** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2017/18 NFL Season Predictions

WiggoBets

Any NFL fans on here? I can't get enough of it and can't wait for the new season to start this week after 7 months off. 

Personally I'm a huge steelers fan and I'll be backing them to win the superbowl as I always do, we just gotta get past them damn patriots first. I also fancy the cardinals to have a much better season this time around after a poor show last year.

You always get a surprise package in the nfl, last year I backed the falcons at 50/1 ante post and I'm still reeling from THAT game and THAT comeback. This year I have plumped for the Saints and Redskins at 66s for superbowl glory. 

I'll post my week 1 picks later this week. 

On 03/09/2017 at 2:23 PM, WiggoBets said:

Any NFL fans on here? I can't get enough of it and can't wait for the new season to start this week after 7 months off. 

Personally I'm a huge steelers fan and I'll be backing them to win the superbowl as I always do, we just gotta get past them damn patriots first. I also fancy the cardinals to have a much better season this time around after a poor show last year.

You always get a surprise package in the nfl, last year I backed the falcons at 50/1 ante post and I'm still reeling from THAT game and THAT comeback. This year I have plumped for the Saints and Redskins at 66s for superbowl glory. 

I'll post my week 1 picks later this week. 

Looking forward to your bets @WiggoBets :ok It's gone a bit quiet but it soon picks up again once someone is keen like yourself. ;) 

Before I get into my nfl picks I've also had some success in college football that I would like to share. There is a huge disparity in the NCAAF when one of the top ranked teams take on one of the lowest ranked teams, winning margins regularly reach 60 or 70+ which is a landslide. In these situations the top ranked team is highly likely to make the first score of the game by way of touchdown. So for tonight I've gone with:

Kansas State

Michigan 

Wisconsin 

Alabama 

Opening score of the game to be a touchdown 

£25 returns £156

Edited by WiggoBets

3 hours ago, WiggoBets said:

Before I get into my nfl picks I've also had some success in college football that I would like to share. There is a huge disparity in the NCAAF when one of the top ranked teams take on one of the lowest ranked teams, winning margins regularly reach 60 or 70+ which is a landslide. In these situations the top ranked team is highly likely to make the first score of the game by way of touchdown. So for tonight I've gone with:

Kansas State

Michigan 

Wisconsin 

Alabama 

Opening score of the game to be a touchdown 

£25 returns £156

Hopefully Alabama can do the business later as the first 3 selections have already come in. Alabama are the #1 ranked college team so I expect them to get the job done. 

Okay, lets move onto the return of the regular NFL season now. So my favourite market for NFL games is the 'alternative handicap' market and I have picked out a four fold tomorrow in this market.

Jaguars @ Houston - Jaguars +7.5 4/7 Expect a low scoring game here with two lacklustre offenses. I think the Jaguars can improve significantly on last season and expect them to cover the 7.5 spread in a tight game on what will probably be an emotional day in Houston.

Eagles @ Redskins - Redksins +2.5  8/11 I've backed the Redksins outright as i think they are going to be an under the radar team.this season. Eagles have acquired Lagarette Blount in the off season and also have an impressive young QB but i think the skins will have the edge, especially if Kirk Cousins is in the mood.

Giants @ Cowboys - Giants +5.5 8/11 In the other NFC east match up i can see the giants turning over the cowboys in their own backyard. Dallas were arguably the best team in the regular season last year but have had a massive distraction the past week or so with the ezekiel elliot situation. Giants are always a solid outfit so i'd like to think they can cover the 5.5 spread even with Elliot lining up in the backfield for Dallas.

Steelers @ Browns - Steelers -3.5 4/9  Steelers have an explosive offence with the 4 B's Ben, Bell, Brown and Bryant, who is back in the league after a year long suspension from the league. They are my main pick for the superbowl this season and couldn't really ask for an easier opener. Browns will be better this year no doubt, but i expect the Steelers to be far too good tomorrow

Played it fairly safe with these picks four fold is around 6/1 , it is week 1 after all no one can be sure of how the season will pan out.

Looks like there isn't a great deal of interest in nfl on this forum which is a shame. It's one of them sports you have to be patient with as it is pretty confusing at first and I know a lot of people don't like the fact that a 1 hour game can go on for 3 or 4 hours with all the stoppages they have, but if you become attached to a team it's really addictive viewing. 

On 09/09/2017 at 9:50 PM, WiggoBets said:

Okay, lets move onto the return of the regular NFL season now. So my favourite market for NFL games is the 'alternative handicap' market and I have picked out a four fold tomorrow in this market.

Jaguars @ Houston - Jaguars +7.5 4/7 Expect a low scoring game here with two lacklustre offenses. I think the Jaguars can improve significantly on last season and expect them to cover the 7.5 spread in a tight game on what will probably be an emotional day in Houston.

Eagles @ Redskins - Redksins +2.5  8/11 I've backed the Redksins outright as i think they are going to be an under the radar team.this season. Eagles have acquired Lagarette Blount in the off season and also have an impressive young QB but i think the skins will have the edge, especially if Kirk Cousins is in the mood.

Giants @ Cowboys - Giants +5.5 8/11 In the other NFC east match up i can see the giants turning over the cowboys in their own backyard. Dallas were arguably the best team in the regular season last year but have had a massive distraction the past week or so with the ezekiel elliot situation. Giants are always a solid outfit so i'd like to think they can cover the 5.5 spread even with Elliot lining up in the backfield for Dallas.

