** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UK Football Predictions > Sep 15th - 17th

champratings.jpg

league1ratings.jpg

league2ratings.jpg

splratings.jpg

scotschampratings.jpg

Here are this coming weekend's UK football odds and ratings for you to gaze over. Some interesting matches coming up. Even if you are waiting until after the midweek games to give your thoughts, feel free to post some rough tips you might have in mind. Personally, my beloved Cardiff are at home to Sheffield Wednesday. @waynecoyne, I think it'll be a close game with your boys. I'd take a draw. Hoping we can snatch it but you are showing signs of finding your form again so I'm wary you might catch us on the hop.

@DW_United@sajtion, @MrToffee, @Mindfulness, @Sir Puntalot, @betcatalog, @AndreBR, @mrclubbie, @neilovan, @Judeksi, @KikoCy, @Bett, @zemo91, @sm0kez, @Bronxie, @Duuc, @Dylan Lynch@Tiffy, @WinningAdvice@Kenton Schweppes@canaries91, @CloughandTaylor, @rangers234, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @salmonman, @allthethings, @Icongene, @Tanktop, @waynecoyne, @kulikTS, @KingSoccertips, @Pipoca, @Neubs, @silver fox, @luizcknc, @WiggoBets, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @myleftfoot, @willie82, @Bobby Vegas, @JJG, @Xtc12, and @MuineBheag.

Last year’s National League Champions Lincoln have adapted a lot better to life in league 2 than Forest Green have. They currently see themselves sitting fifth in the division with 3 wins, 3 draws and 1 defeat. Other than their 4-1 win over Carlisle, every game has been close with no more than a goal between all the sides. Early season favourites Mansfield haven’t been able to have everything their own way so far but their performances have been good. Whilst they’ve only won 2 matches so far, they have drawn 4. A lot of those they could have gone on to win on another day. I see this to be a very competitive fixture between two evenly matched teams and I can’t pick a winner. So given I expect it to be tight, it makes sense to go down the middle and plump for the draw although I think at 3.3 there’s probably not a huge amount of value to be had.

Wycombe are overpriced for me at 3.3 (Bet365) at home to Luton. They’ve suffered 1 defeat in 7 and come into this game off the back of two consecutive away 0-0’s to Newport and Mansfield. Luton haven’t been able to carry on the form of their opening day 8-2 win against Yeovil and come into this game still without an away victory. The draws against Lincoln and Mansfield are nothing to be ashamed of and it was only a very late goal that saw them defeated at Barnet. They are however too short for me at 2.37. I expect this one to be another very tight game and think the 3.6 with Betfair for the draw definitely offers value.

Swindon are perhaps a bit too short for me at a best priced 2.3. They sit mid table and are only there virtue of their good away record. Whilst they’ve won 3 games already this season, their home form has been the complete opposite. The early season draw at home to Exeter now looks good but this was followed up with a 3-0 defeat to Crawley and a 4-1 defeat to Barnet. Stevenage come into the game sitting seventh in the table and undefeated away from home so far this season. I’m not sure they’ve played the toughest of opponents so far but their undeafted away form has seen them come away with 2 wins and a draw. Swindon are too good to go much longer without a home win but I think Stevenage could make this another difficult game and could be a bit shorter than the current best price of 3.34 with Marathon.

I can’t believe that Exeter will go off at anything longer than the evens they are currently at - they should be significantly shorter than this. They’ve carried their impressive form from last season into this season and a late winner at Barnet on Tuesday night saw them to their sixth win in seven and 3 points clear at the top. Crewe currently sit outside the play offs in tenth place but have been helped by 5 of their 7 games being at home so far. On the road they did manage a 1-0 victory at rivals Port Vale but were on the other end of the same score line against Grimsby. A win here for Crewe would put them in with the early pace setters and I’m not quite sure performances have merited that. Therefore I think Exeter are good value here at evens with SkyBet and Betfair.

Edited by Bobby Vegas

My tip for this week is definitely BTTS in Cardiff versus Sheffield Wednesday. Warnock was very scathing of our lack of cutting finish but did take responsibility for not making enough fresh changes due to our travel this week. I reckon he'll bring in some new energy for the weekend and I'd be surprised if we don't score. The Owls have enough fire power to cause us problems so even though I am not convinced over the result I am confident it will be a high-scoring game.

Fulham have had an unbelievably hard start to the season. Their first 4 games saw them up against, excluding themselves and the promoted teams, the top four teams from the previous season. The next two games weren’t much easier against in form teams Ipswich and Cardiff. These were then followed by Hull’s visit last night. So it’s hardly surprising that they’re not currently sat in the play-off places. Whilst they’ve drawn four games so far, they’ve only lost one and performances have been good. Their fixtures now get a bit easier so I think we’ll start to see them move up the table in the next few weeks. I think that surge up the table begins this weekend with a visit to a struggling Burton side.

