** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Monthly Naps Comp - Wed Aug 23nd

jinxy

7:15 -  Kempton -    Chupalla    20/1 @bet365

Didn't run too badly on it's fast outing for new trainer David Evans (with Mark Johnson until July 2017),when 2 1/4L 3rd of 6 at Windsor in class 4 (fillies/6f) 10 day's ago (won over 1m in a class 4 on g/f on it's penultimate start).It only win so far (8 races to date) came at this course,winning on it's debut for Johnson in a class 4 maiden (5f) last year.It is down 6lb on the all-weather to a mark of 82,an opening mark of 93 in January this year being the highest achieved on that surface by 8lb plus it is down to class 4 on the all-weather for the first time so it could do well today at a big price today.

21 hours ago, robertob said:

3.35 York: Group 1 Juddmonte International Stakes, 1m 2f

Cracking renewal and five of the seven starters have strong credentials to land the big pot. Eclipse winner and King George runner-up Ulysses sets the standard in my mind. Drop in trip will suit after being outstayed at Ascot by star filly Enable. 

He travelles strongly through his races and no more so at Sandown when wearing Barney Roy down. Slight concern is the rain coming. He obviously has fine form with cut in the ground in the book, however to my eye is clearly at his best when the ground is fast.

Whether Barney Roy truly wants 10 furlongs remains to be seen. Any rain will hinder his chances I believe and while he is certainly a top class colt I don't think he should be the favourite.

2000 Guineas winner Churchill returns after being taken out at Goodwood and a lackluster performance at Royal Ascot. He is by Galileo so the step up to 10f may not be as big an issue as some commentators make it out to be. He also has form on slow ground in case the rain would have a big impact.

However how much more can he improve for the new trip? He's already had 9 career starts and his target was clearly the Guineas.

Aiden O'Brien's "second" string, Derby runner-up Cliffs Of Moher appears to be a more interesting contender. He probably was a bit unlucky in the Eclipse when he finished fourth, as he was badly hampered in the middle of the race and lost all momentum. 

He's still only had five runs and can still improve. 10f on any sort of ground will suit and interestingly he is the only one who already matched a 112 top speed rating that otherwise only Ulysses has been able to achieve. 

The filly Shutter Speed beat Enable earlier the year and that sort of performance gives her a chance. Nonetheless she has a bit to find with the boys I feel. It's a tough task for her, though interesting to see a tongue tie applied for the first time. 

You can't fully discount Tattersalls Gold Cup winner Decorative Knight. He was well held in the Eclipse Stakes after clipping heels midterm. Could run well for a big price.

Selection:
Cliffs Of Moher @ 11/2 Paddy Power 

Shame things never went to plan BUT what a stunning write up.

1 hour ago, Jimmy2shoes said:

Shame things never went to plan BUT what a stunning write up.

Thanks mate. Slightly disappointed with the run of COM, was he half a pace maker for Churchill also? Though also disappointed with myself as whole week i fancied Ulysses strongly but then went against him as I thought the rain does may take the sting out of his kick. Well, been wrong. That's racing. 

1 hour ago, robertob said:

Thanks mate. Slightly disappointed with the run of COM, was he half a pace maker for Churchill also? Though also disappointed with myself as whole week i fancied Ulysses strongly but then went against him as I thought the rain does may take the sting out of his kick. Well, been wrong. That's racing. 

We have all done it, lost count how many times a price or the going or draw puts a doubt in my head and i change it, when we do we get punished Via the wallet, all we can do is move on.

I don't feel he was a pacemaker, the flat season winding down can be as strange as the Start.

Edited by Jimmy2shoes

On 8/22/2017 at 5:35 PM, BillyHills said:

5.10 Bath 

Hope Is High 2/1 BET365

Did us a favour at Yarmouth the other day and see no reason why to abandon her now. She won with any amount in hand and now goes back up in trip here. Silvestre Se Sousa rides again and should make amends for a narrow defeat over C/D earlier this season.

Watched this race G' but never invested, i felt SDS was rather Cute on her, and how the hell is SDS not at York, he's a cracking pilot but still doesn't get the big race chances, what must he do ?