** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League Predictions > Sep 26th & 27th

uclodds.jpg

The opening round of Champions League matches delivered some stunning moments. A few of you hit some decent wins to start the campaign positively. The next round is up quickly in two weeks. A few questions that need to be answered. Can Manchester United and Chelsea once again win with clean sheets? Can Liverpool get something away in the harsh terrain of Moscow? Will Manchester City and Tottenham earn the expected wins they are fancied to get? Also, can Celtic recover from that awful opening game?

@vasilli07, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @DrBetter, @Duuc, @DrO, @immortal--, @Notorious, @betcatalog, @KingSoccertips, @discipline, @Pep004, @HastGill1, @ElPrincipito007, @salmonman, @DW_United, @allthethings, @MightyWell, @liamcorrigan86, @mijOsim, @LePapo, @seifer365, @MPLouis, @Jack A, @JJG, @Pipoca, @neilovan, and @WinningAdvice, give us your tips for this set of matches! Let's see how much profit we can make from them this next round!

uclratings.jpg

That's right! We officially now have ELO ratings for the Champions League! The first batch are here. It won't be until the next round of games that they start filling out but the odd pieces of information are already starting to appear so we have decided to throw them into the mix this week. :ok

Monaco -0.5

Despite selling a few key personals, the team is still playing like a well-oiled machine. Thomas Lemar return from injury will be a boost to them. Porto is perfect so far in their domestic campaign but the Champions League is alot tougher. They are probably going to try and keep it tight but Monaco should have too much for them especially with the red hot Falcao spearheading their attack.

Besiktas v RB Leipzig

Besiktas.thumb.JPG.0bc3024972a6a02fcee7dae92b1e8a14.JPG

I'm keen to take on RB Leipzig in what is their first away Champions League match - after 1 albeit very succesful season in the Bundesliga I think it's too soon to be pricing them up aroound the 5/4 mark away to a seasoned European campaigner like Besiktas. Besiktas home record in Europe since 2011/12 is a very respectable 9-8-3. I've been looking back through the price history of their European matches and I'm finding it tough to compare the odds to tomorrows match but I'll share a few thoughts, I'll be making a few assumptions, firstly that Besiktas are a similar or atleast no worse a team today than they were previously and they are at home in all matches, away teams priced as follows;

04/17 - Lyon 6/4,

11/16 - Napoli 6/5

02/15 - Liverpool 11/8

If seasoned, respected European campaigners are going off at the above price away Besiktas, I really can't have Leipzig at 5/4, if you agued that they should be treated similarly to Lyon and were around 6/4 or 13/8, that seems more realistic to me, I want to see an away perfromance before paying them the same level of respect of the above teams.

Bet

Besiktas +0.25 @ 1.94 Bet365

APOEL v Tottenham

The goal line looks a little high to me at 2.75, in 39 European matches APOEL have seen over 2.5 goals 44% of the time, Tottenhams European matches have also gone over 2.5  goals 44% in 55 matches, I also think Tottenham look a little short in the match betting - they are currently around the 2/7 mark, to put this in perspective a peak Barcelona were 1/4 back in the 13/14 season.

Bet

Under 2.75 Goals @ 1.98 Bet365

Manchester City v Shakhtar Donetsk

Manchester City: Mendy (4/0 d, doubtful), Kompany (3/0 d), Gundogan (1/0 m)

Shakhtar Donetsk: Srna (8/0 d, captain), Krivtsov (8/2 d), Malyshev (0/0 m)

Borussia Dortmund v Real Madrid

Borussia Dortmund: Durm (0/0 d), Schmelzer (1/0 d, captain), Guerreiro (0/0 d), Schürrle (0/0 m), Rode (0/0 m), Reus (0/0 f)

Real Madrid: Marcelo (4/0 d), Hernández (2/0 d), Vallejo (0/0 d), Kovačić (2/0 m), Benzema (3/0 f)

SSC Napoli v Feyenoord

SSC Napoli: Chiricheș (2/0 d, doubtful), Milik (3/1 f)

Feyenoord: Nieuwkoop (0/0 g), Van Beek (0/0 d)(both doubtful), Vermeer (0/0 g), Botteghin (5/0 d), Jørgensen (4/1 f)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Monaco to score over 1.5 is very good bet for me. Still playing decent attacking football and in most matches scoring for fun. Porto is overated here IMO. Have good results in league but dont think they are that good. Besiktas result (didnt watch game) can be some conformation. 

City should be to strong for Shakhtar here. Maybe City to score over 2.5. Two similar teams with playing style but City much better version of these two. Dont know if Guardiola will rest some players?

Sevilla and Napoli should win with hendi. Especially think that for Napoli as Fayenoord dont look good at the moment. Missing Jorgensen upfront doesnt help.

Football Facts and Streaks regarding UEFA Champions League

Porto have lost their last 3 games in UEFA Champions League.

Borussia Dortmund have lost their last 3 games in UEFA Champions League.

Liverpool are undefeated in their last 5 games in UEFA Champions League.

You can find interesting 23 Football Betting Streaks for 26.09.2017 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-streaks-26-09-2017

Monaco vs Porto=over(1.75) stake 6/10

Preview:
Monaco:
injured: Subasic (goalkeeper 5/0).
Porto:
injured: Andre (midfielder 4/0)

Monaco started off with a home draw against Leipzig with a score of 1-1 today playing at home and then looking for victory. Monaco is in good shape in the last league game he won out of home against Lille with a score of 0-4.
Porto started this Champions League by losing home against Besiktas with a score of 1-3 while in the league they are in excellent shape they have won at home with a score of 5-2 against Portimonense. Both teams play a very offensive kick with very prolific attack lines.

:hope

Edited by TOTTI3

The two teams have excellent offensive lines and can see a game with many goals, especially now that the guest seems to have some defensive themes
PARIS SAINT GERMAIN vs FC BAYERN MUNICH @@ +2.75 Over, odds 1.52

Surely no team wants to be defeated and left behind in the group's rating, the two teams put particular emphasis on their defensive function, so I expect a very closed match with few goals and final goals for goals
ATLETICO MADRID vs CHELSEA FC @@ +2.50 Under, odds 1.62

Football Facts and Streaks regarding UEFA Champions League

Roma have failed to win their last 7 games in UEFA Champions League.
CSKA Moscow have won their last 5 games in UEFA Champions League.
FC Basel 1893 have failed to win their last 9 games in UEFA Champions League.

You can find interesting 14 Football Betting Streaks for 27.09.2017 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-streaks-27-09-2017

Anderlecht v Celtic

Anderlecht have drifted out to 6/4 for tonight's home match with Celtic, I know the hosts are in a bit of turmoil and have a few injury doubts so I'll be waiting for team new before getting involved but this price looks too big to me. Below are the prices from Anderlechts home European matches since 15/16 season;

Ande.JPG

Looking at the above, Anderlecht were a similar price when they faced sides like Zenit, St Etienne, Olympiakos and Shahktar - I don't think we can put Celtic in the same bracket as any of those sides, especially a Celtic side who have 1 away win in their last 20 European matches

celt.JPG.d30aa7a759bf39d405d44ade291073f3.JPG

I think a fair price for tonights match would be somewhere between Anderlecht v St Etienne and Ajax v Celtic - something along the lines of 1/1 - 5/2 - 3/1.

Anderlecht will be viewing this game exactly the same as Celtic - a must win if they want European football after Christmas.

Bet

Anderlecht -0.25 @ 23/20 Bet365

Edited by jamiedavies02