** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing chat-Saturday 9th September

3.00 hay 

Copper knight 98.96

Holmeswood  98.95

These two are a little clear of the rest with holmeswood unbeaten last three runs and may still be ahead of the hcapper ....Copper knight doesn't look fabulous on paper but has been running really well in defeat and conditions likely to be perfect and well treated he could run a big race now at a big price ...

Copper knight 10pts win 10/1 will hill

Holmeswood 10pts win 5/1 lads

Green door the top weight is also interesting as recent listed running gives him a high Class rating but has a lot of weight to carry but one to watch 

Edited by richard-westwood

410 hay

Gawdawpalin   99.01

Jaameh 98.98

Compton mill  98.94

Gawdawpalin looks a decent bet on paper if he can get the extra distance ....great recent form and high class rating he has all the credentials to run a big race now ....Jaamehs run against hochfield was actually quite good given that one is looking very useful indeed and jaameh was probably wanting cut which he gets now so could run a good race ....interesting race 

Gawdawpalin  10pts win 8/1 pp

Jaameh 10pts win 12/1 pp

3 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

410 hay

Gawdawpalin   99.01

Jaameh 98.98

Compton mill  98.94

Gawdawpalin looks a decent bet on paper if he can get the extra distance ....great recent form and high class rating he has all the credentials to run a big race now ....Jaamehs run against hochfield was actually quite good given that one is looking very useful indeed and jaameh was probably wanting cut which he gets now so could run a good race ....interesting race 

Gawdawpalin  10pts win 8/1 pp

Jaameh 10pts win 12/1 pp

Gawdawpalin running today ...so scratch and use Compton mill 

340 Stratford

Court Minstrel 3/1 PP/Corals

Good horse on his day and has ran in much better company than this, he was sent over to Galway last time but unfortunately got hampered and came down. Prior to that showed he still had it in him despite his age and has found a good opportunity here.

Both main rivals like to make the running so could well set this up for the strong travelling Court Minstrel.

I think both Winter and Churchill look god things on the Leopardstown card tomorrow. Is it just me or do they look too good to be true.

Both are proven Group 1 winners and have done little wrong in my eyes. I know the ground wont be perfect but it wont for any of them.

Both around Evens looks a tempting double?

15 hours ago, BillyHills said:

I think both Winter and Churchill look god things on the Leopardstown card tomorrow. Is it just me or do they look too good to be true.

Both are proven Group 1 winners and have done little wrong in my eyes. I know the ground wont be perfect but it wont for any of them.

Both around Evens looks a tempting double?

Winter is still available at Evens this morning ........... looks pretty 'nailed on' to me !

I suppose there is a bit of a doubt over Churchill as to whether he really stayed 10 furlongs at York and he's been beaten in his last two races. I also assume the others will ride the race to make it a test with a couple of 12 furlong horses high up in the betting

I think I'd rather just stick my money on Winter rather than the double !

should be a couple of cracking races though ............ I can certainly see both the 'hotpots' winning

5:05 Leopardstown  EZIYRA  5/4 Ladbrokes PP Betvictor Sky

Comments taken from Racing Post Analysis at cork last time out (Looks good form for another Group 3 contest)

A test for the form of the Irish Oaks, in which the winner was third last time, and it was franked in good style by a filly that deserved to get off the mark for the season. It must have been a tonic for her trainer too, whose stable hasn't been firing on all cylinders lately.

EZIYRA was obviously entitled to win this, given that she was just over seven lengths off the brilliant Enable last time. However, things don't often go as smoothly as that in these races, especially when there is a cloud over a stable but there was no sign of any health issues in this performance, which was as smooth as silk. She was travelling all over her rivals in the straight and eased to the front over two furlongs out and asserted soon after. Her rider just kept her up to her work from there home though the filly didn't reciprocate the feelings for the three 'love taps' that Smullen gave her inside the final furlong, swishing her tail at the temerity of him to suggest that she wasn't already doing her best. A Group 1 win is presumably the aim now, and considering that Eziyra is from the family of such strong stayers as Enzeli and Estimate, a crack at the St Leger mightn't be out of the question.

Singl Bank : - 21 pt

Trixie (L15) Bank: - 8 pt

All: -29 pt

2.25 Haydock - Tesleet -5pt win - 9/2 William Hill

2.30 Stratford - Minstral Royal - 5pt win - 10/3 - bet365

And i wil try one yankee with PL NAP and few tips (0.5 pt) :

5.35 Leopardstown - Winter - 9/10 

5.05 Leopardstown - Ezyira - 6/5 

2.30 Stratford - Minstral Royal - 10/4 

3.40 Stratford - Court Minstrel - 11/4

All: 5.5pt

1.50 Haydock: Ascendant Stakes (Listed), 1m

Some interesting contenders here; soft ground winners Dee Ex Bee and Dark Acclaim make plenty of appeal. I, however, think Godolphin's Dubhe looks one with a massive amount of improvement to come.

