** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

September 25 - October 1

Su-Wei Hsieh to beat Kristyna Pliskova at 2.50 with Paddy Power

Shuai Zhang to beat Karolina Pliskova 3.50 with William Hill

Kristyna has no form whatsoever, while Karolina is without a coach and played poorly in Tokyo. Both Hsieh and Zhang are tricky enough to give them trouble, so I'm going to take my chances at odds this big.

TennisThread.png

9 minutes ago, KennyDelight said:

Is Ostapenko destined to have a flat game v Strycova?

Strycova has a game under her belt and has a quarter final/round of 16/round of 16 record in Wuhan

Ostapenko off a title win where she was worked in the semi and final matches, only 1 game played in Wuhan before.

She's young and hungry though. I was looking at the match, thinking that I'd back Strycova at 2.50, but that's not happening by the looks of things. The odds are probably correct.

Sabalenka looked very good v Rodina. Her serve was excellent and such power. Rodina was hampered by her injury but doesn't take away from how good Sabalenka was. She should be too good for Maria in the next round

I'm having backing Puig @ 2.00 purely based on the long late finish for Peng and Puig is going to have bags on movement and energy.

Sabalenka won but the second set was hardly plain sailing. Too many unforced errors. Sabalenka has the power but the inconsistency and doesn't seem to provide any slices or drop shots, not much variety to her game. Similar to Ostapenko in that she seems to go for it but Ostaoenko's margin of error is much better

She faces Kozlova next

Great calls on Ostapenko and Sakkari BTW :ok

Edited by KennyDelight

Ostapenko - Barty odd's opened at 1.80 Ostapenko 2.10 Barty but in the space of 30 minutes Barty has changed to favourite on Bet365

Ostapenko finished her match around midnight. Barty had played singles and doubles on same day but obviously finished much earlier. Match will start "not before" 5:30pm local time

Ostapenko played 5 x 3 set matches in the space of 6 days spanning Korean Open and Wuhan with just a days rest inbetween but Barty has played 2 doubles matches this week with her 4 matches, 3 of which went to 3 sets too

Liking the look of 21.5 over.

Edited by KennyDelight