Burton sit just outside the relegation zone largely because of their home victory over Birmingham. They did brilliantly last season to survive but just seem to have lost something this year. A good example of this is the amount of shots they’ve had and conceded. After 7 games this season they’ve had 44 shots but have had a hefty 134 on their own goal. Compare this to the same stage last season, they’d had 96 shots and only conceded 89.

I like to root for the underdog but it seems as if Burton may well find themselves this season’s Rotherham. They found themselves well adrift from anyone last year and I wouldn’t be surprised to see the same happen here to Burton. So with that comparison in mind, I look at the kind of odds that were offered for teams away to Rotherham last season. When Fulham played them in April, you could only get them at a best priced 1.44. Rotherham were well and truly gone by then but I think it gives a good indication that the 1.91 on offer for Fulham won’t hang around for long.

I’m not a hug fan of backing away teams at quite so short odds but think there is still value in this price at the moment.

6pts Fulham to win @ 1.91 with Betway, Sporting Bet and Ladbrokes (boosted)

i am going for an easy ten fold accumulator this weekend. i am finding the championship really hard to separate this week. some teams down below are on good form except birmingham which i think they must win and i am giving the benefit of doubt. 

leicester

stoke

birmingham

middlesbrough

bradford

wigan

blackburn

grimsby

exeter

walsall vs peterborough - both teams to score

stake £10 returns £12.000

Just a few musings from a Fulham perspective for anyone looking to back us.We have had a tricky start and coupled with a tad of hangover from the play/offs means it's probably looked worse than it really is.We still make hoards of chances and convert very few,and end up hanging on at times as against Hull,(although I would not dispute they had their moments)but we were deserved winners.

we still let in soft goals,both goalies will not come for a 6 yard cross,and we have not addressed the dominant centre half issue.Still we play lovely stuff and we should be looking to beat Burton.I was at the game at the Pirelli last season and it was a struggle to get past them.Boy are they resilient.Stefan Johansen is now firing after taking a while to get going this season and with 16 last year is always worth following in our goal scorer markets.Good luck guys.

17 hours ago, sajtion said:

i am going for an easy ten fold accumulator this weekend. i am finding the championship really hard to separate this week. some teams down below are on good form except birmingham which i think they must win and i am giving the benefit of doubt. 

leicester

stoke

birmingham

middlesbrough

bradford

wigan

blackburn

grimsby

exeter

walsall vs peterborough - both teams to score

stake £10 returns £12.000

I think you've selected good teams there. Even though I think a couple of them will drop points I still think they are sides that won't miss out on a victory by more than the odd goal so it's going to be an entertaining accumulator. Legendary status awarded if it comes in!

@mrpudding, great to have another Championship poster. I've been backing you guys to do well this season and I still think you will qualify for the play-offs. Interested thoughts from yourself and look forward to hearing more. We want more supporters posting here to give a more in-depth and insider perspective of their clubs to help us judge our bets.

Notts Forest v Wolves. wolves 5/4

its Wolves here for me.I like teams that can sit and hit teams on the counter with pace and skill and Wolves have that in abundance! With the likes of Jota and Bonatelli et al.They do concede a touch easy as do Forest,and both have trouble from set pieces.This was Warburtons bete noir at Rangers,remember Scots cup final v Hibs last season,and his defence seems to have carried it on at the city ground.

For me it's also both teams to score as well at a general4/5. But I just feel that Wolves have the extra quality to come through here.

Millwall FC v Leeds United

Millwall FC: Lee Gregory (7/1 f, suspended), Tom Elliott (4/1 f)

Leeds United: Liam Cooper (6/0 d, captain, probably in), Caleb Ekuban (1/0 f), Matthew Pennington (1/0 d)

Nottingham F. v Wolverhampton

Nottingham F.: David Vaughan (4/0 m), Chris Cohen (1/0 m), Matty Cash (0/0 m), Jamie Ward (0/0 f)

Wolverhampton: Barry Douglas (4/1 d, doubtful), Helder Costa (0/0 m, last season top scorer), Willy Boly (5/0 d), Kortney Hause (0/0 d), Carl Ikeme (0/0 g), Phil Ofosu-Ayeh (0/0 d)

Blackburn Rovers v AFC Wimbledon

Blackburn Rovers: Craig Conway (3/0 m, probably in), Rekeem Harper (1/0 m), Ryan Nyambe (2/0 d), Darragh Lenihan (1/0 m), Scott Wharton (0/0 d)

AFC Wimbledon: Paul Robinson (6/0 d, doubtful), Nadjim Abdou (5/1 m, suspended), Tom Soares (0/0 m), Darius Charles (0/0 d), Callum Kennedy (6/0 d), Jonathan Meades (0/0 d)

Blackpool v Oxford United

Blackpool: Armand Gnanduillet (3/0 f), Mark Cullen (3/0 f), Jim McAlister (0/0 m)

Oxford United: Wes Thomas (5/3 f, probably in), Dwight Tiendalli (1/0 d, doubtful), Christian Ribeiro (5/0 d), Jon Obika (6/0 f), Josh Ashby (0/0 m), Ivo Pekalski (0/0 m), Sam Long (0/0 d), Charlie Raglan (0/0 d)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

I think Barnsley are massively underestimated this weekend. Significantly ahead on the ratings and Villa aren't exactly pulling up trees? Bookies have priced this up on "It's only a matter of time before Villa click" but I prefer to trust the ratings.

