** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > 9th Sep

sap

• StevieDay1983 changed the title to Non-League Predictions > 9th Sep

nationalleague.jpg

nationalnorth.jpg

nationalsouth.jpg

npl.jpg

isthmian.jpg

spl.jpg

Apologies for late posting. They weren't available until later than usual this week. Possibly due to the midweek matches that were played. What are you guys thinking for these games?

@GazBlades, @eddiem, @BG Punter, @buga00, @Gidds, @addpea, @doverwhite, @tictok, @allthethings, @Tanktop, @amtopm, @sammydubs@the bastardian@bromsgrovegreen, @Woodgate, @Carl Iles, @dawwe92, @Kenton Schweppes, @TastesLikeTuna, @atish29, @MuineBheag, @Bronxie@misky, @Cheltenhamwhite, @canaries91, @HastGill1, @Foinavon, @Neubs, @Duty281, @Jack A, @sap, @addpea, and @Marc Kearney?

I was set to attend the Merthyr Town versus Bishop's Stortford game today but I'm not feeling 100% so giving it a miss. Kids just gone back to school so they've brought the plague home with them! Anyway, I really fancy the Martyrs to get the job done. Stan Collymore popped by to visit the club this week and it's really whipped up a bit of PR and exposure for the club which was needed. A decent turn out and a solid win today.

Boreham Wood v Leyton Orient
The home side got off to a very strong start to the season, but they are now without a win in three. I put them up to beat Tranmere at a big price in the first of those games and they blew a 2 goal lead that day and it may have just affected their confidence a little. They were pretty poor at Barrow last weekend and it was more comfortable for Barrow than the 2-1 scoreline suggests. I put up Leyton Orient on the handicap last week and in the end they covered it with ease. Their two defeats so far have both come on 3G pitches and its clear they struggled to cope with the different pitch. They have won their other two away games and as I said last week they should continue to get better. I'm surprised they are as big as 113/50 with Marathon to win this as I would make them slight favourites.

Sutton v Gateshead
Given Sutton couldn't win away from home last season it is rather surprising to see that they have better away form than home form so far this season. It seems last weekend they put in a rare bad performance at home when losing 2-0 to Maidenhead. Their other defeat at home came to Maidstone who of course also play on a 3G pitch. I think they have a great chance of bouncing back against a Gateshead side who not only haven't won in 3 games, but have only picked up 1 point on their travels so far. Sutton should be a shade of odds on so Marathon's 28/25 appeals.

AFC Telford v Harrogate
Telford have had real issues at home so far this season have lost all 4 games and conceding 12 goals in the process. Harrogate have had a really strong start to the season and look almost certain to be in the promotion picture come April. Granted they have only picked up 1 point from their last two games, but then they played Brackley who also had a 100% record at the time and then they went down 2-1 to ante-post favourites Salford. They were probably unlucky not to pick up a point on Tuesday night and they should appreciate playing a lesser side than either of those two. Harrogate are odds on across the board apart from Marathon who are a shade of odds against and that is appealing. 

Redditch v Chesham
The home side make plenty of appeal here. It could be argued they have had a fairly kind fixture list so far having played two of the weakest sides in the division, but they did put 5 past Dunstable and 4 past Dorchester. They also beat Farnborough 3-1 and their only defeat was against Kettering who have won all five of their games so far. Chesham have struggled in their last two league games having surprisingly lost 5-0 to Basingstoke and then only beating a Kings Langley side who played the last half an hour with 9 men 1-0 to a late scrappy goal. I think Redditch should be odds on so am more than happy to take 6/5 with Marathon on the home win and I just make them the best bet of the weekend.

The above will be the last preview I will be posting on here for now. I have been signed up to write previews for a site and they want it to be exclusive to them and thus I can't post them on here anymore. I will still check in and make some general posts and if I stop writing for the site at any stage then I will post them on here again.

1 hour ago, addpea said:

The above will be the last preview I will be posting on here for now. I have been signed up to write previews for a site and they want it to be exclusive to them and thus I can't post them on here anymore. I will still check in and make some general posts and if I stop writing for the site at any stage then I will post them on here again.

Sounds like you're touting...that's too bad. Sorry to see you go, but good luck with it. 

Sorry to hear this addpea, I guess the best tipsters always get noticed by the bookies; ala shipupstreets and hence why I never have

Aldershot v Dover @ 3.4 Aldershot are down to the bare bones,due to injury. Scott Rendell is back after the birth of his child and they've brought in Robert from FGR on loan, but is surely not match fit. Indeed Shots had two 17 yo playing last week against a poor Solihull side and just managed a 1 nil. Never bet on your own side Ive heard, but due to the previous sentences I just cannot resist those odds and showing they are no pushovers v Tranmere last week in a very strong performance winning 1 nil, Ive got to back my own side here. Away win

I agree with addpea re Leyton Orient and backed them whilst they were 3.2 on Tuesday

4 minutes ago, doverwhite said:

Am by no means saying he is with a bookie(speculation on my part), but as a pundit on an online forum, where else could he be going? 

@Shipsupstreets didn't go anywhere else. He sent me a message saying he'd just had enough of betting, and finished on a major high. ;) 

As for addpea - I'm speaking to him now, as I wasn't aware of any of this. He's a PL legend and of course we have to hang on to those.

2 hours ago, allthethings said:

Sounds like you're touting...that's too bad. Sorry to see you go, but good luck with it. 

I can also see how it can look like that, and I appreciate the brutally honest comment which is what I prefer people to be like. The true fact is, talent has been picked off on forums for years. However, they usually find writing is a lonely business when there's no community attached to it and often return eventually.

I've made addpea an offer to keep his previews here and he has accepted. He's fully deserving of it as he's contributed to PL for as many years as I can care to remember, so it's right that PL keeps its best talent and grows. The recent re-design and massive additions to the site are a sign of things to come, rewarding long standing members in different ways is what PL has always done and should always do.

On a wider note, I'm trying to come up with a fair scheme for PL members to attract others they know to contributing and get paid for doing so, should they remain active, but I need to define very well first. :ok 

Just to clear a couple of things up. The tips were still going to be free to see and I doubt I will ever decide to charge people for my football tips. Even if I did I wouldn't use this forum to tout for buisness as I respect it way too much to do that. I never really wanted to stop posting here and am pleased something has been sorted out so I don't have to. Hopefully some of my Twitter followers who don't know/use the forum can be encouraged to post here and the NL threads can grow.

As for Ships as Paul mentions he doesn't write for anyone now. He made so much money from punting on non-league that he felt it was time to semi-retire and it was getting harder for him to get on. I knew he wouldn't be able to give it up totally though and we share emails on a regular basis to bounce ideas off one another so through me he is still a small part of the forum.