** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League Predictions > Sep 15th - 17th

eplodds.jpg

Here are the odds for the Premier League games next weekend for those of you that are looking ahead to those matches. Chelsea versus Arsenal on Sunday being the main one. What do you guys think about these games? Get your tips in early if you think you've got a sure-fire bet!. :ok

@sajtion, @discipline, @Pipoca, @the bastardian, @Mindfulness, @Sir Puntalot, @AndreBR, @mrclubbie, @neilovan, @allyhibs, @Judeksi, @Tiffy, @KikoCy, @Bett, @zemo91, @sm0kez, @Bronxie, @Duuc, @Dylan Lynch, @betcatalog, @vasilli07, @omch@, @Pep004, @Torque, @AK1979, @Charon84, @dylanphan, @Kenton Schweppes, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @KingSoccertips, @seifer365, and @WinningAdvice.

My system plays so far for next week

West Brom -0,25 AH

Watford +1,5 AH

Chelsea -0,5 AH

Manchester United -1,5 AH

Thinking about fading Bournemouth and quite possibly playing a gut play with Crystal Palace amid a coaching change.

Week 4 record 2-2

Edited by JKos

23 hours ago, JKos said:

My system plays so far for next week

West Brom -0,25 AH

Watford +1,5 AH

Chelsea -0,5 AH

Manchester United -1,5 AH

Thinking about fading Bournemouth and quite possibly playing a gut play with Crystal Palace amid a coaching change.

Week 4 record 2-2

Crystal Palace are a mess. It's a tricky one to call. I'm very wary of the rumours that Parish is trying to influence team selection. Always dark when the chairman tries getting involved. @Mindfulness, what do you think? Assume you might have Freedman in temporary charge if Hodgson isn't appointed by then? Or will it be Sammy Lee?

29 minutes ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Crystal Palace are a mess. It's a tricky one to call. I'm very wary of the rumours that Parish is trying to influence team selection. Always dark when the chairman tries getting involved. @Mindfulness, what do you think? Assume you might have Freedman in temporary charge if Hodgson isn't appointed by then? Or will it be Sammy Lee?

To be honest mate I have no idea, just have to wait to see what develops.

I'm just chilling till the storm blows over :cigar

From the makers of 'Much ado about Pulis' and 'How To Loose A Manager In 10 Days' comes the movie event of the decade next 12-36 hours.

"You'd be bat shit crazy to get involved" - Mark Kermode

"It'll have you crying into your clackers" - LGBT & Hove Albion Weekly

"Fucking Fantastic" - Harry Redknapp

S2L9I.jpg

AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 YEARS

Directed by Steve Parish

Characters maybe subject to change, all players purchased before transfer deadline day will be deemed surplus to requirements,  5 year plans need not apply.

bournemouth cannot score goals and think their time is up in premier league. it's gonna be struggle for them until at least january transfer window when they will have second chance to strengthen the squad. brighton are fresh and are just getting into gear after getting off the mark with 3-0 victory against west brom so i see them as likely winners

west ham was very solid against huddersfield and i liked their patient build up game and you just know west brom are not going to play football but defend. i think west ham will win this match

leicester is going to be dangerous on counter attack against huddersfield and it's clear in my mind they will probably be too strong with mahrez and wardy pace they have a bit of edge

i think newcastle are very mediocre team and they have some very light weighted individuals waiting to be bullied by stoke more physical players. i can't find any reason to back newcastle and stoke gave man utd quite a hard time so my pick is stoke to win

Bournemouth -0.5

Bournemouth may have four losses but two were against top teams like Man City and Arsenal. Brighton were outplayed at Leicester and failed to beat a 10 men Watford in their second away game. I don't think Bournemouth has become a bad side and their fortune will have to change. Against a newly promoted side, I fancy them to pick up their first win of the season.

4 hours ago, not him again said:

For the same reason I think Palace will get at least a draw against Southampton. It is a game that screams nil-nil or 4-0 to me. @Mindfulness what sayeth you?

West Brom West Ham screams draw to me, and 0-0 the most likely, imo.

Palace are bottom of the league because of individual errors and poor chance conversion. This is most likely confidence / psychological issue. We'll see how Roy affects the mentality and then take it from there. I've still got steam comming out my ears from last weeks Burnley bet as Palace so obviously did not deserve to loose. I'm reluctant to back Palace this Saturday because first game with a new manager muddys the waters. Game is hard to price at any rate, Palace +0.25 @ EVS or bigger is probably good value but we are south of that at the time of writing this so I will swerve unless the market improves. Very difficult to predict which Southampton will show up at this present momment also. I get what you're saying with 0-0 or 4-0, wouldn't disagree.

