a fine job with what is basically a brand new side this season, but I can't help but think they are a bit flattered by their league position at the moment. If Guiseley can go to Wrexham and Barrow and get draws then they have a good chance of beating Dover at home. Bet 365 are biggest about a home win at 3/1.

Maidstone v Gateshead

Maidstone have 18 points and 17 of them have come in their previous 8 games a run where they have had only had one defeat at Hartlepool. They have won 3 on the bounce as well and were really impressive in beating Macclesfield 4-1 last Saturday. They finished strongly last season and bar the first 3 games of this one they have carried that on this time around. They have yet to taste defeat on their 3G pitch this season and I think they can make it 4 wins on the bounce against Gateshead. The away side have yet to win on their travels this season and although they picked up draws at Ebbsfleet and Sutton they were very much 2nd best in both games. I think there is just enough in Maidstone's price of just over even money with Marathon to get involved.

Tranmere v Wrexham

Whatever result happens in this game the prices for the match are one of the most ludicrous set of prices I have seen. How on earth can anyone have priced up Tranmere as short as 8/15 I will never know. They are a best price of 8/13 and that stinks as well. As much as I still think Tranmere have the potential to win the league, their current form should not make them 8/13 shots to beat a Wrexham side who are 5 points in front of them in the table. In my ante-post preview I wrote how I liked the Wrexham side, but they lacked a goalscorer and that has proven to be the case as they have only scored 9 goals so far. Given the way the league is this season they might well still be able to mount a title challenge even without a proven goal scorer. How on earth they are bigger than 5/1 I don't know, but I am not going to back them in that market. Tranmere have also struggled for goals and have only scored 8 themselves. Both defences have done well as well as Wrexham have conceded 6 and Tranmere 8. Now they will probably play out a 3-3 thriller now, but those stats clearly point towards a very tight game. So I am going to back No Goalscorer which is 17/2 with Bet 365 (just in case you aren't aware if an own goal is scored then you still get paid out on this market whereas you wouldn't obviously if you backed 0-0), I am going to back a Wrexham 1-0 win which is 14/1 with Betfred and finally back Wrexham in the draw no bet market at 73/20 with Marathon.

Kidderminster v Blyth Spartans

Into the National League North where I have 3 bets this week. Blyth have been impressive in their first season back at this level and currently sit in 4th place in the league. They have won their last 4 league matches and their only away defeat came in their first road trip of the season to Alfreton. They have won their other 4 and although they haven't come against clubs who should be troubling the play-offs they have clearly been playing well. The home side on the other-hand have been struggling so far this season and look a fair way off the side who did so well last term. No they have only lost once at home, but this is potentially their toughest home fixture yet and Blyth are too big at 3/1 (Bet 365).

Leamington v Bradford Park Avenue

Bradford landed the Nap selection with ease last Saturday and I am going to make them the Nap's again this weekend. They are unbeaten in 7 in the league and that FA Cup win against Southport continued the superb run. They travel to a Leamington side who have lost all 5 of their home games so far. They struggled in the FA Cup last Saturday as well only beating Westfields with two 90th minute goals. Betway's 17/10 about an away win looks a nice price.

Nuneaton v Southport

It is a shame Southport aren't playing another half decent side so I could continue opposing them, but their shocking run of form continued against BPA last weekend. They were outclassed yet again and they desperately need players back. Now Nuneaton haven't won in 6 league games so they come with risk attached for sure, but they did avoid a Cup upset against a good Kings Lynn side last Saturday. A performance like that should be enough to win this and at just under 6/4 with Marathon I am prepared to back a home win.

Billericay v Tooting & Mitcham

As mentioned at the start the Billericay bets should have been winners on Sunday, but that is football and hopefully we can get some money back here. Against the lesser sides in the Bostik Premier Billericay have been totally dominate and scored plenty of goals. Tooting have yet to win in the league this season and have conceded 19 goals in 7 games. Billericay meanwhile have score 21. Jake Robinson continues to score for fun and it wouldn't surprise me if he gets 50 this season. They should have another comfortable afternoon here and the 19/10 with Betfred to overcome the -2 handicap looks more than fair.

Chester 1pt @ 59/25 with Marathon

Guiseley 1pt @ 3/1 with Bet365

Maidstone 1.5pts @ 107/100 with Marathon

Tranmere v Wrexham 1pt no goalscorer @ 17/2 with Bet365. 0.5pts 1-0 Wrexham @ 14/1 with Betfred and 1pt Wrexham draw no bet at 73/20 with Marathon

Blyth Spartans 1pt @ 3/1 with Bet365

Bradford Park Avenue 2pts @ 17/10 with Betway

Nuneaton 1pt @ 6/4 with Marathon

Billericay -2 1.5pts @ 19/10 Betfred

7 hours ago, Darran said:

Struggling to see how much of a case could be made for Woking, indeed I wanted to back Fylde but the price is too short. Woking's away form is shocking and the fact their keeper got man of the match on Saturday tells you all you need to know about how fortunate they were to win. Bar the Tarpey 4 goal game Fylde have some good results at home, just drawing too many. Think the fact so many teams are drawing plenty is another reason why the quality is poor in the National League this season.

