** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League Predictions > Sep 12th & 13th

uclodds.jpg

The 2017/18 Champions League group stage draw has been made and here are the first set of fixtures coming up. Some very tasty ties indeed. A lot to discuss and go through. Any of you guys picking any stand-out tips early on?

@vasilli07, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @DrBetter, @Duuc, @DrO, @immortal--, @Notorious, @betcatalog, @KingSoccertips, @discipline, @Pep004, @HastGill1, @ElPrincipito007, @salmonman, @DW_United, @allthethings, @MightyWell, @liamcorrigan86, @mijOsim, @LePapo, @seifer365, @MPLouis, @Jack A, @JJG, @Pipoca, @neilovan, and @WinningAdvice.

• 2 weeks later...

AS Roma v Atlético Madrid

AS Roma: Emerson (0/0 d), Schick (0/0 f), Nura (0/0 d)

Atlético Madrid: Fernandez (0/0 m)

Celtic FC v Paris St. Germain

Celtic FC: Boyata (0/0 d), Sviatchenko (0/0 d), Dembele (0/0 f)

Paris St. Germain: Di Maria (4/0 m), Pastore (4/2 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Celtic season ticket holder

I saw an article pre game and it said that PSG spent £500m on their team and Celtic £10m, make no bones about it PSG have built a team to win the Champions League. Celtic are happy to eat at the big boys table.

This Celtic team are a good footballing side under Rodgers and have come along way along with squad changes from losing to lincoln red imps with an unfit team last year, in waht was their second game in their preseason l

The bottom line is Celtic can score against any team at home and have done fairly consistently in Europe against the top teams.

PSG are simply the better team here, you pay for what you get and i think their quality will prevail. Celtic only have one first team CB avail btw and will have to reshuffle their back line.

Celtic don't not get thrashed at their own ground in competitive matches often so i think the following bets are decent value

PSG BTS YES 2.60

PSG exact score 2-1 9.5
PSG exact score 3-1 10

So so dangerous these first games in any Champions League season. :unsure 

The ones that catch my eye would have to be Benfica to take care of CSKA Moscow, as most Russian/Ukraine teams are poor travellers and Benfica is a hard stadium to get a result in.

Juventus look way too big away to Barcelona too, how can they be 5.75? Mental.

The standout price by an absolute mile is Feyenoord at 9.00 :loon at HOME to Man City, who don't have a good record in the CL as a whole. Feyenoord have won 4/4 in the Eredivisie scoring 12 goals! 

Benfica 1.70 Bet365
Juventus 5.75 Unibet
Feyenoord 9.00 Bet365 (Unbelievable Jeff!)

Benfica wants the three points to take the lead in qualifying for the next stage, is an experienced team, can win after CSKA away from Russia has many issues, mainly in its defense.
SL BENFICA vs CSKA MOSCOW @@ SL BENFICA, odds 1.75

Difficult confrontation for every prediction, in my opinion everything is open, I expect open play, where both teams can score because of the defensive weaknesses of both teams
OLYMPIACOS PIRAEUS vs SPORTING CP @@ Both team to score, odds 2.20

I like the look of Celtic at 14/1. I have to admit though I can remember them beating Barcelona a few years back and somehow had it in my head that they had a few other notable scalps as well. They don't really though other than a 3-3 last year against Man City.

There is no comparison between these teams so in reality this should be a walk over for PSG similar to most of their league games. The difference here though is that they don't experience the atmosphere of a Champions League night at Celtic Park every week. They definitely act as the 12th man.

Celtic have confidence from an impressive period under Brendan Rogers. Don't get me wrong I expect PSG to win here but if they don't perform to their best they might find this tie more difficult than the odds suggest.

2pts Celtic win @ 14/1 Bet365

Edited by Bobby Vegas

9 hours ago, dogmeister said:

Celtic season ticket holder

I saw an article pre game and it said that PSG spent £500m on their team and Celtic £10m, make no bones about it PSG have built a team to win the Champions League. Celtic are happy to eat at the big boys table.

This Celtic team are a good footballing side under Rodgers and have come along way along with squad changes from losing to lincoln red imps with an unfit team last year, in waht was their second game in their preseason l

The bottom line is Celtic can score against any team at home and have done fairly consistently in Europe against the top teams.

PSG are simply the better team here, you pay for what you get and i think their quality will prevail. Celtic only have one first team CB avail btw and will have to reshuffle their back line.

Celtic don't not get thrashed at their own ground in competitive matches often so i think the following bets are decent value

PSG BTS YES 2.60

PSG exact score 2-1 9.5
PSG exact score 3-1 10

my heart is ruling my head and looking at celtic to win and BTTS 22/1 at ladbrokes , better value than the 14s to win as we will concede for sure , as I said though its value from the heart not the head but I will put a few pennies on it just incase lol

Edited by JJG
disgraceful spelling.

I think Barcelona will easly win Juventus. The Italian`s defence is not the same without Bonucci. Last meating on Camp Nou finished 0:0 after Barcelona miss a lot of chances and I think it was a big luck for Juventus. Other good spot is Over 4.0 Asian Total Cards. The referee is Damir Skomina who gives average 4.09 cards. GL everyone!

i am confident tottenham will beat borussia dortmund and leipzig can get the better of monaco also. i'm willing to try liverpool and sevilla both scoring each half at 11/1 and final result 2-2. i also like dybala to score 2 or more for juventus 11/1 and roma vs atletico madrid final score 2-2

I don't think Tottenham will beat Borussia Dortmund, @sajtion. I just don't think Tottenham have a big enough squad to compete in Europe and in the league. I think they'll finish 2nd or 3rd in their group at best. I'm tempted to back Roma and Atletico Madrid to be under 2.5 goals. I also think Chelsea and Manchester United could win with clean sheets tonight.