Agree with X for WBA V West Ham, will look to hedge with X in another EPL game aswell.

Newcastle Utd V Stoke City

X @ 3.3 Betfair (Exchange)

There’s not much between these teams generally speaking and I feel a lot of Newcastle games will be decided by fine margins this season. Benitez can obtain surprise results in certain matches but do Newcastle have enough firepower to overcome middle or low ranking opposition in home games?

Stoke have some quality and a few match winners but they’re not the most pragmatic of sides and you’d feel their game management will be put to the test here.

A difficult match to call and the two teams may just cancel each other out. Asian lines look like they’re in the right ball park so I will go for X.

West Bromwich Albion V West Ham Utd

X @ 3.3 Betfair (Exchange)

Another two sides where there is little daylight at present; ELO difference for last 2 average is just 2.50.

Hard to call a winner from these two teams and West Ham are yet to draw in the league this season so it’s X for me.

Two decent shouts there, @Mindfulness. I even think Newcastle could beat Stoke at home. Rafa is doing incredibly well to keep his squad together despite all the alleged discontent behind the scenes. Maybe he's instilled a siege mentality? I simply can't call that West Brom versus West Ham game either. West Ham are a mixed bag right now. I think Bilic is on borrowed time. They have the crux of a decent squad but just seem to be missing something right now.

8 hours ago, not him again said:

Hello @vasilli07 I do miss you MSL tips mate.

I concur with the above but without the handicap - this is a must win match for Bournemouth and they would not dare lose this one at home - their fans would kill them.

For the same reason I think Palace will get at least a draw against Southampton. It is a game that screams nil-nil or 4-0 to me. @Mindfulness what sayeth you?

I think Swansea to win +2 is the best bet out there. It comes in about evens, and I know from the ground talk that they are determined to appease their fans and are going all out at Wembley. They want blood after the final ten minute whomping Spurs gave them at the Liberty the end of last season. Smaller stake on +1, and smaller still on a draw. £10 on the win.

Huddersfield were very attractive scorers in the pre-season friendlies and their first games of the season, and have seen a mini-drought the last two games against a Defensive Southampton and a West Ham team that had to win. At home against Leicester I expect both teams to get a goal at least. I am also staking on Leicester BTTS.

West Brom West Ham screams draw to me, and 0-0 the most likely, imo.

Finally, as @sajtion said Stoke to beat the Toon Army. They've really impressed and surprised me this season and it goes to show what a bit of Spring cleaning can do. Newcastle on the other hand have not. Absolutely average, just like they were the season they went down - mostly losing, with the occasional lucky win. 

On the other hand we dont have Steve Mcclaren as manager and Anita and Colback as our midfield pairing though, the team we have now is definitely better than the one that got relegated, and we also have one of the best managers in the league, only way we'll get relegated is if Benitez walks in January.

Bournemouth V LBGT & Hove Albion (!)

Brighton have played well the last 2 games, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them get something tonight. However the Law Of Averages comes into pay this weekend, and after losing 4 games this season, Bournemouth are due a win. I think it will be an open entertaining game, but (without any bias) Brighton has a better team than their opposition.

Im taking Bournemouth on the corners, as I think they will push forward and attack, they have to! & Brighton generally don't have that many.

Bournemouth -1 Corners 1.75

CRAPPY PALARSE V STAINS

Again the law of averages will come into play here, along with the change of manager, and it should be unlikely that Palace will lose this one. Hodgson will set Place up to keep the point they start with, and look to nick all 3. I think it's a good game for him to make his debut as manager, as Southampton are even worse at the moment. I agree that it could be 0-0 or 4-0, as Palace were unlucky last week against Burnley.

Palace DNB 2.0

Also going to have Liverpool on a corner handicap & Man U to give Jose a response to last weeks draw by winning to nil against Everton

Newcastle Utd v Stoke City

Newcastle Utd: Aleksandar Mitrovic (1/1 f, suspended), Paul Dummett (1/0 d), Massadio Haïdara (0/0 d)

Stoke City: Ryan Shawcross (3/0 d, captain, doubtful), Geoff Cameron (4/0 d), Jakob Haugaard (0/0 g), Julien Ngoy (0/0 f), Stephen Ireland (0/0 m), Ibrahim Afellay (0/0 m)

Watford FC v Manchester City

Watford FC: Miguel Britos (3/1 d, suspended), Younes Kaboul (2/0 d), Sebastian Prödl (2/0 d), Craig Cathcart (0/0 d), Tommie Hoban (0/0 d), Mauro Zárate (0/0 f)

Manchester City: Vincent Kompany (3/0 d, captain)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

I will take Leicester all day long at 6/5 against Huddersfield. They have played Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd and they are better than their bare results, they have the quality to beat the newcomers who play football but will play into Leicester's hands away from home with their counter attacking ability. I don't see anything other than a win for Leicester and they need to get their season back on track. Definitely one for the accumulators. For those of a more cautious disposition 3/10 draw or away win.

