** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Monthly Naps - Thursday Aug 24th

7.40 Hamilton

Hamidans Girl 7/2 PP

Still a maiden but has been knocking at the door just lately and I think she can get off the mark here for local trainer Keith Dalgleish. Ran well for along way last time and now cheek pieces are applied just to help her concentrate. This is a weak contest and looks good value.

3.00 York: Class 2 Handicap, 1m

Big Baz is a big prize and hasn't shown too much this season to warrant a awful lot of respect. Still, it would be foolish to rule him out completely in a race that takes a bit of luck to win anyways.

What will the ground be like? There is no further rain expected, or at least not a lot, temperatures are balmy, so it might be good to soft, good in places by race time I reckon. That's fair enough. Big Baz has form on softish ground but also on quicker surfaces, so that side of the equation won't be an issue I think. Trip suits fine, no problem. 

His Newbury Cup performance off 7lb higher back in April gives him a shot at this with the ease in the mark surely a help. The draw isn't ideal, though, and Big Baz is not a confident selection, but is a value price in my book, nonetheless.

Selection:
Big Baz @ 66/1 Paddy Power

York 3.00 Blair House @ 14/1 bet365 e/w thanks

Blair House....from Charlie Appleby yard the 4yo has been successful twice at 1m on good to firm and good to soft ground and hopefully the ground has dried up from yesterday , This is only his 3rd race of the season I did him in first race this year after being Gelded last year and ran well when 2nd at Ascot 1m GF beaten 1/2 length by Zhui Feng , He was brought out 20 days ago at Goodwood 1m soft they said but it was more on the heavy side anyway they ran him but finished 11th in a bunch finish beaten by 4 1/2 lengths by Master The World, He is wearing cheekpieces for the first time and still running off 102 mark with yard changing the jockey to James Doyle who's hoping 3rd time lucky on horse as he's finished 2nd twice on him .