Announcements
** Poker League Results : July: 1st McG, 2nd Rhino_Power, 3rd Elliott Sutcliffe; August: 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd Rivrd **
** August Naps Competition Result: 1st LEE-GRAYS, 2nd Gary66, 3rd LeMale, 4th RUG. KO Cup Winner DONNYFLYER. Most Winners TVY: **

Betting Challenge

StevieDay1983

Right guys, just a quick challenge for you all. Since we've expanded the forums to include a number of other leagues in more depth I have noticed how a lot of members keep to leagues they are familiar with. That's all good. However, so many exciting leagues are not getting the attention they deserve. Here's my challenge...

Simply place a bet and post a tip for a league you've never bet on in your life. Do a bit of research, see what bets appear to have value, and see how it goes. You never know, you could discover your next big betting love affair. I think the forum as a whole will benefit from us all having a punt on some different leagues. :ok

I usually do this, just without the research part, mostly random bets when there is little choice, or just for fun.

Today, after meeting with a good friend, we decided to make a single bet on the earliest match starting, in this case Asian Champions League.

https://goo.gl/photos/JnPKzj1NBBbcxA6L7

As other interesting case, I would note, the first bet I made on baseball, even without knowing the rules of the game :)) I won a bet mostly on home teams win, and I used the money to buy a tennis racket, which meant more interest into tennis later.

These 2 examples were random bets and luck, but seems interesting to go more into unknown leagues with some basic analysis. Definitely will give it a try during this season.

Yeah, definitely, @Milanisimus. Last season, we had a lot of interest in the French league. Everyone got really into it which hadn't really happened before. Not a minor league as such but it was outside the usual UK, Spain, and Champions League topics. MLS and the A-League have also done well with intense discussion in past seasons. I love getting involved in random leagues. It's great learning something new every time you bet.

For this purpose, I use one Serbian weekly "magazine" for betting. They include Serbian players and coaches who work in different countries over the world plus some people from the country which cover specific leagues. So due to that, in every week, there are tips and some basic info even about some leagues from Asia (mostly Japan and China) and South America (Brazil and Argentina).