** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Serie A Predictions > Sep 9th & 10th

• StevieDay1983 changed the title to Serie A Predictions > Sep 9th & 10th

italyratings.jpg

The Serie A season continues after the international break but we can certainly discuss some talking points early and get some tips up. The usual suspects have maintained their 100% records after two games. There is a lot of transfer speculation going on ahead of transfer deadline day as well so that will be a huge influence on a lot of your betting.

@TastesLikeTuna, @discipline@Icongene, @betcatalog, @Pipoca@sajtion, @Vcg2007, @chris666, @WinningAdvice, @yoju82, @DrBetter, @KingSoccertips, @CloughandTaylor, @Punki85, @DW_United, @KikoCy, @vasilli07. @Simeon Borisof, @Simeone, @fat, @HastGill1, @clubgowi, @MPLouis, @Kumanovac, @AF13, @Jase82, @azzurini1976, @Mindfulness, @amygdalate, and @TotoSchillaci.

• 2 weeks later...

Juventus FC v Chievo Verona

Juventus FC: Buffon (2/0 first goalkeeper, on the bench), Chiellini (2/0 d), Marchisio (1/0 m), Khedira (2/0 m), Pjaca (0/0 m)

Chievo Verona: Meggiorini (0/0 f)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Inter Milan V SPAL

SPAL +2.0 AH @ 1.7 Bet365

A great start to the season for Inter with wins against Fiorentina and Roma but I feel SPAL will be an interesting test for the Nerazzurri.

Inter have clearly progressed under Spalletti, their main weapon seems to be their efficiency in front of goal and have shown a good spirit in their opening two matches. Despite this, they do allow opponents to create a lot of chances against them and are perhaps vulnerable to the counter-attack when playing at the San Siro where they have to make the game.

SPAL are also in a good moment and can take heart from their opening two games. Coach Leonardo Semplici has them well drilled and playing with confidence. They’re a team that likes to disrupt the opposition and break forward quickly. It’s a style of play that could well be suited for this type of match and we should note they’ve already managed to hold Lazio at the Stadio Olimpico.

Clearly Inter will be the toughest test SPAL have faced since returning to the top flight and it isn’t beyond the realm of possibility that the away side might get beaten up here.

Despite this I am willing to get involved as we are returning from an international break where Inter would have faced the greater disruption to preparations from call-ups.

SPAL have the ability to make things difficult for Inter here, it will be interesting to see if such a big asian line for the away side is justified in the present circumstances.

22 hours ago, Sir Puntalot said:

I just can't get over how poor the odds are on the favourites in Serie A over the last few years. I mean, Napoli 1.36 away to Bologna! :loon They'll probably win, the ratings like them a lot, but I don't think I could back Barcelona away to Salford at 1.36! :sad 

Yeh I don't think Napoli @ 1.36 offered any meaningful value tonight so if you swerved it was the right thing to do. Bologna shut them down for the majority of the game but perhaps the home side became exhausted from Napoli's 'mental overloads' and somehow the away side ended up winning 0-3 with some late goals. Napoli were impressive tonight in the sense that they retained their composure in a tough game, their preparation, know-how and mentality is very strong.

ELO ratings looking accurate even at this early stage which is impressive. Only real shock was Lazio V Milan, that was a crazy scoreline, need to investigate further.

3 minutes ago, Mindfulness said:

Yeh I don't think Napoli @ 1.36 offered any meaningful value tonight so if you swerved it was the right thing to do. Bologna shut them down for the majority of the game but perhaps the home side became exhausted from Napoli's 'mental overloads' and somehow the away side ended up winning 0-3 with some late goals. Napoli were impressive tonight in the sense that they retained their composure in a tough game, their preparation, know-how and mentality is very strong.

ELO ratings looking accurate even at this early stage which is impressive. Only real shock was Lazio V Milan, that was a crazy scoreline, need to investigate further.

What will shock you even more is the "performance ratings" on the Lazio v Milan match. Once they update, you'll see Lazio were flattered bigtime by the scoreline, which is why I created the ratings to spot things like that.

@Sir Puntalot

Yeh that makes sense as there isn't a big disparity between the two teams quality wise.

I've read some reports and it sounds like Milan need to work on their game management. Lazio obviously playing together as a unit for much longer. Teething problems for Milan me thinks, will be interesting to see how they respond in Europa League this week.