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze1 said:

I will take Leicester all day long at 6/5 against Huddersfield. They have played Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd and they are better than their bare results, they have the quality to beat the newcomers who play football but will play into Leicester's hands away from home with their counter attacking ability. I don't see anything other than a win for Leicester and they need to get their season back on track. Definitely one for the accumulators. For those of a more cautious disposition 3/10 draw or away win.

I'm not so sure! I was at Old Trafford with a couple of mates and I can tell you Leicester were absolutely shocking. You always seem to see more when it's a live match, and boy did we!

I just think Leicester are one dimensional and Huddersfield are underrated at the moment as they're playing some decent stuff! I've gone with Huddersfield Double Chance and I'm pretty confident in it coming in. 

Good luck with your bets. :ok 

Crystal Palace @ DNB 2.10

Crystal Palace has opted for a more pragmatic manager again in Roy Hodgson. He is the type of manager similar to Tony Pulis and Big Sam and probably more suited for style of play. He is likely to go back to what worked for Palace last season, be it the personal or tactics. Like I mentioned earlier, Southampton has looked poor. Even though it's still early days in Roy Hodgson reign, I believe Palace should be able to get something out of this game even if they don't win.

5 hours ago, Sir Puntalot said:

I'm not so sure! I was at Old Trafford with a couple of mates and I can tell you Leicester were absolutely shocking. You always seem to see more when it's a live match, and boy did we!

I just think Leicester are one dimensional and Huddersfield are underrated at the moment as they're playing some decent stuff! I've gone with Huddersfield Double Chance and I'm pretty confident in it coming in. 

Good luck with your bets. :ok 

Fair comment!

I totally see your logic, Huddersfield riding the crest of a wave and playing some good football. To be fair anyone will struggle at old Trafford this season, they haven't lost at home since last year and Mourinho is a master tactician at spottting a weakness so I will forgive Leicester that one. I just think it's one of those games where Leicester will start firing after a difficult start. That's the beauty of football it divides opinion, best of luck on that double chance! I will go Leicester win on one acc and I will take the Leicester double chance on another. Good luck!

1 hour ago, not him again said:

Palace Southampton 0-0  -  6 to 1

Can't see any goals here. Hodgson is all about shape and being solid - Southampton will be nullified down the flanks which is where they like to attack. 

And Palace will be too obsessed with not conceding to get a goal.

I think both of these teams "need" to win and palace did create lots of chances against Burnley. I think Roy Hotdog will go more direct and Palace will definitely score, new manager, players clean slate, at Selhurst Park home crowd, 4 games without a goal if ever there was a time for a goal it's now, law of averages.Even if they lost they could at least point to a goal as progress. Definitely a goal in this game in my view. Good Luck.

1 hour ago, not him again said:

Does anyone else fancy Watford?

I like Watford this season but I couldn't fancy them against such a strong City side today. They were on cruise control for the midweek game in Holland and have players to come in not that they will need them at this stage of the season. I will back Watford going forward as they have a good team, good manager and can score goals just not today. There's value but it's there for a reason. Goodluck.

Crystal Palace vs Southampton

Worrying sign for Crystal Palace as they have yet to net a goal in their 4 league matches. Plus I think some players are not available ? (Zaha, Sako etc.). Southampton aren't really doing that fantastic, netting all 3 goals in 1 match and none in the other 3 matches.

Looking at the EPL fixtures, Palace is to face Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea, Newcastle. Surely Roy knows today's 3-point is a must-grab for the team in order to proceed on well into the season. Hopefully, with a new manager means a new prospect for the team.

Another of my emotional pick for the day -  Palace to score 1st, based on the potential underlying motivation

Edited by mrclubbie

Liverpool vs Burnley

I am not too sure if the current -1.75 hdp for Liverpool is justifiable ?

Sure, Liverpool scored 5 and conceded 0 in their 2 home league matches, but Burnley is not doing that badly as well. A shocker 2-3 win against Chelsea and 1-1 draw against Tottenham. Liverpool's Mane is also suspended as well.

5 minutes ago, mrclubbie said:

Disappointing first half by Crystal Palace

Thought they playing a more attacking 4-3-3 formation

Right now they are playing with a monkey on their back.Gifted away another goal.It will be difficult for them.Week 5 and they haven't scored yet