** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

MLS Predictions > Sep 14th - 17th

StevieDay1983

mlsratings.jpg

There is a beast of an MLS schedule coming up from Thursday. 13 matches in total over four days. Toronto at 1.95 have to be backed. Top of the Eastern Conference and top of the form table over the last six matches. If you are looking for over 2.5 goals then San Jose have managed it in all of their last six games. Food for thought. So what are you guys all thinking?

@betcatalog@vasilli07, @Tiffy, @jamiedavies02, @Setup, and @ggm31v.

Atlanta Utd v New England

There's an intriguing match taking place overnight tonight at the newly-opened Mercedes Benz Stadium as Atlanta host New England.

I'm about to do something that I don't do very often in that I'm not going to advise a bet at the end of this post - instead I'll just offer some food for thought...

Atlanta look too short for me with average odds of 1.58. If you look at the ratings I posted above you'll see that for me, there isn't too much between the two sides. Bookmaker prices for these two teams over the past year (this season in Atlantas case) tend to agree. If these two sides were to play at a neutral venue tomorrow I'd make it a "pickum" match. Of course tonights match isn't at a neutral venue, Atlanta have home advantage. Over the past 2,000 MLS matches, home advantage is worth around 0.55 of a goal, so for two MLS teams of evenly matched ability, which I've suggested above is the case tonight, the prices should be H1.94 D3.92 A4.35, given that this will be Atlantas 2nd match in the new stadium, you could make a case for home advantage being worth less than usual.

Now I've made my case for Atlanta being too short, I must also state my case as to why I won't be supporting New England in some shape of form, and for that, you need to look no further than the home/ away records of the two teams involved. Atlantas home record is 7-1-2 and New Englands away record is 0-3-10, after everything I've said above, I just can't ignore that

So yeah, that's my two cents.... as clear as mud!

Atlanta/New England o3 (-120)

This one is worth a punt in my eyes for certain.  Atlanta had it's first match in the new stadium this past weekend against Dallas and they without a doubt could have put 6 in the net themselves.  They had a PK denied by the dreaded Video Assistant.  They hit 2 posts and a crossbar.  They were absolutely flying around this new pitch.  

They had a packed stadium on a Sunday, the same time that the Atlanta Falcons NFL team is playing. It's very hard to describe how rabid this fanbase is - although the new stadium did drown out the crowd a bit.

I'd even be tempted to play Atlanta on the handicap on this one if you're so inclined, but seemingly whenever i play a team laying a goal or more, they always seem to botch something at the end of the game, call it a jinx if you will.

:cheers

Montreal Impact -1 @ 1.74

It's pretty much last chance saloon for Impact as they need every win they can get and hope for one of the teams above them to falter. There is no better chance to start the winning streak than against one of the worst team in the league. Minnesota will be playing their second game in four days and have a very poor road record. I believe the expansion side will compete hard but Impact will probably have abit too much for them.