** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

September 25 - October 1

Backing Ostapenko match @ $2.00

(low) Barty to win first set but lose match @ $7.50 Bet365

Ostapenko has a decent opportunity to nab another title and with a title will guarantee a spot in Singapore with the title, though if she does lose she will 99% qualify. Ostapenko lost first round in Beijing in 2016 so she doesn't have any points to defend next week and both her and Barty have been given byes into the second round. Given the other side of the draw is Sakkari/Garcia, feeling she will have her eyes firmly set on back to back titles.

Ostapenko's service hasn't been brilliant and has taken time to work back into matches quite often, and Barty is someone who will push Julia around the court with technique and probably see longer exchanges but the current winning mentality of Ostapenko and physically she seems to be much stronger. One problem with Barty, technically gifted, but sometimes she has too many options to play and I think it will cost her with the lack of winning experience late on in tournaments. Ostapenko will play the same aggression and with the same mental toughness and I will back her.

Sakamoto - Almeida (Campinas Challenger) : Back Almeida @17 with bet365

Well this is very much a long shot and who knows, Sakamoto may even with this match 6-0 6-0, but I just have a feeling his odds are simply too low. His opponent Almeida is a 16 year old junior, who is nr 65 on the junior rankings. So of course he isn't a great player, but on the other hand, one can do much worse than 65. And being a 16 year playing his first senior tournament in his home country, I wont doubt he will give his all. That combined with the fact that Sakamoto is far from a top player (very very far) , I just don't see why Sakamoto should be 1,01 at the start. Maybe I will be very wrong, but I'll have small gamble on Almeida

Edited by Crespo