I haven't delved too much into yet, as the game is tomorrow, but I do think I like Spurs quite a bit to get a win.  I disagree that Spurs do not have a big enough squad as they've made a number of signings and as it's early in the season, they will not have to rotate much.  Spurs have a problem that Alli is suspended, yes.  But between the likes of Son, Erickson and if it's not August, you can expect Kane to score at least once.  I think Spurs defense will be a tough nut to crack too.

Dortmund always play better at home, and they are also a team with issues with a number of first team players out with injuries, mainly Reus and Schurrle.  Their expected midfield of Goetze, Sahin and Castro are not exactly world class in my eyes and Pulisic is severely overated.  I don't know if they will get a goal against a very organized and disciplined Spurs team.  

This is a difficult group and a win here would be massive for either side, but moreso for Spurs as it's a home game.  I'd expect Dortmund to be happy with a draw with the number of players missing, and with this being the case, I'll definitely take a shot with Spurs.  

I'll see if I can come up with any bets for today's matches, but I'm usually a horror show in CL play.

34 minutes ago, StevieDay1983 said:

I don't think Tottenham will beat Borussia Dortmund, @sajtion. I just don't think Tottenham have a big enough squad to compete in Europe and in the league. I think they'll finish 2nd or 3rd in their group at best. I'm tempted to back Roma and Atletico Madrid to be under 2.5 goals. I also think Chelsea and Manchester United could win with clean sheets tonight.

i am 100% sure of tottenham victory. 

10 hours ago, Valkovets said:

I think Barcelona will easly win Juventus. The Italian`s defence is not the same without Bonucci. Last meating on Camp Nou finished 0:0 after Barcelona miss a lot of chances and I think it was a big luck for Juventus. Other good spot is Over 4.0 Asian Total Cards. The referee is Damir Skomina who gives average 4.09 cards. GL everyone!

:welcome to PL @Valkovets :ok 

In the Netherlands I am looking forward to an open match, City now, apart from an experienced coach, has acquired the same experience in the event, it can start with a win with many goals
FEYENOORD ROTTERDAM vs MANCHESTER CITY @@ +2.50 Over, odds 1.67

Porto is a good team, knows how to capitalize on its headquarters and its quality, can take advantage of the weaknesses that Besiktas has to face away from her country and get the win
FC PORTO vs BESIKTAS JK @@ WIN FC PORTO, odds 1.60

I will risk the dynamics and aggression of Monaco, which can take effect in Germany at the headquarters of Leipzig
RB LEIPZIG vs AS MONACO @@ +0 Asian handicap AS MONACO, odds 2.20

Alright lads, time for some winners.  Very happy with the results yesterday - I'm a United supporter so no money put down, just enjoy a win.  Today we'll need to have some good financial results.

I do believe Spurs get a result today so I will play them for the win at +125 (1 unit to win 1.25).  

I also am playing RB Lepzig/Monaco o1 (First half) -140 (1.40 to make 1.00).  This is going to be a huge match for the German squad and I think they will come out all guns blazing as they really do love attacking.  This will also play into Monaco's hands a bit as they are a good counter attacking squad.  I really have a hard time NOT seeing goals in this one, and the way I like to play these is a First half bet to get to two goals.  Odds are a touch higher than I would have preferred to play them, but I can see this drifting even higher.  Both teams should be at full strength, should be a cracker here.

Feyenoord +550 (first half). (1.00 to make 5.50)  This is simply a spite bet on a line I feel is totally disrespectfully for the home side. Now I know Eredivise rates significantly lower than the premier league, but if you haven't been paying attention you'd think Feyenoord is a mid table team.  I can't imagine City would be favored this highly over Ajax or PSV in Holland.  This Dutch side won the damn league last year, with a +61 goal differential.  To put that in perspective, I BELIEVE the only teams with greater GD's last year in Europes top leagues were Monaco, Bayern Munich, Barcelona and Real Madrid.  That's pretty lofty company.  They went undefeated at home last year with a +45 goal differential in 17 games (I'll let you do the math but that's pretty dominant).  And they've started this season with 4 wins in a row already with a 12-3 goal difference.  All that adds up to a very good squad.  They are at home.  City has more talent overall sure, but if you give me this squad and ask them to fight for the first 45 minutes and maybe come to half time with a 1-0 lead and I'm getting 5 1/2 to 1, I'm probably placing this bet every day. 

:cheers

If this game was played at White Hart Lane I would love to take Tottenham at that price. But everybody knows how much Tottenham dislike Wembley, particularly the large pitch there. They've got a very limited home advantage. Their record at Wembley is awful. So I rather take the BTS.

Real should absolutely hammer APOEL. Especially with a super-ambitious Ronaldo back in the line-up with his controversial league ban and after Barcelona's and Messi's recent performances which are all over the Spanish sports media. 

Liverpool have looked very good so far at Anfield and Sevilla already had a lot of trouble with Basaksehir. And that 5-0 loss to Man City was probably a good wake up call right before the CL start. 

Shakhtar and Napoli both seem to be in tremendous form. But Napoli are the better team and Ukrainian league is basically a two club league with no competition. Shakhtar also lost 0-1 at home against rivals Dynamo Kiev. Napoli have shown recently that they not only can score goals but (finally) also can keep clean sheets. I like Napoli to win here.

Edit: Milik is such a useless twat. Meanwhile Mertens sits on the bench. 

I take that back. Napoli are still shit at defending. 

Edited by discipline