Steelers @ Browns - Steelers -3.5 4/9  Steelers have an explosive offence with the 4 B's Ben, Bell, Brown and Bryant, who is back in the league after a year long suspension from the league. They are my main pick for the superbowl this season and couldn't really ask for an easier opener. Browns will be better this year no doubt, but i expect the Steelers to be far too good tomorrow

Played it fairly safe with these picks four fold is around 6/1 , it is week 1 after all no one can be sure of how the season will pan out.

Disappointing 4th quarter has cost me here. I expected more from the redskins tbh but credit to wentz who had a great game. I seem to remember he started last season white hot but faded later in the season. He is definitely one to watch this season. Steelers got the win in the end but didn't exactly pull up trees. Jaguars put in a huge performance at the Texans, who have serious QB issues again. 

Hey keep posting Wiggobets..I love my NFL...I lived in San Diego during the glory years of L.T. when they reached the play-offs a couple of times ..Great memories of great times spent at the Qualcome Stadium...But were not gonna talk about them now playing in L.A.  OK... To soon,to soon... LOL...So tonight im kinda betting with my heart but i honestly believe as well that thye can keep the game close in Denver if not actually win ??..So im taking Chargers+3.5 and im also going with the dawg in the other game and im taking the Saints+3.5 also... Good luck all

Brilliant WiggoBets...I stayed up to watch the scores come in and you were dead right on all 4 games.. I got odds of 11/2 for the acca with Bet365...£$£$£$£$£...Ive got a big bet on Clemson m/l at the moment and they,re doing good also..In fact ive had a great day of betting on the collage football...Cheers Mate and roll on tomorrow for the NFL

7 hours ago, bookiebasher said:

Brilliant WiggoBets...I stayed up to watch the scores come in and you were dead right on all 4 games.. I got odds of 11/2 for the acca with Bet365...£$£$£$£$£...Ive got a big bet on Clemson m/l at the moment and they,re doing good also..In fact ive had a great day of betting on the collage football...Cheers Mate and roll on tomorrow for the NFL

Brilliant stuff, glad to hear you were on board, unbelievably it has now come in 3 weeks in a row for me. Gives us a free rein for tonights NFL action. 

As for tonight I fully expect the Cardinals, Panthers and Steelers to cover the -6.5 handicap.

Cardinals have big injury problems themselves, not least David Johnson, but the Colts without Andrew Luck are just horrific and they made the Rams look like the Pats last week. Even with home advantage I cant see them doing much.

Minnesota were impressive last week but Bradford is hurt, and is going to be a 'game time decision' to play against the steelers. Even if he does play he clearly wont be 100% healthy so you would have to think the Steelers will be a TD better than the Vikings with or without Bradford.

Not too much to say about Bills v Panthers other than I expect Panthers will be at least 1 TD better than the Bills, based on last weeks performances and based on the simple fact that the panthers are a much better outfit than the bills. (Famous last words)

That treble is 11/2 on bet365.

Couple more fun bets:

Steelers, Panthers, Seahawks, Raiders all to score points in every quarter - 57/1

A special team/defensive touchdown to be scored in the games at the Saints, Broncos, Chiefs and Colts - 40/1

I quite like the Specials and Request A Bets on SkyBet as well so I will have a play on a few of them later on too.

What are your thoughts for tonight? @bookiebasher

Havent a clue about NFL , but have read a math/stat paper by Wever & Adland which claims from 1985 to 2008 (around 6000 games) a 53% to 54% SR per season based on pts spread.

As the spread is usualy 10/11 the above should give a small (to say the least) but consistant profit as you will be in effect getting 1.91 for what should be a 1.85 to 1.88 bet

Im going to give it a go this season more out of interest than a money making stratergy.

so Far 2 out of 2 from week 1

Week 2 selections :hope

Indianapolis Colts +7 @ 1.83
New York Jets +13 @ 1.91
San Francisco 49ers +14 @ 1.91

Last weeks selections

Capture.JPG

Edited by Valiant Thor
spelling

On 17/09/2017 at 8:54 PM, WiggoBets said:

Another fruitless week in the nfl, maybe I should stick to college ball :lol

One of those nights ..Dont worry about it..Im going to look into doing the team to score in every quarter bet,,your bet started off well but then the Panthers killed it....I managed to get out of trouble by doing the Overs in the Packers game...I not sure about tonights game .I guess im going to wait to see if Beckham  plays.. Good luck fellas

19 hours ago, bookiebasher said:

One of those nights ..Dont worry about it..Im going to look into doing the team to score in every quarter bet,,your bet started off well but then the Panthers killed it....I managed to get out of trouble by doing the Overs in the Packers game...I not sure about tonights game .I guess im going to wait to see if Beckham  plays.. Good luck fellas

Didn't see the NYG game last night but it sounded like they were trash. That division is looking like it will be wide open this year, Eagles have been the most impressive so far, I still fancy Washington though at 5/1 Currently. 

Hey WiggoBets...How you doing ?...I had a great night last night tipping gurley to score 1,(evens)2,(6/1) and 3 (25/1) touchdowns for the RAMS last night on the CBS sports page in america..Ive been putting up tips on the site for about a year now and know most of the usual suspects who are on there every night putting up tips on anything and everything but mostly american sports..I posted your collage plays up there last week and evereyone was impressed with your work..The cbs page were on is the collage basketball experts tips page as they have a few to choose from..Take a look as theres some real good cappers on there who always seem to be in the winners...It seems that UTAH -3 is the play tonight in COLLAGE FOOTBALL and the other popular play is OVER 51.5 points in the B.C.LIONS CFL game ...Anyway im gonna put up your collage plays again if you dont mind and i hope you,ve already placed your bet as its very usual for the odds to plummet when tips go up on this site .Good luck this weekend fella and lets hope for 4 in a row hey.

Edited by bookiebasher