** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UK Football Predictions > Sep 19th & 20th

league1rating.jpg

Here are the odds for the midweek EFL Cup games and the odds and ratings for the single League One match scheduled. What do you guys think ahead of these games? Any of you going to be dabbling in some EFL Cup accumulator action?

@DW_United@sajtion, @MrToffee, @waynecoyne, @mrpudding, @Mindfulness, @Sir Puntalot, @betcatalog, @AndreBR, @mrclubbie, @neilovan, @Judeksi, @KikoCy, @Bett, @zemo91, @sm0kez, @Bronxie, @Duuc, @Dylan Lynch@Tiffy, @WinningAdvice@Kenton Schweppes@canaries91, @CloughandTaylor, @rangers234, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @salmonman, @allthethings, @Icongene, @Tanktop, @waynecoyne, @kulikTS, @KingSoccertips, @Pipoca, @Neubs, @silver fox, @luizcknc, @WiggoBets, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @myleftfoot, @willie82, @Bobby Vegas, @JJG, @Xtc12, and @MuineBheag.

There are 2 teams that need morale boosting wins this week.

First up are (the latest Premier League record holders, Crystal Palace). They struggled to beat an Ipswich youth side in the last round, and I am sure that Roy will be making changes here , but you would hope that they can give the home fans something to cheers about. If they don't get a goal soon, then the goal celebration music (Glad All Over) is in danger of become lost under a pile of dust. I won't back them to win, (They are one of my bogey teams) but will probably back them to win the corner count, which they did on Saturday.

Palace should win, need to win &  hopefully we can all recoup our lossses from the weekend

Everton have a must win game against Sunderland, who aren't pulling up tees either in the Championship. They have had a tough start, and it will depend on the team selection, but surely they can get a win, in the cup, to lift the mood of the fans?

On a Brighter note! (See what I did there?) The Albion are back at Dean Court on Tuesday. Our second string struggled to beat Barnet in the last round, but 2 new signings will be making their debuts and keen to impress. The most notable of who is Izquerdo, who is our record £16million signing. He has the nickname "The Greyhound" due to his speed.  I think that they will be keen to go back and get a positive result, after perhaps being a tad unlucky on Friday.

Your thoughts please,

I am just off to give @Mindfulness some banter in the "New Managers" thread...

I agree that Brighton is one to watch. It's a dangerous game for newly promoted teams to get sucked into though. Cup runs can cause problems down the line. Bournemouth might take it less seriously after their poor start to the season. I had them pegged down as potential dark horses after their solid performance last season. I saw them eyeing up mid-table and going for the cups. I think it will be two reserve sides going for it though and Brighton could well edge it. I'd back over 2.5 goals in that game.

no one in particular can be trusted in the cup as its mystery to me which team is taking it seriously but bristol city are the one who can win. i don't know how they are scoring so many goals but they are. i must have missed something about them in the summer transfer window because i didn't expect that from them. i have to say i just slightly favour brighton on double chance. brighton could do with another win to boost their confidence while bournemouth just cannot afford to get important players injured. i can see eddie making sure his best players sit this one out. leeds is in terrific form and i am confident they will take that into cup match. when you are on a roll you just want to continue the good run.

i am not sure what to make of leicester vs liverpool,  aston villa vs middlesbrough and reading vs swansea are probably best left alone.

6 hours ago, Tiffy said:

There are 2 teams that need morale boosting wins this week.

First up are (the latest Premier League record holders, Crystal Palace). They struggled to beat an Ipswich youth side in the last round, and I am sure that Roy will be making changes here , but you would hope that they can give the home fans something to cheers about. If they don't get a goal soon, then the goal celebration music (Glad All Over) is in danger of become lost under a pile of dust. I won't back them to win, (They are one of my bogey teams) but will probably back them to win the corner count, which they did on Saturday.

Palace should win, need to win &  hopefully we can all recoup our lossses from the weekend

Everton have a must win game against Sunderland, who aren't pulling up tees either in the Championship. They have had a tough start, and it will depend on the team selection, but surely they can get a win, in the cup, to lift the mood of the fans?