He left a fair debut behind when landing a maiden in soft conditions at Sandown. While that was not a true test and he holding the advantage as the sole front-runner, the fact that he won easily going away in the end in a sprint finish, while it looks abundantly clear that he needs further sooner rather than later, was impressive.

He stays over the mile trip, which in heavy conditions with potentially a quicker pace should suit him down to the grounds to play out class and stamina.

Superbly bred, by Dubawi out of Irish Oaks winner Great Heavens, I feel he takes plenty of beating and therefore Dubhe is a tasty price.

Selection:
10pts win - Dubhe @ 5/1 Bet365

5.05 Leopardstown: Group 3 Enterprise Stakes, 1m 4f

Eziyra is a fair favourite given her impressive form this season to make it back to back wins for trainer Dermot Wel. Though, Spanish Step has won a Group 3 earlier this season and has a fair shout here too.

That says stable mate and former Derby runner-up US Army Ranger is the x-factor in the race.

He drops in class and trip, and this combination should see him go very close judged on ratings. Yes, he has been a major disappointment ever since coming close to land the big prize at Epsom, however he still ran to a time speed rating of 94 when last seen, which is still the best in this field.

Selection:
10pts win - US Army Ranger @ 6/1 Bet365

5.35 Leopardstown: Group 1 Matron Stakes, 1m

The class act is Winter. If all goes to plan she wins. She has a top draw and the bit of rain that may leave a bit of softness in ground won't bother her.

In my mind she can only be beaten if the long season has left a mark on her. Then the French raider Qemah comes into the equation. Her wide draw is an issue, nonetheless she remains a big price and has a better chance.

The winner of last years Coronation Stakes had a light campaign up until now, won at Royal Ascot earlier this season and was an unlucky 4th behind Roly Poly in the Prix Rothschild when last seen.

At her best, and if she can overcome the draw disadvantage with the magic man in the saddle, she has a chance to trouble Winter.

Selection:
10pts win - Qemah @ 7/1 Bet365

6.45 Leoapardstown: Group 1 Irish Champion Stakes, 1m 2f

Twelve months ago it was the race of the races - something we racing fans hope for but see not enough of: the best take on the best. On the flat the best often try to avoid each other, if possible. The Irish Champion Stakes stood true to its name in 2016, though, and saw the best battle it out with the very best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIwDhi5b8J4

This year looked for a while a slightly underwhelming race in prospect. The stars of last year are either under performing or retired. However the week leading up to the big enjoyed a timely boost with the conformation of smart Eminent giving it a go against the almighty Churchill.

Eminent has enhanced his credentials with an impressive front-running performance in a Group 2 over 10 furlongs at Deavuille last month, after three winless efforts at the highest level. Is he quite up to the standard required to beat Churchill? We find out today.

The dual Guineas winner proved satisfactory his stamina when runner-up in the Juddmonte International. So neither ground nor trip hold any fear for the highest rated individual in this field.

He's got the perfect draw and the help of one or two stable mates likely setting a good pace - I find it hard to look beyond him, to be honest. Yes, Tattersalls Gold Cup winner Decorated Night, or stable mate and Derby second Cliffs Of Moher are fine horses in their own right. But this looks all set for another Group 1 victory for Churchill.

Selection:
10pts win - Churchill @ 11/10 PP

2.45 Ascot- EARLY MORNING 50/1 skybet 1/5 1-5 Looks well overpriced to me has won here over a mile here off this mark has only run once over 7f when good 2nd ground should be ok Jimmy Fortune on top not the jockey he used to be but still no mug  this horse deffo worth an e/w play in this imo.

23 hours ago, Striker said:

Good luck today

I like today

1.50 Haydock-Dee Ex Bee @ 7-2  Bet Victor

2.45 Ascot-Mjjack @ 7-1  Bet 365

3.50 Kempton-El Borracho @ 15-2  Betfair Sports

4.45 Haydock-Time To Study @ 11-2 Coral

5.05 Leopardstown-Eziyra @ 5-4 Paddy Power  Won

7.00 Wolverhampton-Bakht Khan @ 9-1  Coral

1pt win on each

All ran ok but just the one winner

The Irish Champion is usually one of the most competitive and strongest races of the year but that renewal was terrible. Decorated Knight and Poet's World had the better ground on the outside coming up the straight and finished just ahead of Eminent who's really a Group 2 horse and Moonlight Magic who's an exposed Group 3 horse.