I see where you are coming from. I felt it is a value bet purely as I think these two sides are evenly matched. I looked at Woking's away form too, shocking as you say but looking closer and see who've they've played and that hopefully explains why I am backing them.

Great preview as always from yourself Darran

Excellent previews, lads.

I was all over Blyth Spartans as soon as the 3/1 emerged on Wednesday - frankly anything above 6/4 is likely to be a gift. How the bookies can make the home side odds on is beyond belief (like Tranmere, as Darran remarks too).

Kidderminster are literally not the same side as last season. They have signed injured players (Lee Vaughan), lost the entire defence, lost their star man (Arthur Gnahoua) to Shrewsbury, have injury doubts tomorrow over last season's stalwarts James McQuilkin and Ryan Croasdale, not to mention their expensive signing Dan Bradley who has only featured spasmodically and is again doubtful tomorrow. One of the rare decent loan signings, Will Longbottom, was injured in the Cup tie last weekend and has returned to Doncaster. Of the others from last season Joe Ironside and Elton Ngwatala are either carrying injuries or are disinterested (it's hard to tell).

Kidderminster persist in playing square balls across the pitch in their own half with little invention or purpose. Opposing teams sit back and relax until the inevitable attempt at a champagne pass gives them the ball, whereupon they strike on the counter against a defence which is shaky in the extreme. Blyth could do some serious damage if they are as decent as reports suggest, and 15/2 for Blyth on the -1 handicap is also great value.

I fancy chelmsford(high time to bounce back after a serie of runs without victory in the league),harrogate(can continue on their great form,they are on fire),st ives(not big difference between these 2 sides,home team hasn't a good home record,price is generous and worth to take a chance),hereford(weymouth home form is not so good),telford(can overcome that opponent,away form is great,scored a lot of goals away,odd generous to try)

I have a six fold accumulator: shaw lane,coalville,warrington,workington,banbury,kettering.

On 21/09/2017 at 3:57 AM, doverwhite said:

--
Away win
--
Away win. 

Not sure how you got on with your Acca but I put a squid on your treble tips and you have returned me just over a hundred fold

many thanks

On 21/09/2017 at 9:13 PM, Darran said:

Last Saturday saw a small profit and yet another big price Nap going in. The Nap's have certainly been performing very well so far this season. Annoyingly the Billericay bets on Sunday came unstuck which they shouldn't have because they should have been out of sight before Thamesmead scored and then Billericay went down to 10 men. It was no surprise they won the replay 5-0 on Tuesday, but no handicap betting was available. It is quite a busy week for me this week as I like bets in 8 matches.

Chester v Maidenhead

I am hoping to make it 3rd time lucky with Chester on Saturday. I think Chester have made a good managerial signing in Marcus Bignott who did a great job to get Solihull promoted to the National League and will have learnt plenty from his time at Grimsby in League 2. I think Chester are in a bit of a false position as I think they have a decent enough squad and I expect they will climb up the table now. They did get thumped 4-0 by Dover last week, but they didn't play too badly. The big thing for them is to get a win at home given it has been so long since they tasted success at home. I think that was down to the fact Jon McCarthy wasn't up to the job and hopefully Bignott can bring about instant change. This won't be a gimmie by any means as Alan Devonshire's Maidenhead continue to defy the odds. Even without Tarpey they have still been winning games and currently sit in 6th. I just think though that there isn't anywhere near as much difference between these two sides as their league positions or betting suggests. Marathon go 59/25 about a home win and I would make them no bigger than 6/4 shots.

Guiseley v Dover

Having put up Dover last Tuesday night when they drew with Barrow I was cursing not putting them up on Saturday at Wrexham so was pleased when Wrexham got that late equaliser. It was another good performance from them though since Paul Cox took over and performances have certainly improved. Only Hartlepool have beaten them at home so far and although Dover have won 4 out of 5 away games I think this will be a tougher test for them than the bookies prices suggest. Chris Kinnear has done a fine job with what is basically a brand new side this season, but I can't help but think they are a bit flattered by their league position at the moment. If Guiseley can go to Wrexham and Barrow and get draws then they have a good chance of beating Dover at home. Bet 365 are biggest about a home win at 3/1.

Maidstone v Gateshead

Maidstone have 18 points and 17 of them have come in their previous 8 games a run where they have had only had one defeat at Hartlepool. They have won 3 on the bounce as well and were really impressive in beating Macclesfield 4-1 last Saturday. They finished strongly last season and bar the first 3 games of this one they have carried that on this time around. They have yet to taste defeat on their 3G pitch this season and I think they can make it 4 wins on the bounce against Gateshead. The away side have yet to win on their travels this season and although they picked up draws at Ebbsfleet and Sutton they were very much 2nd best in both games. I think there is just enough in Maidstone's price of just over even money with Marathon to get involved.