Barnsley won their last 2 home matches, and Villa winless in 3 away losing 2 and conceding 6 goals. Barnsley at around 3/1 (4.00) is stunning.

Barnsley Win or Draw @ 1.72 Bet365 

2 draws from the last 2 games don't really tell the full story for Hibs. After going behind early in both games we've came back and completely dominated, how we didn't comfortably take maximum points is down to squandering numerous chances and some inspired goalkeeping. The stats for the 2 games combined read - Corners for 28, Corners against 3. Shots on goal for 34, Sots on goal against 6. If we keep that sort of form going it's clear we will give someone a hammering when it clicks in front of goals. That day is today. Hibs at 1.53 is printing money.

Down south, Leeds have scored 11 and conceded 0 in the last 5 games and look a very decent side this season, Millwall is a difficult place to go but this has away win written all over it. Leeds at 2.50 lubbly jubbly.

13 hours ago, KeyserSoze1 said:

I like the look of the following teams all at home and all with relative quality in their respective leagues and all with a goal scorer!

Blackburn 4/6

Wigan 7/10

Exeter 19/20

Middlesborough 7/10

Fulham 5/6

16/1 Accumulator

Ramalama Ding Dong!

I like the look of that so going to do it

Millwall has been playing very good this season even if is not really showing in the statistics yet.
They won 4-0 against Norwich, lost 1-0 away to Wolves with plenty of chances and was leading 2-0 away to QPR with 10 men before they lost the lead and ended in a 2-2 draw.

Leeds on the other hand has won 5 games in a row now but against totally diffrent opponents.
Im thinking the winds might change here and Millwall will get a well deserved win.

Millwall 3.15

i'm gonna throw another out there if anyone wants to have a go but don't put all your money on it.

sheff utd - going against nortwich because of their terrible away form. i'm thinking sheff utd can turn them over at home

bury - surely bury can't sink much lower. they have come so close recently but luck let them down. they will break their buck eventually and i am happy to back them here and they have averaged two goals which plymouth are not high scorers and have lost last four.

portsmouth - oxford are not bad but they are not great either with only 1 win in 5 and portsmouth can get at them especially at home where i expect them to get points this season.

blackpool - i hope blackpool doesn't go awol after putting nice run together. they are climbing up the table and its good chance for them to continue strong momentum

port vale - based on their form it's probably not appealing to get involved but if porta vale is going to win a match anytime it has to be this one. 

notts county - notts county has made light world against struggling side and see them having an edge in this one

accrington - i like away team because they had a good run going before unexpected loss last time and chesterfield are beatable

peterborough - walsall conceded goals and that's why i am against them while peterborough are a dip are starting to get back to their best

stake £15 returns £12.000

gone with a solid treble and large lottery ticket

Hibs, Blackburn, and Boro pays for me 3.36/1

Hibs have a quality squad and have outplayed most of their opponents, cut out wee lapses at the back and they could easily finish 2nd this yr.  Motherwell are a stuffy team that lacks any real quality, they have a decent front man in moult but the rest of the team is bang average, hibs possession football will limit his opportunities today, routine win for the hibees imo and 1/2 is value for accums.

Blackburn after a shaky start adapting to lower level football have flcked the switch and now know whats required, they have a squad thats too good for this level and it has shown easily in their last few matches, now they have got used to their surrounding i expect them to go on a long run and get promoted outright.

Boro good price at home to an inconsistent QPR side that ship goals. QPR ropey away form, defensive sieve + Boro mean defence, quality squad and home side status = Boro win for me.

my lottery ticket is fulham, exeter, wigan, aberdeen,celtic,hibs,raith,ayr,clyde,blackburn abd boro   pays 157-1  

all taken from form, squad status and tips off here

good luck

On 16/09/2017 at 10:40 PM, Sir Puntalot said:

Some horrific results in the football league yesterday that's for sure! 

I really like Scunthorpe to beat Doncaster away tomorrow at very juicy odds. Doncaster haven't started well at all and look all over the place. Scunthorpe are unbeaten away with 2 wins and they don't lack goals.

Scunthorpe Win @ 2.88 Bet365

:nana:nana