** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tour Championship

Bamford

The top 30 players in the FedEx Cup standings have reached the PGA Tour finale - the Tour Championship at East Lake Golf Club in Atlanta. Since 2010 the winner this week has also won the season-long FedEx Cup and a cool combined $11.5 million. East Lake is the kind of traditional course, where liberties can't be taken. So hitting fairways helps here and ball-striking really is critical. The course features Bermudagrass green surfaces - a serious change from the past 3 tournaments - and as well as strong ball-striking look for players who can also scramble well. Yes Sergio Garcia wouldn't be a bad shout!  A stern Par 70, the course could be receptive after plenty of rain last week and thunderstorm potential from Wednesday onwards. If the rain misses the course though, things will firm-up majorly for the weekend.

I'm going for 3 players in the 30-man field - Jordan Spieth (11/2) - in my mind he's been the winner of the FEC since the PGA Champiomship. Justin Rose (16/1) who is finding form at the right time and who has a superb course record. For a longer-shot Garcia has legs, but I have gone for Webb Simpson (50/1). 2 back-door top 10s across the Northern Trust and the BMW Championship, the 2013 U.S. Open champion has a 4th and 5th here plus finally he has got his head around the putter after seasons of struggling since the belly-putter was banned. Hitting fairways for fun, and Number 1 for Scrambling from the Rough, if he can hit enough greens, I think he can feature.