Tranmere v Wrexham

Whatever result happens in this game the prices for the match are one of the most ludicrous set of prices I have seen. How on earth can anyone have priced up Tranmere as short as 8/15 I will never know. They are a best price of 8/13 and that stinks as well. As much as I still think Tranmere have the potential to win the league, their current form should not make them 8/13 shots to beat a Wrexham side who are 5 points in front of them in the table. In my ante-post preview I wrote how I liked the Wrexham side, but they lacked a goalscorer and that has proven to be the case as they have only scored 9 goals so far. Given the way the league is this season they might well still be able to mount a title challenge even without a proven goal scorer. How on earth they are bigger than 5/1 I don't know, but I am not going to back them in that market. Tranmere have also struggled for goals and have only scored 8 themselves. Both defences have done well as well as Wrexham have conceded 6 and Tranmere 8. Now they will probably play out a 3-3 thriller now, but those stats clearly point towards a very tight game. So I am going to back No Goalscorer which is 17/2 with Bet 365 (just in case you aren't aware if an own goal is scored then you still get paid out on this market whereas you wouldn't obviously if you backed 0-0), I am going to back a Wrexham 1-0 win which is 14/1 with Betfred and finally back Wrexham in the draw no bet market at 73/20 with Marathon.

Kidderminster v Blyth Spartans

Into the National League North where I have 3 bets this week. Blyth have been impressive in their first season back at this level and currently sit in 4th place in the league. They have won their last 4 league matches and their only away defeat came in their first road trip of the season to Alfreton. They have won their other 4 and although they haven't come against clubs who should be troubling the play-offs they have clearly been playing well. The home side on the other-hand have been struggling so far this season and look a fair way off the side who did so well last term. No they have only lost once at home, but this is potentially their toughest home fixture yet and Blyth are too big at 3/1 (Bet 365).

Leamington v Bradford Park Avenue

Bradford landed the Nap selection with ease last Saturday and I am going to make them the Nap's again this weekend. They are unbeaten in 7 in the league and that FA Cup win against Southport continued the superb run. They travel to a Leamington side who have lost all 5 of their home games so far. They struggled in the FA Cup last Saturday as well only beating Westfields with two 90th minute goals. Betway's 17/10 about an away win looks a nice price.

Nuneaton v Southport

It is a shame Southport aren't playing another half decent side so I could continue opposing them, but their shocking run of form continued against BPA last weekend. They were outclassed yet again and they desperately need players back. Now Nuneaton haven't won in 6 league games so they come with risk attached for sure, but they did avoid a Cup upset against a good Kings Lynn side last Saturday. A performance like that should be enough to win this and at just under 6/4 with Marathon I am prepared to back a home win.

Billericay v Tooting & Mitcham

As mentioned at the start the Billericay bets should have been winners on Sunday, but that is football and hopefully we can get some money back here. Against the lesser sides in the Bostik Premier Billericay have been totally dominate and scored plenty of goals. Tooting have yet to win in the league this season and have conceded 19 goals in 7 games. Billericay meanwhile have score 21. Jake Robinson continues to score for fun and it wouldn't surprise me if he gets 50 this season. They should have another comfortable afternoon here and the 19/10 with Betfred to overcome the -2 handicap looks more than fair.

Chester 1pt @ 59/25 with Marathon

Guiseley 1pt @ 3/1 with Bet365

Maidstone 1.5pts @ 107/100 with Marathon

Tranmere v Wrexham 1pt no goalscorer @ 17/2 with Bet365. 0.5pts 1-0 Wrexham @ 14/1 with Betfred and 1pt Wrexham draw no bet at 73/20 with Marathon

Blyth Spartans 1pt @ 3/1 with Bet365

Bradford Park Avenue 2pts @ 17/10 with Betway

Nuneaton 1pt @ 6/4 with Marathon

Billericay -2 1.5pts @ 19/10 Betfred

Nice and steady darran - keep up the great work

another profitable set of results

thank you

Amazingly apart from Billericay the rest were all in front at some point and some of them like Maidstone should really have been winning bets. Still the Wrexham score could only have been bettered if the winning goal had of been an own goal. Nice to get a 14/1 winner.

Fair play to @doverwhite with the 3 winners superb tipping. Yet again the best non league tips are here for free unlike someone who charges €500 and hasn't even put up a bet yet!

4 hours ago, shubert said:

I specifically followed Darran to this site (he's been an Oracle for some time now around the web) only to find other high quality posters lurking! Quite excited and can't wait for future posts....maybe one day I'll actually win some money in stead of burying these nuggets in my 8 from 10's etc :(

:welcome to PL @shubert :ok