On a Brighter note! (See what I did there?) The Albion are back at Dean Court on Tuesday. Our second string struggled to beat Barnet in the last round, but 2 new signings will be making their debuts and keen to impress. The most notable of who is Izquerdo, who is our record £16million signing. He has the nickname "The Greyhound" due to his speed.  I think that they will be keen to go back and get a positive result, after perhaps being a tad unlucky on Friday.

Your thoughts please,

I am just off to give @Mindfulness some banter in the "New Managers" thread...

Ezequiel Schelotto is the Greyhound a full back not Izquierdo our record signing. 

If ever there was a team that could make hard work of a game where they're priced 1.3 then it is West Ham. They've got a history of struggling through these kind of games (look no further than Accrington at home last season), even at home so I wouldn't be touching them at that price - not even against the hapless Bolton. Ahead of a big derby game against Tottenham at the weekend, I'm not sure they will even field their strongest side, so at 11/1, backing Bolton at 11/1 (Bet365) could give you a run for your money despite their terrible league form.

Edited by Bobby Vegas

7 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

I agree that Brighton is one to watch. It's a dangerous game for newly promoted teams to get sucked into though. Cup runs can cause problems down the line. Bournemouth might take it less seriously after their poor start to the season. I had them pegged down as potential dark horses after their solid performance last season. I saw them eyeing up mid-table and going for the cups. I think it will be two reserve sides going for it though and Brighton could well edge it. I'd back over 2.5 goals in that game.

I agree, the goals should glow in this ons

21 minutes ago, bosnian said:

I'm sure you said you were an Albion supporter. Ezequiel Schelotto is nicknamed the greyhound who is a right back

That's me getting crossed wires then! Thought the commentators were talking about Izquierdo the other night on the radio.

Edited by Tiffy

Yes, @doverwhite, I'm keen to see how Hasselbaink does with Northampton. They clearly have the basis of a decent team there. I get the impression that with the right manager they can start improving quickly. Think getting a result away to Wigan might be a bit too soon but you can't tell with the new manager factor. Could be worth a double chance?

Love the cups. Away dogs in the range of 4/1 to 5/1 are good throughout the Carling erm Carabao, and in the round of 16 going back a dozen years win better than a third of the time. Home dogs of 4/1 in the rounds of 64 and 32 draw a ton, but once we get to the round of 16 it's outright wins rather than draws, and it hasn't matter whether they won their previous cup match as a big favorite, after penalties or as a dog.

Therefore, you can consider all six today as live dogs: Huddersfield, Leeds and Brighton on away, and Bristol City, Leicester and Reading at home.

tbh, the only one that I don't like is Reading. Which means that is the one that will win. Important to note that if you do play all six, you need two wins to profit.

Will await final odds before deciding.

4 hours ago, allthethings said:

Love the cups. Away dogs in the range of 4/1 to 5/1 are good throughout the Carling erm Carabao, and in the round of 16 going back a dozen years win better than a third of the time. Home dogs of 4/1 in the rounds of 64 and 32 draw a ton, but once we get to the round of 16 it's outright wins rather than draws, and it hasn't matter whether they won their previous cup match as a big favorite, after penalties or as a dog.

Therefore, you can consider all six today as live dogs: Huddersfield, Leeds and Brighton on away, and Bristol City, Leicester and Reading at home.

tbh, the only one that I don't like is Reading. Which means that is the one that will win. Important to note that if you do play all six, you need two wins to profit.

Will await final odds before deciding.

2-4, +2 units. Was one minute away from +6.3. I don't know how the fukc you take the lead at 93 minutes and manage to blow it. Guess Leeds really wanted to play even longer.

Does anyone know of any websites that update team line ups promptly?

Typically teams are announced 1 hr before kick off but sky sports updates can be 45 mins later and sporting life (which i use)

don't update quickly either. This is obviously more important for cup competitions like tonights efl games

where weakened teams may be fielded.